Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
He's the definition of:

2908b3e965e93457b2f46e5f255810f2.jpg

There's a gif of him from the last game in the box and he drinks from a water bottle and goes:

"Is this water?"

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

this guy has it pretty much right. The game has changed. You don’t “have to fight” anyone, the notion of the hockey code is fading.

personally I like when a player answers the bell after running around but it’s not a must. The idea is to win games.

I also have zero problem with Kassian going nuts this time and trying to get Tkachuk to engage, but if he comes out in the next game between the teams and continues? Then he is a fool.

There are other ways to make a team pay. They run you, you run them. They get a PP, you draw a PP. Spots can be picked without hurting your team.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
There's a gif of him from the last game in the box and he drinks from a water bottle and goes:

"Is this water?"

I remember that clip when I saw the stream as well. He definitely says, "What is this? Water?"

To be fair though, super cold Dasani tastes weird. I believe because Dasani is a distilled water with minerals and a sodium tasted added in afterwards, super cold it tastes like diluted flat seltzer IMO. I prefer Aquafina which is distilled water plus ozone and it doesn't have that weird taste and it will not go bad even after many months (ozone naturally kills germs. Learned that in some post aocalyptic survivor show on discovery). There's reports that low end stuff like Nestle water and other "spring water" like those flats of water at Costco is actually is just tap water from the local areas which means it's super over priced and there's a higher concentration of germs etc. in them than you'd like if they sit around for too long. Not as nasty as those idiots that drink untreated mountain water and call it "raw water" though, but after 6 months, I'd consider chucking them due to bacteria growth and potential sedimentation. Any other distilled waters are fine for a very long time though.

Source: random business articles about water sommelier being a growing industry (eye roll) and other articles talking about bottled water that has been kept for months potentially having too much bacteria growth that could get you sick... and articles about the face palm things that hipsters like to do.

Reactions: King In The North

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
this guy has it pretty much right. The game has changed. You don’t “have to fight” anyone, the notion of the hockey code is fading.

personally I like when a player answers the bell after running around but it’s not a must. The idea is to win games.

I also have zero problem with Kassian going nuts this time and trying to get Tkachuk to engage, but if he comes out in the next game between the teams and continues? Then he is a fool.

There are other ways to make a team pay. They run you, you run them. They get a PP, you draw a PP. Spots can be picked without hurting your team.

Big thing for me is this code doesn't always seem to apply to everyone, just when the media really hypes it. Top line players usually don't fight third liners.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
what I'm confused about is every makes it sound like Kassian shouldn't have gotten suspended because the refs failed to call any penalties on the hits.

I know there's a code... but that code doesn't say anything about being able to be immune from the rules. The two plays are completely independent from each other from a rules perspective. I'm sure everyone understands why Kass went bananas, just like I'm sure everyone understands why McSorley went after Brashear's temple, but it doesn't mean the rules changed and they were allowed to...

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
what I'm confused about is every makes it sound like Kassian shouldn't have gotten suspended because the refs failed to call any penalties on the hits.

I know there's a code... but that code doesn't say anything about being able to be immune from the rules. The two plays are completely independent from each other from a rules perspective. I'm sure everyone understands why Kass went bananas, just like I'm sure everyone understands why McSorley went after Brashear's temple, but it doesn't mean the rules changed and they were allowed to...

Everyone talks about the code. I wonder what does the code say about punching repeatedly a guy that is on the ice

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He's the one player I cannot stand but would absolutely LOVE to have on my team.

Marchand... I would hate him on my team. I don't get how Bruins fans are happy to have that rat on their team...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He's the one player I cannot stand but would absolutely LOVE to have on my team.

Marchand... I would hate him on my team. I don't get how Bruins fans are happy to have that rat on their team...
because aside from the licking and being a rat he's so good at actually hockey

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Crushing the team 8-3 & destroying both Goalies is the perfect revenge!

Everyone knows the way to not play into Matthew is to avoid his antics. Problem is you have idiots like Kassian who can't help themselves.

3-1-0 against Edmonton this year, Matthew Tkachuk playing a front-and-centre roll in all three wins. I'll take it :laugh:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad