Matt Read - WOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Is Philly drunk? Signing this guy who is unproven and a midget to a 3 yr one-way deal at avg $900,000K is absolutely absurd and a terrible move by the GM. This joke of over-paying for college free agents is hilarious!! Team scouting departments should be fired for this. The anomaly that Martin St. Louis, Ed Belfour, Adam Oates and more recent Chris Kunitz have been are extreme examples and if a player isn't drafted and noticed early in their career in this age of technology, then hes not worth the crazy deal. Tyler Bozak and Matt Gilroy were seen as immediate saviors and have been busts SO FAR!! All teams are doing is making their AHL team a lot stronger (hopefully) and producing 4th line NHL'ers at best. With phillys strong prospect group and signing this midget to a 3 year one-way deal will create more headaches than anything else. Absolutely flabbergasted!!! Holmgren is a moron....get a goalie already!! Bridesmade again is all I can say!

Read sits 2nd on the team in scoring. I thought they had a goalie...or two.

Last edited:

Eamonn*

Didn't he just get 4 points? Didn't Bob McKenzie say he was winning the Calder?

Btw Bozak hasn't really been a bust.. he was rushed into a number one center spot which didn't work well for his development. New season and he is expected to be the number 3 center, although Connolly got hurt so hes on the same line as last year, he looks much much better.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
I have to admit he has been better than advertised. Lavi has him playing in all situations and he does not look out of place, No Calder predictions from this fan. But man oh man he is looking good early on. He is not a slight kid either for his size and can he fly. Nice pick up by Paul Holmgren.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i love how because he's 25 he can't improve and isnt NHL worthy to the OP.

This guy is noticeable in every game he plays, you dont have to be all skill or physical to play in the NHL.

This guy has the intensity and tempo to play a decent bottom 6 roll in the NHL, 900k for a player you can slot in your bottom 6 is great value.

BC Ben

Mar 26, 2010
True North
Opening weekend of my dynasty league's free agency and I grabbed Read... This is a deep league, some 30 teams with rosters of 46 players, so to get a player of Read's quality is really something.

I loved this kid in the NCAA and felt there was something there - a maturity to play the game well... He has proven himself very well at this time.

Glad I didn't listen to the OP when I was scouting Read before the FA draft!

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express

Sorry not a philly homer,

Thats a stupid play, what if Dags got hurt on that play, or if Read got kicked in the face with a skate. I think the tone of these comments would be a little different.

If Backes would have done that to Giroux, Philly would be calling for his head. Its only funny when it isn't a player on your own team I guess.

Just imagine if that was Lucic? Boy this place would have exploded.

Anyway, he's been a great find for Philly and hope for his continues success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad