Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Sorry, I'm just really confused here.....

Eric Francis actually broke a signing? The world as I know it, is crumbling....

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Sucks that Tkachuk is one of the last RFA's to sign. Really hoping he doesn't miss any time, but there's still 10 days 'til puck drop though the last 3-4 days of pre-season is supposed to be a team building trip (like China).

It isn't too surprising Francis broke the Point contract, Point is from and I believe lives in Calgary so Francis being in the know isn't surprising.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sucks that Tkachuk is one of the last RFA's to sign. Really hoping he doesn't miss any time, but there's still 10 days 'til puck drop though the last 3-4 days of pre-season is supposed to be a team building trip (like China).

It isn't too surprising Francis broke the Point contract, Point is from and I believe lives in Calgary so Francis being in the know isn't surprising.

It does, this Point signing makes me hopeful though.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Doesn't matter if he's last as long as it's before the first game of the season. Missing training camp isn't ideal though.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
For reference before people start resenting Tkachuk for "holding out" Gaudreau signed his last contract October 10th and this season doesn't start until October 3. So there is still 9 days to negotiate before any regular season time is missed, though like I mentioned the last 3 days of camp is a team building trip and no on ice stuff.

If I were to guess I think we can all assume he'll get no pre-season games in, but hoping he signs within the next week here. There's tons of contracts they can look at, Aho's 5 years, Point and Boeser's bridge deals, Keller's $7.1 over 8 years. Still holding out that we can get Tkachuk for 8.5x8. 3 year bridge would be horrible for the Flames, Tkachuk's cap hit will only go up at the end of the bridge, but more importantly Gaudreau is a UFA and he'll need to be paid at least $10-11 mil. I can't see Tre or the Flames wanting Tkachuk and Gaudreau both up at the same time.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
How much are they allowed to let it slide, per the CBA?

What about 8.25 in the final year?

5, 5.5, 8.25

There is some rule about the least year not being more than 50% less than the average or something like that. I can't recall it completely and I'm on mobile so I can't look it up too easily.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Omfg!!!! Omfg!!! Omfg!!!!

Also, someone on cp said it would be similar to the point contract. Disappointing tbh if true, but I thought I’d add that in quickly.

Edit: And he deleted the original tweet... sigh:

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->