Injury Report: Matt Hunwick Shut Down For Season - Sports Hernia - Surgery Required

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
godfather_lou-1040x572.jpg

Can you do one with lou as a jedi doing the mind trick? "You have a season ending injury."

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I think Babcock really like Hunwicks preparation and compete, and is using him as an example that those two attributes get rewarded. Nothing wrong with that IMO.

I see this being our lines next season:
Rielly-
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Carrick
Marincin (if what Babcock said today had any truth)

Leafs trade for a top 2 D or sign a top 4 D to play with Rielly.

Edit: I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Leafs package Gardiner with some prospects to get a better quality asset in return as well.

I would rather put one of Zaitsev or Carrick up there beside Rielly, put the other one with Gardiner and not even care about the final pairing. Hunwick and Marincin will be garbage anyways. We could probably shelter guys like Percy and Loov on the third pairing and do even better than we would with Marincin and Hunwick.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Well I guess folks don't realise we have team Canada's coach

it's not like he knows anything or the likes.:sarcasm:

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of marincin yet, but he has improved since he's arrived.
I'm also sure if the pairing doesn't work out coach will adjust as needed, he is an ok coach! Haha

siddy

Oct 26, 2010
Hopefully Hunwick never sees top pairing time again after this year.

He would make one good defensive play, then turn around and forget to take his man the next minute. It was brutal watching Rielly get hung out to dry by this guy over and over.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I won't complain about much that Babcock does....but Marincin on the top pair? Jesus Christ man....what are you thinking???

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Wait a minute for the poster who tries to tell you it's a good idea and try to give a reason. It's coming. :help:

Lol...i remember the GDT a couple of games ago...a poster criticized me for bashing Marincin...right before his tape to tape give away for the winning goal against...:laugh:

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Statistically marincin is only behind gardiner in shot suppression.

Corsi Events Against per 60 minutes, 5v5:
Marincin: 48.3
Gardiner: 52.6
Rielly: 59
Hunwick: 61.6

Yes, the Leafs let 27% more shot attempts when Hunwick is on the ice vs Marincin.

Further, Marincin is basically even +/- (-1) on a team that has a -38 goal differential.

Whatever the critics see in Marincin, he's awfully "lucky" with defensive statistics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad