Matthews vs. Eichel

Who scores more points this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Both are pretty different centres so they're hard to compare. Anyone saying that they aren't very close is out to lunch tho

This is a good point. They are different, but they are close. I still maintain what Mckenzie said in his tweet. Had Matthews been in the 2015 draft he would have gone 3rd OA. But I put them in the same tier as Centers go. Anyone claiming they are not, lose any credibility they may have here.

This is a thread of who will score more points this year. Perhaps a newer thread is more accurate later this year. I think Eichel has been much maligned here due to his circumstances. You still see this in this thread.

I want to see how perceptions may have changed on him now that the Sabres are icing a respectable line up. For the 1st time in Eichel's NHL career. For those that always believed in him, this is all they have asked for. Just put him on a non tire fire team, and see how good he looks.

I would say, points aside, his first year as a Captain of the Sabres, after 22 games. Things have gone well. He is proving to be a good leader, and a player that can lead a good team. There is still a lot of work. The season is long. But for now Sabres fans have cautious reason to be optimistic this is an improved team now under Botterill and Housley.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Considering the fact that all of Marner's assists this year are primary, he's the one creating the goal.
Well there you go! Goals are the most important when talking about Matthews and primary assists are the most important when talking about Marner!
Some of you move those goal posts so quickly and often it makes most peoples heads spin.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
For sure.

Gotta love these haters that like to kick a guy when he is down.
What? Who's kicking him?

Eichel and Matthews are close right now and I think it will stay that way for a while. Matthews was cold before he went down and I don't think that if he didn't get injured he would've had 20+ goals right now. You clearly haven't watched enough hockey in your life if you think hotstreaks/coldstreaks define a player. Get off your delusional island.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad