Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

Ledge And Dairy

Again ,I cant see it ...But all I can do is hope for the best as I dont want the Flames or their fanbase go through more so/so teams that have been iced over the last little while
Outside fans may think that Calgary should rebuild but they definitely won't. Flames drastically underperformed this year, their #1 center played with a messed up hip for 35 of his 50 games, not to mention him and Johnny played almost the entire season at 4v5 since the 3rd guy on their line was an AHL plug. They had the lowest paid coach in the league to start the year (for good reason) and when they swapped to Sutter it took time for him to implement his system. Flames have already gone out and completely reworked their coaching staff for next year, bringing in a renowned guy like Kirk Muller too. They also have over 10M locked up in 2 30+ players signed long term that they brought in last year, their starting goalie being one of them. Calgary is also in the process of paying for a new arena for the 2025 season, blowing it up would drastically hurt the teams income and may result in a cancellation of that project. All things considered there is just no way the Flames rebuild at this point in time even if nothing major changes on the roster this summer.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Funny thing is it was SJ pick that got him for us ,our turned out to be 5th lol we suck

Haha, last time we had a "high" pick that was someone else's, it dropped to 10th (not lottery, just the team going on a random winning streak if I remember right). I was hoping it would go Ducks/San Jose/Ottawa last year. But, Ducks pick drops every year without fail.

Reactions: topshelf15

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
What are Calgary's need, in case where Tkachuck would want to go?

Obviously would want him on the Habs, depending of the price

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
The biggest knock on the Flames every year is they don't have a legitmate 1c, Calgary was by all metrics a top 10 team in the league after Sutter fully implemented his system (last ~15 games), yes its a small sample size I know. Adding Eichel (if healthy) would definitely make them a playoff team and potentially a contender
Yes I agree . IF they keep the current roster and add Eichel lol. Only little thing is that who are they subtracting from the roster to get Eichel?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Haha, last time we had a "high" pick that was someone else's, it dropped to 10th (not lottery, just the team going on a random winning streak if I remember right). I was hoping it would go Ducks/San Jose/Ottawa last year. But, Ducks pick drops every year without fail.
It has to be fixed ...lol

Reactions: lwvs84

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lots of overpays in this thread for Tkachuk. He’s overrated. Whoever gets him will be disappointed.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Outside fans may think that Calgary should rebuild but they definitely won't. Flames drastically underperformed this year, their #1 center played with a messed up hip for 35 of his 50 games, not to mention him and Johnny played almost the entire season at 4v5 since the 3rd guy on their line was an AHL plug. They had the lowest paid coach in the league to start the year (for good reason) and when they swapped to Sutter it took time for him to implement his system. Flames have already gone out and completely reworked their coaching staff for next year, bringing in a renowned guy like Kirk Muller too. They also have over 10M locked up in 2 30+ players signed long term that they brought in last year, their starting goalie being one of them. Calgary is also in the process of paying for a new arena for the 2025 season, blowing it up would drastically hurt the teams income and may result in a cancellation of that project. All things considered there is just no way the Flames rebuild at this point in time even if nothing major changes on the roster this summer.
Fair enough .as you are right Iam an outside fan and wouldnt know the entire situation...Its just you western guys are the counter for our eastern rivals when they get out of hand...And really want what is best for our allies against the Habs and Leafs lol...

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I guess,but what do Calgary fans want???Try and cobble together another playoff team and hope for a run ,or do the rebuild right and gain a consistent playoff threat that can last years...I love the Flames and western Canada and will move there if u guys separate lol
Lol. I'm for Sask and AB doing their own thing too.

I can only speak for myself. I want a full rebuild. If we went that route I'd trade anyone not named Mangiapane, Dube, Andersson or Hanifin from the active roster. That said, I know we won't do that so I guess I want to move the LW that has the most value and that's Tkachuk. Monahan is expendable, but I don't think he brings back much with his 5 surgeries in the last 2 years so I'd hang onto him and hope he regains some value.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Draft floor:

Ottawa - Draisaitl
Edmonton - B.Tkachuk + M.Tkachuk + 42nd
Calgary - C. Brown + 20th

Ottawa - German duo rampage on the league
Edmonton - Tkachuks wreck havoc and make Edm fun again.
Calgary - Tkachuk is a loss, but he soured on this team/fanbase...Brown is a lunch pail producer and gives scouts another selection, in a otherwise hard to gage draft; that we'll look back at the teams (scouts) that were able to rank properly with limited viewing.

I'm also just bored and wanted to do a blockbuster

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol. I'm for Sask and AB doing their own thing too.

I can only speak for myself. I want a full rebuild. If we went that route I'd trade anyone not named Mangiapane, Dube, Andersson or Hanifin from the active roster. That said, I know we won't do that so I guess I want to move the LW that has the most value and that's Tkachuk. Monahan is expendable, but I don't think he brings back much with his 5 surgeries in the last 2 years so I'd hang onto him and hope he regains some value.
Oh please let this happen I am in the West almost weekly ,I run mail on a dedicated through there all the time,the east seems to have forgotten who has buttered their bread

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I agree in that Lindholm is the player I’d most rather have of the flames forwards in trade . Mangiapaine is going to be a 30g guy or very close to it .
I just love that contract with Lindholm. He's a better player than most people realize. The kind of guy you can win with and our only legit RHS. Mangiapane is just like him except he's a winger. I just think both of their value will increase as people see more of them.

Tkachuk on the other hand is at peak value now. That's why I'd move him.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Draft floor:

Ottawa - Draisaitl

Calgary - Tkachuk is a loss, but he soured on this team/fanbase...Brown is a lunch pail producer and gives scouts another selection, in a otherwise hard to gage draft; that we'll look back at the teams (scouts) that were able to rank properly with limited viewing.

Please dont do this to us ,whatever they throw at us is gonna be big and hurt

Ledge And Dairy

Draft floor:

Ottawa - Draisaitl

Wow this is... really bad

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That's fine, Laine's 2-way game isn't that strong but improving, PLD's was very good (mind you it was under Torts), and Tkachuk has always had a solid 2-way game
Agreed on all assessments. I just think Pulju is a 2 way beast that no one really noticed yet. League will find out soon though.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Oh please let this happen I am in the West almost weekly ,I run mail on a dedicated through there all the time,the east seems to have forgotten who has buttered their bread
I have no resentment to the East. Just the majority have different values and views than people here. Population number being what they are means AB and Sask will never have a government that represents the majority here.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I have no resentment to the East. Just the majority have different values and views than people here. Population number being what they are means AB and Sask will never have a government that represents the majority here.
Well I love it out there and get along much better with u guys,the east just seems to be more about what is happening in the bigger cities rather than the rest of us

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Draft floor:

Ottawa - Draisaitl

How does this help Calgary? Awful proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad