Rumor: Matthew Tkachuk done with the Flames?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
To play with??Honest question Calgary should be thinking more about Shane Wright or a Connor Bedard shouldnt they???Grab some good younger players some high picks and rebuild is what should happen TBH
Yes they should. But they won't. I'm an advocate of trading Tkachuk because he has great trade value. Moving Monahan or Gaudreau for peanuts does nothing for us.

That said, think pieces that will hurt and you absolutely don't want to trade if you're asking for him because 10 to 20 teams are looking for this exact type of player.

Reactions: topshelf15

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Also this seems like O’Brien just trying to drive traffic to his relatively new podcast I don’t know that he has a connection to the organization or the Tkachuk family and he’s never broken anything before

But it’s fun to speculate

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if he is actually the better fit over Eichel TBH...Zegras with a winger like him could be something special

I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the Ducks are at the point of trading away multiple high end assets. Neither Tkachuk or Eichel make the Ducks good enough to be a playoff team, but they would probably improve them enough to be out of the top 5 picks. If they were a year or two further along in their rebuild? Maybe, but the old guys are too old, the young guys are too young and it would take a key piece from the roster to get a deal done probably with either team. If they can actually get some good lottery luck for once next year, 2022 summer will be the year to go shopping for a key player.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As a Ranger fan I'd be willing to give up more for Tkachuk than Eichel. Just about anyone other than Fox (for obvious reasons) and Panarin is on the table.
As a devils fan I really really wish you were the Rangers GM then lol. Tkachuk is a very good player but not even close to Eichel . Tkachuk and his play style is not going to age well . He already lacks in foot speed . I wouldn’t give up tons of sssets on a player that dues not drive play in his line or make his teammates better like Eichel does . Ask Skinner and his bank account how good Eichel is

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah if you want to shake things up you keep Tkachuk/Lindholm and move on from Monahan/Gaudreau. I agree
It's a question of value. Tkachuk gets you more than Gaudreau and Monahan combined. The 2 guys I wouldn't move are Lindholm and Mangiapane.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
More about age and contract status but yes Tkachuk has more value

if Johnny wants to stay he’s still our most valuable asset IMO. Guy will just keep putting up points year after year, too skilled not to.

I agree Tkachuk has more trade value though likely.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
How do people always come to this conclusion.

He doesn't have to be signed for 9 million. He has to be qualified for 9 million.

If he just signs a contract, it can be for any amount.

yes but he has to agree to that or just take a 1 year 9 million

he would have to agree to take less. So he picks his spot.

Why would he agree to take less?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yes they should. But they won't. I'm an advocate of trading Tkachuk because he has great trade value. Moving Monahan or Gaudreau for peanuts does nothing for us.

That said, think pieces that will hurt and you absolutely don't want to trade if you're asking for him because 10 to 20 teams are looking for this exact type of player.
As a Ottawa fan I already know the value he brings ,and as much as it would be cool Ottawa wont be in the running...The ask starts with Stu and rightfully so,but having already one the another would be just too much of the same thing...I hope Calgary does the right thing here and gets a boatload of picks and good youth and stops chasing rainbows

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
As a devils fan I really really wish you were the Rangers GM then lol. Tkachuk is a very good player but not even close to Eichel . Tkachuk and his play style is not going to age well . He already lacks in foot speed . I wouldn’t give up tons of sssets on a player that dues not drive play in his line or make his teammates better like Eichel does . Ask Skinner and his bank account how good Eichel is

I mean I'd need to see Eichel on the ice playing for a trade to be back on the table, Tkachuk is everything the Rangers lack.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I may be completely wrong, but I don't think the Ducks are at the point of trading away multiple high end assets. Neither Tkachuk or Eichel make the Ducks good enough to be a playoff team, but they would probably improve them enough to be out of the top 5 picks. If they were a year or two further along in their rebuild? Maybe, but the old guys are too old, the young guys are too young and it would take a key piece from the roster to get a deal done probably with either team. If they can actually get some good lottery luck for once next year, 2022 summer will be the year to go shopping for a key player.
Yeah think its the right move for them,grab a solid top 9 or two with little term and just keep developing ...The bigger pieces should come later

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Rangers- tkachuk and monahan
Flames - buch strome, zach jones alex georgiev 1st this year and 3rd next year
Here take all our spare parts for 2 30 goal scorers.

That said, I like Buchnevich. No interest in any of the others. Miller moves the needle. Interested in some of your younger forwards too.

Reactions: Devonator

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Keep it simple, build something around Eichel for him and Monahan. Throwing Olofsson as just an example.

Calgary
Gaudreau - Eichel - Dube
? - Lindholm - Oloffson

As a top 6

Vs

Buffalo
Skinner - Monahan - Tkatchuk
? - Cozens - Reinhart

It works for both in theory. Neither would be great teams but as far as lateral moves for teams that think they are one or two moves away, it works for what they think they need.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I hope that he goes to Anaheim. They should be all over this just to troll Doughty.

Drew-Doughty-6-500x330.jpg

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
As a Ottawa fan I already know the value he brings ,and as much as it would be cool Ottawa wont be in the running...The ask starts with Stu and rightfully so,but having already one the another would be just too much of the same thing...I hope Calgary does the right thing here and gets a boatload of picks and good youth and stops chasing rainbows
I don't think they will rebuild with this owner. They might be able to make a couple of changes and sneak into the playoffs, but they just don't have the pieces to be a contender.

Of course neither does Montreal and look at them go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad