GDT: WCQF Vancouver at Predators, Joshua Tree vs The Cult. Friday, April 26, 4:30 PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
In my opinion, I think it is somewhat plausible for us to return with 2-2, and a much more likely chance of us end up with 3-1. Then either we drop it at home, or we lose the series in Nashville.

Pessimistic? Yes. I've never been one to indulge that glass half full instagram good vibes bullshit. But I've been wrong before, here's hoping that I'll be erroneous again.

Only reason I've not written them off 100%, is that the team has shown much more tenacity and ferocity in the face of adversity than before. In the Reign of Error, the team would blow any lead and fold on themselves with a stiff breeze.

The most Canuck thing to do would be to win big tonight to get all our hopes up again then lose game 4.

afrocentric

Apr 29, 2010
The most Canuck thing to do would be to win big tonight to get all our hopes up again then lose game 4.

At least we technically gain home ice back?

Silver lining.

But I agree it would be the most Canuck thing ever.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Well, we do have to at least get a split here. It might feel even better than going up 2-0 at home and then losing 2 straight.

I think the better strategy though is to just sweep the rest of the playoffs.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Jeebus christopher, this is a game day thread for a playoff game?? All this self loathing and gnashing off teeth over a few broken windows over a decade ago? All this doom and gloom over a 1-1 series start where we've been the better team in both games.

Gotta say, pretty sad and pathetic level of support for the team on here lately. Save the post mordum until we are dead.

Get your fanatic hats on and send positive vibes to the boys. To give some perspective, I suffered a heart attack on Sunday a couple hours before puck drop (didn't get to watch the game). Watched game 2 in the cardiac ward on a frigging analog TV that I could barely see the puck. The humanity!

Now I come on here to get pumped (not too pumped) for GM3, the first game I will really get to watch (as much as watching sober is "really" watching) and it feels like half the HFVan fanbase has quit on the team. Being a fan is easy, especially in the playoffs: blind passion and endless hope until the final whistle of loss #4. I know it's been a while since we've been in this position, but we're about 3 hours from game time.

Time to believe or GTFO.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Jeebus christopher, this is a game day thread for a playoff game?? All this self loathing and gnashing off teeth over a few broken windows over a decade ago? All this doom and gloom over a 1-1 series start where we've been the better team in both games.

Gotta say, pretty sad and pathetic level of support for the team on here lately. Save the post mordum until we are dead.

Get your fanatic hats on and send positive vibes to the boys. To give some perspective, I suffered a heart attack on Sunday a couple hours before puck drop (didn't get to watch the game). Watched game 2 in the cardiac ward on a frigging analog TV that I could barely see the puck. The humanity!

Now I come on here to get pumped (not too pumped) for GM3, the first game I will really get to watch (as much as watching sober is "really" watching) and it feels like half the HFVan fanbase has quit on the team. Being a fan is easy, especially in the playoffs: blind passion and endless hope until the final whistle of loss #4. I know it's been a while since we've been in this position, but we're about 3 hours from game time.

Time to believe or GTFO.
1714163217728.png

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
2011 2nd round of the playoffs, Canucks win game 1 then lose game 2 at home. Game 3 in Nashville...

And ends with

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I left downtown early in the first period of game 7 in 2011. It was obvious that there was going to be a riot - there were more hoods in their twenties with alcohol than there were actual fans. And the police totally ignored the failure of '94 and the success of the 2010 Olympics, making the riot in 2011 a sure thing.

I was not expecting 1994. There were more fans, more so after the win in game 6. Game 7 was a wierd vibe, I made the call to 911 for the guy who fell from the wire. Came close to being crushed when that happened, he landed at my feet and everyone crowded in to see. Couldn't see the bike cop that got separated, thought the tear gas started before bottles got thrown but could be wrong about that. I think if that bike cop hadn't been cut off by the crowd, the riot may not have happened. Otoh, one thrown bottle could have started it. Didn't feel like it though. Didn't feel anything like the lead up to 2011.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It's a 1-1 in a toss-up series, the people acting like this series is over are wild. Even if they lose today, I could still see them winning this series in 7.
Demko's injury is just hugely deflating and seems prototypically Canuck. And the hope that DeSmith could ride in and save the day was depressed with the very first shot of game 2.

I think spirits could rise again with a solid Game 3 performance, but I fully understand the angst.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Demko's injury is just hugely deflating and seems prototypically Canuck. And the hope that DeSmith could ride in and save the day was depressed with the very first shot of game 2.

I think spirits could rise again with a solid Game 3 performance, but I fully understand the angst.
It's deflating for sure, especially big picture this year, like I went from having real hope that if things went right this team could make a run to now just being pretty happy/satisfied if they win R1. But for this series specifically, people who have lost all hope are taking this way too hard, I really don't get it.

Still a very winnable series

Reactions: racerjoe and ziploc

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's deflating for sure, especially big picture this year, like I went from having real hope that if things went right this team could make a run to now just being pretty happy/satisfied if they win R1. But for this series specifically, people who have lost all hope are taking this way too hard, I really don't get it.

We dominated them in game 2, possession-wise. As frustrating as it was, Nashvilles played 1 good period so far. Should not have to worry, keyword is should.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

Yes, this series is winnable.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Being away from the hometown pressure might help. Hoping the guys show some relaxed intensity tonight.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It's a 1-1 in a toss-up series, the people acting like this series is over are wild. Even if they lose today, I could still see them winning this series in 7.

It's hilarious. I doubt many Canucks fans predicted a sweep, which means they expected a loss or two, and then it happens and it's instantly panic mode.

Now if you were someone who thought the series was over the moment that Demko's injury was revealed, sure. But nothing that happened in game 2 should really make you change your mind if you had the Canucks in 5, 6 or 7 games to begin with.

Reactions: racerjoe and Vector

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Time to believe or GTFO.
It was a pretty important discussion honestly lol

But I do agree, let’s get back on topic and talk about how we’re going to absolutely shit kick Nashville today

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Being away from the hometown pressure might help. Hoping the guys show some relaxed intensity tonight.
From what I’ve heard..Bridgestone Arena is one of the loudest,raucous in the league..

They are going to have to weather the onslaught at the beginning.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
DeSmith in the regular season with a losing record vs playoff teams gives you optimism? lol

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
DeSmith in the regular season with a losing record vs playoff teams gives you optimism? lol
Not at all, but I don’t think it’s hopeless. For fans who think the Preds are a near lock to win this series, maybe go bet on it because all the bookies will give you toss up odds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad