Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The top of this draft class sure has a lot of quitters:
Laine wanted out. Got traded.
PLD wanted out. Got traded.
Pulju wanted out. Was convinced to stay and looks like he’ll be the best player of the bunch.
Tkachuk wanted out. We’ll see where it goes.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

but to get there they have to qualify him.

The process is:

1.)you have to qualify him. So you have to say. We will agree to pay you 9 million

2.) he can refuse that contract and then the team can take him to arb.

the whole point is that RFAs can’t just get demoted. They have to be offered Their salary or the team loses their rights and he becomes a ufa

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
You had me until you said Pool party would be the best of the bunch.
He was the best player in all their head to head matchups this last year if you actually watched the games. Who knows how it’ll play out in the end, but Pulju is trending up and the rest have trended down recently.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Eichel wont go to Calgary happy ,ditto for Tkachuk and Buffalo come on guys ...No offense to either city

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He was the best player in all their head to head matchups this last year if you actually watched the games. Who knows how it’ll play out in the end, but Pulju is trending up and the rest have trended down recently.

Watched about a dozen. Didn't look as good as pld prior to this year and Tkatchuk in general. He'll be good but no reason to believe that the others won't progress as much as him.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yep like us here in Ottawa the lotto balls havent been that kind to us either...I hope u guys get what you need though as we have a revenge cup to play for soon I hope

I would have loved the #3 last year, Stutzle is going to good. Hopefully there's be several finals rematches in the future :D

Reactions: topshelf15

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Watched about a dozen. Didn't look as good as pld prior to this year and Tkatchuk in general. He'll be good but no reason to believe that the others won't progress as much as him.
2 way game is a cut above all those players. PLD looked really bad this last year. Pulju probably not as good as peak Tkachuk, Laine, or PLD, but none of those players had peaks years this year, they all looked bad to mediocre while Pulju looked great.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why would Eichel not want to go to Calgary? They arent rebuilding and if they are trading for him they would probably agree to let him do the surgery
Look I dont want to bash the Flames,but even with Eichel they arent a contender,the ownership group needs to do right here and look to rebuild the team...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I would have loved the #3 last year, Stutzle is going to good. Hopefully there's be several finals rematches in the future :D
Funny thing is it was SJ pick that got him for us ,our turned out to be 5th lol we suck

Ledge And Dairy

Trending up compared to what? He literally chose not to play in the league the year prior. If JP gets more than 45 points (assuming 82 games) next year then maybe talk but as of now he isn't even remotely close to the others you mentioned

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Not hard to believe he isn't liked in the locker room. Stutzle for Tkachuk.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Trending up compared to what? He literally chose not to play in the league the year prior. If JP gets more than 45 points (assuming 82 games) next year then maybe talk but as of now he isn't even remotely close to the others you mentioned
Yet he outperformed all of them in head to head matchups and he’s just getting started. Also, I don’t think you understand how bad Laine, PLD, and Tkachuk were this last year. They had some moments over the past few years, but recent history has down arrows for all of them, and up arrows for Pulju.

I know the rest of the League doesn’t see it yet. Just saying, mark my words, Pulju can easily be better than all 3 of them. Maybe it isn’t known now, but it will be.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
O'Brien is not an insider guys, he even very clearly states "he might want out of town." This is more of an opinion than anything of actual substance.
Other fanbases have been salivating over the Tkachuk bros since they entered the league, even the slightest rumour that they ant out is more than enough for the fantasy trade proposals to start flying.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
but to get there they have to qualify him.

The process is:

1.)you have to qualify him. So you have to say. We will agree to pay you 9 million

2.) he can refuse that contract and then the team can take him to arb.

the whole point is that RFAs can’t just get demoted. They have to be offered Their salary or the team loses their rights and he becomes a ufa

Once again

Club electing for Arbitration in the first window can be made in lieu of a Qualifying Offer [CBA 12.3(a)(ii)]

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Ledge And Dairy

Look I dont want to bash the Flames,but even with Eichel they arent a contender,the ownership group needs to do right here and look to rebuild the team...
The biggest knock on the Flames every year is they don't have a legitmate 1c, Calgary was by all metrics a top 10 team in the league after Sutter fully implemented his system (last ~15 games), yes its a small sample size I know. Adding Eichel (if healthy) would definitely make them a playoff team and potentially a contender

Reactions: Rockmorton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad