Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
you misspelled Micheyev lol
Hyman Tavares Marner
Micheyev Matthews Nylander
Kapanen Kerfoot Johnsson
Moore Spezza Shore

You have Johnsson as a RW and Kapanen as a LW. Johnsson is literally our most productive LW'er, so having him on the third line right wing seems like a curious move.

I'm not going to pencil a guy with 0 NHL games onto the Matthews line.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
you misspelled Micheyev lol
Hyman Tavares Marner
Micheyev Matthews Nylander
Kapanen Kerfoot Johnsson
Moore Spezza Shore
Everyone sleeping on korshkov, something we need in a winger right now compared to the others, size, little spunk, board play and has the skills to keep up. Hopefully he can play the lw and learn the na rink asap. Not a guy who screams we need size but when it comes with some skills I like it.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
You have Johnsson as a RW and Kapanen as a LW. Johnsson is literally our most productive LW'er, so having him on the third line right wing seems like a curious move.

If I was to do that I prefer korshkov, I see more grit and toughness in him with same skills. Just need him to learn to play lw would be a perfect fit for Mathews just maybe not right away

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
are you ok with me telling you this one sucked as well?
So not just what you write but I guess reading comprehension is a problem for you as well. Read the last post and you have your answer, if you need to ask again, read it again. Got it kid, good, class dismiss.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I see lots of pics of Leafs at various non team functions as a group, just hangin' out. Never seen Matthews in one of them.

Just sayin'.

He usually goes straight to AZ when the season is over. Pretty sure he's skated with Keller recently at Oceanside, a rink in AZ. Keller and Fish are good friends of his.

Don't really think it means much az though.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
There is ZERO evidence Matthews has ever complained about playing with either of the players you cite, or any others for that matter.
STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ

A lot of it isn't worth anything.
Sure no evidence. The report coming out before last season of Mathews demanding to not have hyman on his line and then literally not playing a single game with him the following season could all be a coincidence. Maybe it was a coincidence that twice in a row it was leaked that Mathews both times is reported of refusing to play with other leafs. If you don't believe it good for you, but I'd say it would be very strange for this kind of thing to come out twice in back to back seasons out of blue air

Reactions: dsred

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick

I hear you and I am absolutely open to trying Johnsson there to see how he works with Nylander and Matthews...my thought process is that Micheyev is a known skill guy who can finish and a big body to boot...he moves well and he's no slouch defensively whereas Johnsson seems to work well with Kapanen on his other wing...more keeping those two together than anything else, they're both shooters and Kerfoot is a notorious pass first guy (even more so than Marner if Avs fans are to be believed)

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
At $11.65M, aren't you suppose to make your line mates better?

Hate to see this leaked. I like Matthews less and less every day.

Isn't Crosby difficult to play with? Pittsburgh has always had to find the right fit for him because not all players can adjust to the fact that they are there to support the star on the line. This isn't some unheard of concept.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Everyone sleeping on korshkov, something we need in a winger right now compared to the others, size, little spunk, board play and has the skills to keep up. Hopefully he can play the lw and learn the na rink asap. Not a guy who screams we need size but when it comes with some skills I like it.

Honestly I completely forgot about Korshkov and I know nothing about him

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
I tried to hold back but I have to say it, this post sucked also, sorry bruh ...
Lol the banter on this guy, post after post just gets worst and worst, dumb and dumber, your hf razz winner for worst poster ladies and gentlemen. Again I'm stating facts, yours an opinion and since your the subject, your feels on the it don't matter. Get it, good. Hold your L up proudly lil bruh, live and learn, ya prolly won't but it is wat it is.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Honestly I completely forgot about Korshkov and I know nothing about him
Showed some grit in the playoffs, defended his teammates when needed. Plays more north American game then Russian. Pretty physical which I didn't expect, knew he had size but didn't think he would use it much. Good on the cycle and a good passer out of the corners. So yeah his skill traits would fit Auston pretty well but he plays the right so gonna need to move to the left wing, we're pretty set on the right. Add the fact he is a pass first guy, so should fit, would mean willy would have to be more 50/50 with his shoot/pass decision though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jared Henderson

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Lol the banter on this guy, post after post just gets worst and worst, dumb and dumber, your hf razz winner for worst poster ladies and gentlemen. Again I'm stating facts, yours an opinion and since your the subject, your feels on the it don't matter. Get it, good. Hold your L up proudly lil bruh, live and learn, ya prolly won't but it is wat it is.

ok, you got boring, its time for me to move on

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Sure no evidence. The report coming out before last season of Mathews demanding to not have hyman on his line and then literally not playing a single game with him the following season could all be a coincidence. Maybe it was a coincidence that twice in a row it was leaked that Mathews both times is reported of refusing to play with other leafs. If you don't believe it good for you, but I'd say it would be very strange for this kind of thing to come out twice in back to back seasons out of blue air
Bro bring on some corroborating links man

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Matthews had 4 goals in 6 games playing with Nylander against the Caps. You're basing your comment off one series against Boston's top line?

Marner had 0 goals after game 1. I guess it's time to split up him and Tavares? Yeah didn't think so.

I must be mistaken but wasnt he paired with Brown and Hyman ? or did that change during the post season

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

here you go son, I fixed it for ya lol

raw

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
here you go son, I fixed it for ya lol

raw
Hmm don't believe it needed any fixing, just clicked on it and everything works. Must be another thing you have trouble with. Kids these days, to lazy now to even click on a link, need it up in ya face or its wrong lmao 2019 for ya

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I must be mistaken but wasnt he paired with Brown and Hyman ? or did that change during the post season

I think that line was more situation based. It was Hyman-Matthews-Nylander otherwise. I remember seeing 29 on the ice for almost all of Matthews goals.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

Here you go. Nylander is on the ice for 3 of them. Not sure what happened with the lines when Brown was on for a goal. Matthews must have been at the end of his shift.

It was Hyman-Matthews-Nylander for Nylander's goal as well.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Kessel: Wanted to stay. Got chased out of town

JVR: Wanted to stay. No cap room

Gardiner: Wants to stay. No cap room.

Matthews: Wants to stay. All the cap he wants.

Can't say I can name any either besides Trouba but that's Jets problem, not ours.

Looks like the Leafs have had better luck attracting US talent than home town ones lol (JT the being the huge exception)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad