Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
Cally didnt want discounted salary. Nor should he, he isn't a 6m per player but if someone pays it then good for him. Zucc is a diff player, to me he is the better player yet is being offered 1m less then what cally was offered. I don't want to lose any of them but zucc especially. Great motor,heart,vision and is just fun as hell to watch.

Bend the rules, pay the kid under the table with a fat bonus. Kid won't tell he is loyal. Just sign the fkn kid glen!

Yeah because its so easy to bend the rules and violate the CBA. You know there are 29 other teams in the NHL plus, you know, the league watching to make sure that doesn't happen. Some of you guys amaze me with your outlandish ideas.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I can't believe this team gives Glass that contract but is having hardball with Zucc. Though remember last year reports said we almost made a deal with Callahan but his agent was being greedy. Plus you know we were able to get a HOFer in that deal. I doubt Zucc will play hardball like Cally.

CaptainMcD

Jan 30, 2012
I can't believe this team gives Glass that contract but is having hardball with Zucc. Though remember last year reports said we almost made a deal with Callahan but his agent was being greedy. Plus you know we were able to get a HOFer in that deal. I doubt Zucc will play hardball like Cally.

Why wouldn't Zucc play hardball? I understand playing for NY and a contender but still if you look at Cally's contract and Pouliot's contract and see guys who are worse than you making good money, why would you give a discount? This is a business. Its nice to think that guys give discounts but in practice that rarely happens for a player, especially one who is entering his prime. My prediction: Zucc won't be a Ranger next season and will get 6+ on the open market. Some Edmonton or Buffalo team will severely overpay him.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Why wouldn't Zucc play hardball? I understand playing for NY and a contender but still if you look at Cally's contract and Pouliot's contract and see guys who are worse than you making good money, why would you give a discount? This is a business. Its nice to think that guys give discounts but in practice that rarely happens for a player, especially one who is entering his prime. My prediction: Zucc won't be a Ranger next season and will get 6+ on the open market. Some Edmonton or Buffalo team will severely overpay him.

I'd like to think that Zucc has more common sense than going to teams that wont see Stanley Cup playoffs for some time for a bit extra money

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Because, didn't he already take less money before? I don't know he seems to be the type that's not only driven by money. Not everyone in the world wants to make every last buck.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Yeah because its so easy to bend the rules and violate the CBA. You know there are 29 other teams in the NHL plus, you know, the league watching to make sure that doesn't happen. Some of you guys amaze me with your outlandish ideas.

Your right, I don't know where I'd get the idea that there is cheating in professional sports.....

Hyperbole=lighten up mcfly

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Bend the rules, pay the kid under the table with a fat bonus. Kid won't tell he is loyal. Just sign the fkn kid glen!

What, no way man. You can't bend the rules like that, can't give him anything like that.

Rangers need to do the right thing and build a mansion in Norway for the new head scout of Nordic hockey. Zuccarello's mother should then be hired as the scout with a $1M/year salary because she knows hockey. Just make sure she sends an email every month about what she's seen on the TV highlights and we're all good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad