TSN: Matthews-Dreger sit down interview

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
Personally think he should not be allowed to wear 34.

Way too soon to give Jamie Macoun's number to a rookie.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Last American first overall pick to wear 34 for the Leafs... Bryan Berard.

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
That Matthews pic is gorgeous! Well done bro!

Side note.. Guys let's drop the rookie numbers debate.. This kid isn't just some name auditioning for the team. This kid is our Franchise Centre and can have whatever number he wants.. Reimer fans can easily have their jerseys altered by changing the name patch.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
They should give him 13. The number that won him for us and the number of the guy he's replacing...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Side note.. Guys let's drop the rookie numbers debate.. This kid isn't just some name auditioning for the team. This kid is our Franchise Centre and can have whatever number he wants.. Reimer fans can easily have their jerseys altered by changing the name patch.

That is such an awesome pic.
It should say "I pick me!" from his interview with Dreger.
Still makes me laugh. I thought he would say maybe Laine. Nope. I pick me.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Personally think he should not be allowed to wear 34.

Way too soon to give Jamie Macoun's number to a rookie.

Seriously? I was so happy to have Macoun on this team but that was a long time ago and it's Macoun, not Bourque we're talking about.

This.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The last true #1 centre to be drafted and developed by the Leafs was Darryl Sittler. Close to 40 years ago. Even then, Ballard butchered that up. It's been such a long wait. (Dragging my white beard on the ground) I waited for new ownership only to get "draft smaft". Still, we lucked into Gilmour and Sundin. Now it's been 8 years and we get possibly the best of them all...we shall see.

Still wrapping my head around winning the lottery. We never catch breaks...this is like being in some weird movie.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
thank me later

rfKE5L9.jpg

I FRIGGIN HAVE A HUGE BRO CRUSH RIGHT NOW! :naughty::sarcasm::nod:

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The last true #1 centre to be drafted and developed by the Leafs was Darryl Sittler. Close to 40 years ago. Even then, Ballard butchered that up. It's been such a long wait. (Dragging my white beard on the ground) I waited for new ownership only to get "draft smaft". Still, we lucked into Gilmour and Sundin. Now it's been 8 years and we get possibly the best of them all...we shall see.

Still wrapping my head around winning the lottery. We never catch breaks...this is like being in some weird movie.

Yeah, as long as the Leafs have been around, we've just never had those singular individual superstars who are in the top handful of individual greats in the game. It's just weird thinking we'll have one of those guys, and at the start of their career.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Dreger given up on dyeing his hair eh?

Happy about that interview. He's really mature.

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
Give the man #34. If its available, it's available.

Though I really wish some of these Leaf players can choose better numbers. Like Kadri, seriously dude, you sticking with 43?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Give the man #34. If its available, it's available.

Though I really wish some of these Leaf players can choose better numbers. Like Kadri, seriously dude, you sticking with 43?

We all thought #43 was pretty damn ugly when Burke gave it to him but I think over the years we've grown accustomed to it. I'm assuming the same thing will happen with #34.

GojuLeaf

May 3, 2010
Went down in my eyes,I actually question anyones judgement who would choose Xbox One over PS4..................

And to be honest, I find it funny how he thinks it would be a surprise that an 18 year old kid would like gaming.
(Joking, not trying to turn this into a war like it does in certain places.)
Do any nhl players have 69?
Never seen it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad