Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
How's he doing lately? I don't get to follow the games, so I only notice his absence on the score sheet. Is he as invisible as that?

His overall game has improved, and he is getting shots, but is still waiting for a flow to manifest on the score sheet

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
At least he got an assist last night, personally I thought he was one of the better Rangers players on the ice yesterday.

He had a couple saucerpasses that at least Nash fumbled once

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
At least he got an assist last night, personally I thought he was one of the better Rangers players on the ice yesterday.

He had a couple saucerpasses that at least Nash fumbled once

his motor was in high gear, for sure. He was first or second into the play on just about every forecheck of his shifts. Was refreshing to watch

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Points or no points he has been one of the better Rangers forwards the last 10 games. Even other teams announcers and fans have brought him up. He has had some bad puck luck for sure but now he is stickhandling more, and skating better. The points will come. As bad as his puck luck has been he still has around 7 points in his last 10 games or so.

Open Mind

Nov 14, 2014
How's he doing lately? I don't get to follow the games, so I only notice his absence on the score sheet. Is he as invisible as that?

He's one guy, if he's ever invisible, I chalk it up to him not being 100 percent or his usual slow starts. Otherwise, he's one of the best players and hardest workers on the team imho.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Points or no points he has been one of the better Rangers forwards the last 10 games. Even other teams announcers and fans have brought him up. He has had some bad puck luck for sure but now he is stickhandling more, and skating better. The points will come. As bad as his puck luck has been he still has around 7 points in his last 10 games or so.

Ive noticed that he's been really good at carrying the puck into the zone during the PP lately, he comes in at full tilt and retains possession after crossing the line

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Besides the hustle and puck possession abilities of Zuccs.

I love how he pick pockets other players from behind in open ice as well as digging pucks out of board battles. I can't count how many times he's done both and generated a scoring chance from it.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Ive noticed that he's been really good at carrying the puck into the zone during the PP lately, he comes in at full tilt and retains possession after crossing the line

You are not the only one that has noticed that. If I was the coach I would encourage him to do more and more of that especially when we are having a hard time passing the puck over the blue line.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York

You are not the only one that has noticed that. If I was the coach I would encourage him to do more and more of that especially when we are having a hard time passing the puck over the blue line.
It rocks. We've come a long from literally having people play Benny Hill over videos of the powerplay

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
So do you guys think he's gonna start getting some points ? I picked him in my fantasy team... Not
A good pick so far

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
So do you guys think he's gonna start getting some points ? I picked him in my fantasy team... Not
A good pick so far

Something feels off of his game this year, the passing we're used to isnt quite there.

The second period today should have netted him at least 1 or 2 points, just a lot of bad puck luck from the people who finish. Im confident it'll come

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Something feels off of his game this year, the passing we're used to isnt quite there.

The second period today should have netted him at least 1 or 2 points, just a lot of bad puck luck from the people who finish. Im confident it'll come

Yeah, he had some great passes in the end of 2nd period for sure, and I'm certain he will bounce back stronger.
He has a slow start just like Ryan Mc. even though he got an assist today and had a strong game - he is not there yet in playoffs conditions.
I don't play fantasy hockey or soccer - it only looks on pts. and not overall performance. It's a team play in the end, and I felt that Zucc was okay - nothing special, but I'm positive he will contribute more in near future. :)

Last edited:

richardsequalscup*

Honestly, as long as the team makes the playoffs, I wouldn't mind him having a 40 point season. It will keep his asking price down next year on this contract. Maybe they get him for 4 y, 15 million.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He set up a bunch of slam dunk plays yesterday where various forwards couldn't finish.

Agreed.

Zuccarello isn't performing poorly, he just isn't having puck luck on point totals. He has also earned the benefit of the doubt because he's been a great possession player ever since he stepped into the NHL. This year it hasn't changed, either.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
If they had to chose either or, I hope Zucc is chosen over MSL.

I don't think it will come down to that choice. I can see MZA have his contracts talk re-engage after the 1st of the year. I think with MSL it will be one year contact extensions to continue to play here(cap friendly also)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Depends on what Zuccarello is looking for. What if he goes crazy and demands $6M per? I'm not giving him that. Now, based on his past contract history and how he has been pretty team-friendly, I seriously doubt that will happen. You never know, though.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Depends on what Zuccarello is looking for. What if he goes crazy and demands $6M per? I'm not giving him that. Now, based on his past contract history and how he has been pretty team-friendly, I seriously doubt that will happen. You never know, though.

I just can't see him asking for that, but like you said, you never know

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Thought some of his passes the other night were exquisite. It's a shame that he's putting those passes to Brass and Moore rather than Nash, but I presume they'll gel, and Mats might do a Sidney with 4a in one night. Obviously without the lovesong from Crosby's fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad