Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Tkucky signing the cheaper contract cause he knows he doesn't have to pay for housing. He's been living rent free in all our heads this off-season.

EDXfA4q.gif

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I wanted the Canucks to draft Tkachuk and when they passed on him I was livid. Seeing him live in the entire city of Edmonton's head makes me even more mad because it would be amazing to be in the spot you guys are in.

You may need to get a restraining order on that city though, they are obsessed with you guys.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I wanted the Canucks to draft Tkachuk and when they passed on him I was livid. Seeing him live in the entire city of Edmonton's head makes me even more mad because it would be amazing to be in the spot you guys are in.

You may need to get a restraining order on that city though, they are obsessed with you guys.

There's something in the water in that city man.

Kassian has always been a loose cannon.

Neal's famous for dirty hits and lengthy suspensions.

Drai has had numerous dirty hits now (on Tkachuk, spear on Tierney, elbow on Krug)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Different draft, but the Canucks got plenty of redemption for that pick by selecting Pettersson 5th.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
There's something in the water in that city man.

Kassian has always been a loose cannon.

Neal's famous for dirty hits and lengthy suspensions.

Drai has had numerous dirty hits now (on Tkachuk, spear on Tierney, elbow on Krug)
Funny thing is, Oiler fans wanted Kassian’s face beat in when he was a Canuck, now they back him to the end of the earth.

Good stuff.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
You already know that Tkachuk is going to look for Kassian again next time. He did the same thing with Doughty.

Deep down, I bet Tippett regrets taking this job

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Kassian is such a low IQ caveman muppet.

All he cares about is seeking revenge for getting blown up twice. I forgot that we're actually boxing and not playing hockey. I predict at minimum 14 PIM's next game for this idiot.

I don't think I have ever seen this level of butt hurt from a player/team before for clean hits. CLEAN HITS and there is this much outrage. It's just laughable.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I really wonder what all of this would look like if the Oilers won that game. It's likely we would be the ones whining about Kassian's dirty play rather than laughing because it gave us a win. :dunno:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I really wonder what all of this would look like if the Oilers won that game. It's likely we would be the ones whining about Kassian's dirty play rather than laughing because it gave us a win. :dunno:

Nah. Kassian’s lack of discipline directly hurt the Oilers chances in that game, however those same actions only helped our chances in that game. If we had lost, it would’ve been in spite of that help.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kassian's comments since the incident have been comedy gold, too.

- He still hasn't acknowledged in any way that the incident benefitted the Flames and punished the Oilers. And he's doubled-down on the fact that he would do it again.
- After the game, he talked about how he's thrown those types of hits before, then after his hearing he claimed that he now knows he's allowed to throw those types of hits.
- He still apparently has no idea that Tkachuk got exactly what he wanted. He continues to suggest that what he did was a bad thing for Tkachuk.

It's amazing. :laugh:

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

- He still hasn't acknowledged in any way that the incident benefitted the Flames and punished the Oilers. And he's doubled-down on the fact that he would do it again.
- After the game, he talked about how he's thrown those types of hits before, then after his hearing he claimed that he now knows he's allowed to throw those types of hits.
- He still apparently has no idea that Tkachuk got exactly what he wanted. He continues to suggest that what he did was a bad thing for Tkachuk.

He’s also got a good memory and when you listen to him talk, he sounds like he’s got the cognitive ability of a 10 year old.

Reactions: Nanuuk

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

He's the definition of:

2908b3e965e93457b2f46e5f255810f2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad