Player Discussion Matt Boldy

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Waiting for the alternate jerseys to come out next season to see if they're any good. He's my next jersey though for sure.

Reactions: Blue Ox and TaLoN

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Before I go all clicky with that, is it a good enough interview to overcome having to grit my teeth and tolerate PA for almost 14 minutes?
Only if you think soft questions and canned answers is worth listening to.
I did because I was doing dishes.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Only if you think soft questions and canned answers is worth listening to.
I did because I was doing dishes.

I stopped doing this, but in my work van in the morning I would leave KFAN on after the Power Trip. I'd more or less see how long I could tolerate PA's show. It never lasted more than about 15-20 minutes before I'd get irritated enough to switch to something else. If he's not on it, it's actually pretty listenable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy is definitely ready for the NHL. It will be a crime if he is sent back down.
What will become evident about Boldy is that he is also very smart- like Zuccarello level smart. He will get better as he adjusts, and grows stronger. In a weird way, he reminds of a very young Brodin. Calm under pressure.

Reactions: Drewcifer

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
I think Fiala's attitude has given Boldy a chance to force his way onto the team. Really confusing.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I think the fact that Boldy is clearly already better than half the forwards on this team makes a pretty good case that he should stay up. Even when everybody is healthy he is still better than whatever mook is playing with Fiala this week.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think Fiala's attitude has given Boldy a chance to force his way onto the team. Really confusing.

Boldy and Fiala are separate things. Boldy isn't going to push Fiala out of the lineup. Boldy being better than Pitlick/Bjugstad is what is going to keep him in the lineup. That's the lineup spot he's taking.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
What will become evident about Boldy is that he is also very smart- like Zuccarello level smart. He will get better as he adjusts, and grows stronger. In a weird way, he reminds of a very young Brodin. Calm under pressure.
He's got the hockey IQ of Granlund... in a MUCH more physically gifted body.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy and Fiala are separate things. Boldy isn't going to push Fiala out of the lineup. Boldy being better than Pitlick/Bjugstad is what is going to keep him in the lineup. That's the lineup spot he's taking.
Exactly....it's not Fiala that Boldy will be supplanting, but the players you mentioned, and perhaps Greenway. Dewar has also served notice that he is a responsible bottom six player with some speed who can play C. He hasn't shown it yet, but he's got some skill, too. He's a hair bigger than Rossi, but two years older. You can see what a difference that makes in terms of strength and experience. Rossi just needs a bit more time and he'll be a top 6 C.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00