TSN: Matthews-Dreger sit down interview

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
Interesting that he has already met with Lou, Mark and company. Wonder if they did the same with Laine.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Interesting that he has already met with Lou, Mark and company. Wonder if they did the same with Laine.

That would be interesting to know. I'm sure they will meet with both Laine and Puljujarvi.

It's normal to meet with most prospects before the draft so that you know them better and what not, but I can't say that I have ever heard of a team meeting with prospects over a month before the draft. I guess having the #1 pick gives you that option.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Reading the main board I think we'll be lucky if this kid becomes a 2C. :laugh:

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
With previous regimes and iterations of this organization I would have been concerned we'd screw this kid up somehow.

It's nice to finally have the confidence in all facets of the Maple Leafs, and believe they'll get this done right. Babcock coaching Matthews will be a dream.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
thank me later

rfKE5L9.jpg

How do we get this down to avatar size?

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That would be interesting to know. I'm sure they will meet with both Laine and Puljujarvi.

It's normal to meet with most prospects before the draft so that you know them better and what not, but I can't say that I have ever heard of a team meeting with prospects over a month before the draft. I guess having the #1 pick gives you that option.

No risk whatsoever in losing your player or revealing your cards.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hope Matthews gets to keep #34. It's in honour of his parents, he should get to keep it.

JonnyMacAwesome

Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Hope Matthews gets to keep #34. It's in honour of his parents, he should get to keep it.

I don't think he'll get it right away, I think he'll have to earn his jersey. Hopefully he can do that in his first year...then again maybe Lou will be in a giving mood and just hand it to him, but I've got my doubts.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Just a statue? Leaf fans will start a new religion called Matthewism :laugh:
Hahaha, naw. It will start as Leafism, then extend into Shannahanism, Marnerism, Riellys and so on. Eventually it will devolve into the gaza strip. But I wouldn't mind be there for the start of it, but fear for the next generations.................

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Its pretty fitting that the leafs in our 100th season, gets Matthews and likely has all of our kids in the lineup.

Truly going to be one of if not the most entertaining season i have ever witnessed.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Judging by his reaction to Dreger's questions about being approached by the leafs management team and what it would mean to be drafted to Toronto, i think the leafs have already told him he's going 1st overall.

I also think TSN already knows that the leafs have told him hes going first overall.

TSN is keeping the Matthews v Laine story line alive to ensure there is click bait and interest in the wc.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Reading the main board I think we'll be lucky if this kid becomes a 2C. :laugh:

Where on the main board is there anything short of praise for him?

Other than a few Finnish posters, most people are very high on him.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Great interview and 100% he gets to wear #34.....there is no reason for him not to.

He fits into the type of players we are looking for.....highly motivated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad