Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I mean, is it that bad? Konecnys a real good player in his own right. I guess he may not fill a need for Calgary though. What would they be looking for?

The gap between Konecny and Tkachuk isn't swapping the 76th pick for the 45th.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not sure what bigger names would be available this summer, outside of Eichel.

I wasn't aware Marner and Nylander are suddenly available.

Calgary might have to settle for a package type of trade, that involves picks and prospects plus a lesser level player instead Tkachuk for other bigger name player.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Toronto can't afford a 9m forward.
You could be right milord. But, "they", meaning the dumb dubas, might move a sucka out. Meaning a real expensive fool like marner or nylander, with the rielly. Then, all money would move out. By money, I mean that paper. And we bout it bout it sire. :clap:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not sure what bigger names would be available this summer, outside of Eichel.
I'd be fine with Tkachuk for Marner and a small sweetener for the cap difference. That or Toronto retaining to 9M on Marner. By small I mean a 2nd round picks worth of value.

I know I'm in the minority but I think Marner is a better player than Eichel. Just plays the less valuable position. But he's a RHS, good 200 foot game and can help our scoring issues.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Bond

May 10, 2012
Yet he outperformed all of them in head to head matchups and he’s just getting started. Also, I don’t think you understand how bad Laine, PLD, and Tkachuk were this last year. They had some moments over the past few years, but recent history has down arrows for all of them, and up arrows for Pulju.

I know the rest of the League doesn’t see it yet. Just saying, mark my words, Pulju can easily be better than all 3 of them. Maybe it isn’t known now, but it will be.
How to tell me you are an Oiler's fan without telling me you are an Oiler's fan

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
I'd be fine with Tkachuk for Marner and a small sweetener for the cap difference. That or Toronto retaining to 9M on Marner. By small I mean a 2nd round picks worth of value.

I know I'm in the minority but I think Marner is a better player than Eichel. Just plays the less valuable position. But he's a RHS, good 200 foot game and can help our scoring issues.
Calgary would have to add not the Leafs, especially if they are retaining. At least the 11th pick or Mangiapane without retention.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm a Sabres fan...........and even I think that's one piece too much.
My thinking is Tkachuk + 1st in 2021 (or Zary) and a conditional 2nd in 2023 (1st if Flames reach the Conference Finals in '22 or '23 and Eichel plays at least 50% of playoff games)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Calgary might have to settle for a package type of trade, that involves picks and prospects plus a lesser level player instead Tkachuk for other bigger name player.
They may not be available. But the Leafs are likely looking for a big move.

Bond

May 10, 2012

Or they just keep him. Lots of faith in SOB.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Here's the recap of the conversation from a poster with good ears:

Yes, a caller phoned in asking if Seattle or some other team would take Tarasenko as he's not effective anymore and his attitude isn't the best. O'Brien replied that he was hearing "rumblings" and a rumor that Tkachuk wants to go home and play in STL and that a trade that includes Tarasenko + someone else is in the works. It was around 5:15 of the Powerplay today. Kouleas was almost speechless. O'Brien said he has heard it numerous times from other players..sounded confident.

@Artanis or a Mod, might be worth adding to Post #1.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
shitty return for Calgary if it's for any of those guys. Don't @ me with Marners stats.
Yes 67 points in 55 games is completely irrelevant you're right! 90+ point pace for 3 seasons now. He's also a top penalty killer. You're right though he's definitely not worth playoff monster Tkachuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad