Player Discussion Matt Boldy

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
I was thinking I'd be ecstatic if he ended up as a 60-pt Rantanen lite, but it's getting harder by the game to stay that grounded.

Was hoping for the same thing but it seems every passing game I am raising my expectations. I don't want to get too carried away but hard not to see the sky high potential, he is already dangerous and you just start to imagine him with more experience and a better center.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Dumba or Fiala it is. Can we get rid of Spurgeon? I’d say Zucc but then we run into the same problem.

I think next season we’re looking at

Kap - Rossi - Zucc
Greenway-Ek-Foligno
Boldy - Hartman - Beckman

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumba or Fiala it is. Can we get rid of Spurgeon? I’d say Zucc but then we run into the same problem.

I think next season we’re looking at

Kap - Rossi - Zucc
Greenway-Ek-Foligno
Boldy - Hartman - Beckman

That 3rd line just makes me think of the trash lines Fiala had to play with last season.

Short of a buyout, there isn't any reasonable way to move Spurgeon (full NTC until the 24-25 season).

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
That 3rd line just makes me think of the trash lines Fiala had to play with last season.

Short of a buyout, there isn't any reasonable way to move Spurgeon (full NTC until the 24-25 season).

I mean it’s a step up from Gaudreau and Rask. It’s playing with legit 3rd liners versus playing with borderline NHL players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kap - X - Zucc
Boldy - Rossi - X
GREEF

When Zucc is done you merge lines 1 and 2 and hope you’ve got reinforcements on they way.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Kap - X - Zucc
Boldy - Rossi - X
GREEF

When Zucc is done you merge lines 1 and 2 and hope you’ve got reinforcements on they way.
Khusnutz, Beckman, etc.

But, one must remember that at some point there is 14M available all of a sudden for an FA or 2.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Lots of fun Wild related tidbits in this Athletic article, but here is Dom’s player card for Boldy through 9 games.

upload_2022-2-2_14-21-35.png

16 Stats: Devils goaltending, Mason Marchment's big game, most and least improved players

Reactions: TheSauceBoss

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Khusnutz, Beckman, etc.

But, one must remember that at some point there is 14M available all of a sudden for an FA or 2.
For next year, Guerin could hardball Fiala into a 1-year deal under the cap. Then that winger spot becomes:

22/23: Fiala
23/24: Beckman
24/25 Khusnutdinov (if Beckman doesn't work out)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad