• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Matthews clearly was more NHL ready when he entered the NHL as compared to Eichel. But player development is not always about who is better first. I think most hockey experts and patient fans expected the two players to end up very close. And that's exactly what has happened.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Even without the injury Eichal probably passes him. Watching both of them play i will just say that Matthews is not as dynamic as Eichal and cant carry a team like he is. Better player and time will prove that.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What an unnecessary bump
This is the first time Eichel has not had a fire dumpster of a team to play on.

I would say it was high time for a necessary bump due to all the unnecessary bumps in the past where Matthews was the one that had everything going for him. And Eichel did not.

Atleast now both are finally playing on comparable teams.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Even without the injury Eichal probably passes him. Watching both of them play i will just say that Matthews is not as dynamic as Eichal and cant carry a team like he is. Better player and time will prove that.

I'm not sure about passing him, but there is no doubt that Eichel has been the real leader on a Buffalo team that has so far exceeded all expectations and is tied with the Leafs for second in the East. I would put Eichel and Matthews currently at the same level. Anyone who said that it was Matthews AINEC earlier in this thread is sure looking silly though. Eichel is having a great year!

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Mar 26, 2010
Matthews still has double the goals in half the games :naughty:

I think he can catch Eichel this year even with missing over a month.
Just goes to show how insecure some of the Leaf haters are.

Even after missing over a month, Matthews will still have more goals.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Just goes to show how insecure some of the Leaf haters are.

Even after missing over a month, Matthews will still have more goals.

Season is long. Matthews will be back, and I am sure this thread will be bumped at some point. Infact I predict it will be. Bookmark I said this. I have no problem with this. But this is what you expect from a thread asking simply who will have more points this season? Season is ongoing until April BTW.

No one is conceding anything yet, I simply maintain this. And even you would have a hard time disagreeing with it.

For the first time since he has come into the NHL, Eichel is part of a team that isn't a dumpster fire. And this makes this poll the most fair to date. I would even say Matthews still has the edge in talented teammates and is in a better position once he comes back.

You don't have to participate in this thread, or maybe a new one should be created. Since this is the first time Eichel has had a fair shake to be surrounded with talent and quality of teams as Matthews has been since he stepped into the NHL.

Mar 26, 2010
Yup. Wasn't at all surprised when I saw who bumped it. The guy practically pleasures himself to highlights of Leafs losses. His level of obsessiveness when it comes to the Leafs is actually kind of disturbing.
Oh I know. Lol.

Too funny.

Mar 26, 2010
Season is long. Matthews will be back, and I am sure this thread will be bumped at some point. Infact I predict it will be. Bookmark I said this. I have no problem with this. But this is what you expect from a thread asking simply who will have more points this season? Season is ongoing until April BTW.

No one is conceding anything yet, I simply maintain this. And even you would have a hard time disagreeing with it.

For the first time since he has come into the NHL, Eichel is part of a team that isn't a dumpster fire. And this makes this poll the most fair to date. I would even say Matthews still has the edge in talented teammates and is in a better position once he comes back.

You don't have to participate in this thread, or maybe a new one should be created. Since this is the first time Eichel has had a fair shake to be surrounded with talent and quality of teams as Matthews has been since he stepped into the NHL.

Don’t worry, once Matthews gets back... you will be the first one I will be quoting.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Don’t worry, once Matthews gets back... you will be the first one I will be quoting.

Then why are you whining about bumping a thread that asks a question for the entire season where injury histories factor in. BTW You will have proven me right. And as I said already, I expect bumps and I expect Matthews to make it a competition. But remember this is a poll of who has more points, not who has more points what if they played 82 games. And this is the first time both players are on non dumpster fire teams. Do you not agree?

Also I also did not create the thread.

Mar 26, 2010
Then why are you whining about bumping a thread that asks a question for the entire season where injury histories factor in. BTW You will have proven me right. And as I said already, I expect bumps and I expect Matthews to make it a competition. But remember this is a poll of who has more points, not who has more points what if they played 82 games. And this is the first time both players are on non dumpster fire teams. Do you not agree?

Also I also did not create the thread.
You bumped this to start shit. Straight up!

Once Matthews come back and takes the NHL by hostage you will be the first one I will quote.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You bumped this to start ****. Straight up!

Once Matthews come back and takes the NHL by hostage you will be the first one I will quote.

This post is also bump worthy. You know Matthews was scoreless in his last 4 games when he was hurt. You may want to cut back on the hostage comments. All players go through peaks and valleys. It's a hard lesson for some. If you are going to bump me, may I will bump you when Eichel scores too. Is this okay?

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
This post is also bump worthy. You know Matthews was scoreless in his last 4 games when he was hurt. You may want to cut back on the hostage comments. All players go through peaks and valleys. It's a hard lesson for some. If you are going to bump me, may I will bump you when Eichel scores too. Is this okay?
Be prepared to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad