Votes: 261 62.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
He's outscoring him by 8 points. This season it's not close.

That's just a primitive way of looking at it though.

Look at their ice time differences for starters.

Matthews is number 1 in the entire league in high danger scoring chances generated, despite missing 4 games. Do you know who number 2 is? Zach Hyman, that's how unbelievable Matthews has been this year.

Matthews is playing like a generational talent this year, and he's been fantastic defensively. The guy has a crazy +42 high danger scoring chances for/against as well. This is all 5 on 5.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg

Matthews is number 1 in the entire league in high danger scoring chances generated, despite missing 4 games. Do you know who number 2 is? Zach Hyman, that's how unbelievable Matthews has been this year.

Matthews is playing like a generational talent this year, and he's been fantastic defensively. The guy has a crazy +42 high danger scoring chances for/against as well. This is all 5 on 5.

Scheifele has more ice time because he PK's.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

That poster has proven to be borderline clueless about Matthews game so I'm not sure it's worth discussing with him at this point. His posts about why he's worse than other players are starting to make me cringe. We get it the leaderboards tell the whole story.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Scheifele's going for his PhD in Hockey so I can see him being a savage for a very long time. He's ahead of Matthews rn but we'll have to wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me, Scheifele is still going to get even better. His preparation, work ethic, and talent will ensure this. Matthews will improve too. But one thing Scheifele is better at, which I give a substantial advantage in is assists. He is a better playmaker. Goals wise, Scheifele can also score, he has a great shot also. At the moment Matthews still has to reach what Scheifele is. So for now it's absolutely Scheifele. In the future, I am 50-50. Scheifele is going to set a high bar hard to match.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
That poster has proven to be borderline clueless about Matthews game so I'm not sure it's worth discussing with him at his point. His posts about why he's worse than other players are starting to make me cringe. We get it the leaderboards tell the whole story.

You're the ones literally jumping through hoops to try and hold up your Golden boy on a pedastal he hasn't even touched yet and everyone outside of Toronto unanimously agrees he is the most over rated player in the NHL right now.

That is because of people like you.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Scheifele has more ice time because he PK's.

He also does get 3:14 mins on the PP where Matthews gets 2:13

But it's not to take away from Scheifele, he's a beast and I've been pumping his tires for a long time on HF.

Matthews is just an animal when it comes to generating high danger scoring chances, it's border line generational level in all honesty.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
You're the ones literally jumping through hoops to try and hold up your Golden boy on a pedastal he hasn't even touched yet and everyone outside of Toronto unanimously agrees he is the most over rated player in the NHL right now.

That is because of people like you.

All you do is talk about Toronto fans this, Toronto fans that when it's been proven on here already the vast majority of neutral fans think Matthews is better than your boy. You are a broken record who clearly has a hate for Matthews and Toronto.

Reactions: Garthinater

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He also does get 3:14 mins on the PP where Matthews gets 2:13

But it's not to take away from Scheifele, he's a beast and I've been pumping his tires for a long time on HF.

Matthews is just an animal when it comes to generating high danger scoring chances, it's border line generational level in all honesty.

I don't even take issue with someone thinking Scheifele is better, he is an amazing all around player, one of the best I believe, I just can't stand the 'points are the end of discussion' reasoning continuously being brought forth by some posters.

MidWestJet

Jan 13, 2014

I keep hearing about high danger scoring chances, but have no idea what it's bassed on. Is is just shots taken In high scoring areas or is there more to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->