Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Other fanbases have been salivating over the Tkachuk bros since they entered the league, even the slightest rumour that they ant out is more than enough for the fantasy trade proposals to start flying.

Tkachuk for Stutzle.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Toronto might be all over this. With rielly and some otha expensive sucka moving in on it. Both together for mr tkachuk.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not hard to believe he isn't liked in the locker room. Stutzle for Tkachuk.
Yeah thats what it starts with from us,and we really cant go there....Having two just makes our team look the same on two lines... As all three are LW ,Stu has the different skillset that makes our team much more able to give team,s a different look...

Reactions: Deen

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Not really surprised. If they think they can resign Gaudreau then ya, ship him out.

Eichel is obviously the dream but see what happens

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
2 way game is a cut above all those players. PLD looked really bad this last year. Pulju probably not as good as peak Tkachuk, Laine, or PLD, but none of those players had peaks years this year, they all looked bad to mediocre while Pulju looked great.

Pld had excellent two way game prior to this year, he had 3 solid years of two way play. All those players out produced poolparty too. Hes a good player but I'd say he's 3rd best of those names at best. You are totally downplaying single bad seasons of 3 excellent players to say the good season of 1 excellent player makes him better than the others.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Once again

Club electing for Arbitration in the first window can be made in lieu of a Qualifying Offer [CBA 12.3(a)(ii)]

huh. I missed the fine print. That’s very odd. Friedman etc have talked about the “poison pill” for tkachuk and Meier etc. That they have to qualify or lose for nothing.

why did all those teams not elect for arbitration? . They just let them go and didn’t qualify.

hmmmm I did not know that at all

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pld had excellent two way game prior to this year, he had 3 solid years of two way play. All those players out produced poolparty too. Hes a good player but I'd say he's 3rd best of those names at best. You are totally downplaying single bad seasons of 3 excellent players to say the good season of 1 excellent player makes him better than the others.
I expected big things from PLD when he signed for the Jets, thought it was a perfect fit. But watching him, complete invisible, unengaged all year. Maybe he bounces back, but if both hit their absolute potentials, I still say Pulju takes it.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The biggest knock on the Flames every year is they don't have a legitmate 1c, Calgary was by all metrics a top 10 team in the league after Sutter fully implemented his system (last ~15 games), yes its a small sample size I know. Adding Eichel (if healthy) would definitely make them a playoff team and potentially a contender
Again ,I cant see it ...But all I can do is hope for the best as I dont want the Flames or their fanbase go through more so/so teams that have been iced over the last little while

Ledge And Dairy

Yet he outperformed all of them in head to head matchups and he’s just getting started. Also, I don’t think you understand how bad Laine, PLD, and Tkachuk were this last year. They had some moments over the past few years, but recent history has down arrows for all of them, and up arrows for Pulju.

I know the rest of the League doesn’t see it yet. Just saying, mark my words, Pulju can easily be better than all 3 of them. Maybe it isn’t known now, but it will be.
I would gladly take that bet

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I expected big things from PLD when he signed for the Jets, thought it was a perfect fit. But watching him, complete invisible, unengaged all year. Maybe he bounces back, but if both hit their absolute potentials, I still say Pulju takes it.

He'll bounce back, I have no doubt. He looked too much like a playoff warrior prior to this year to not go back to being one.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Matthew Tkachuk is a gamer. No way we connect the brothers without Stutzle. We would probably even throw in a pick or player, but don't underestimate how M. Tkachuk can change a game.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I love posts like this. "Unrealistic proposal- get it done, GM!"

I mean, is it that bad? Konecnys a real good player in his own right. I guess he may not fill a need for Calgary though. What would they be looking for?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad