Player Discussion Matt Grzelcyk

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He passed something because he's skating in a no contact jersey at practice

This means the team's physician has determined he is symptom free. He still has to be examined by a Neuropsychologist once he's done skating. If he passes those tests, the Neuropsychologist can clear him to play.

But since he's skating, at least the team physician has found him to be symptom free.

If anyone wants to read the 7 pages regarding concussion protocol:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/282574512/binary-file/file.pdf

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Soooo the kid's playing?! That's good news. Brave and a bit risky, but it IS the cup final. Who would want to miss that?

I imagine Chara would want to play even if he was told he would have to have his jaw removed

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This means the team's physician has determined he is symptom free. He still has to be examined by a Neuropsychologist once he's done skating. If he passes those tests, the Neuropsychologist can clear him to play.

But since he's skating, at least the team physician has found him to be symptom free.

If anyone wants to read the 7 pages regarding concussion protocol:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/282574512/binary-file/file.pdf

My understanding is they want to see how his body reacts to skating ( balance etc ) - He will be tested tomorrow before practice and then they will decide.

MGH will go by the book - as they should

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
My understanding is they want to see how his body reacts to skating ( balance etc ) - He will be tested tomorrow before practice and then they will decide.

MGH will go by the book - as they should

My understanding is that for the physician to clear him to skate (even non-contact) his symptoms must have subsided. Once the "exertion" is completed (the skating) and the physician declares him symptom free, only the Neuropsychologist can clear him for full practice and then to play.

And as you said, that will happen tomorrow as things could change over night.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
So are these guys credible ? I assume this hasn’t actually been confirmed? I can’t understand why these idiots get airtime making up shit like this, so unprofessional.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
watching hockey central on sports net... grezlyck sent a text to them... it was worded hes ready to play if he can get cleared

not sure if these other sources are taking credit for watching the show before I did but he didnt exactly say hes playing. he just claimed hes ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad