4 points in 8 games.
Last year; 1 point in 8, and 6 in 12.

Should be possible to get some more in 4 games :naughty:

anofsti

May 14, 2011
4 points in 8 games.
Last year; 1 point in 8, and 6 in 12.

Should be possible to get some more in 4 games :naughty:

If he has four times the point total now, that means he'll finish with 236 points this season right?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Zuccarello makes it light

No player has more fun at practice than Mats Zuccarello. On Friday, Derek Stepan was at center ice doing stickhandling drills using an orange cone that Zuccarello shot pucks at until he knocked it away. Then he slid pucks 180 feet through traffic toward the goal that Cam Talbot was guarding. Finally, when he scored one-on-one against Henrik Lundqvist, he skated away and joyously jammed his stick like a sword into an imaginary sheath at his hip.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...wick-gets-his-shot-with-the-rangers-1.9574934

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
I know Zucc took a beating last game, but this injury emergence seems a bit sudden.

Rangers are in desperate need of defensive help at the moment.
Could there be a trade looming?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I know Zucc took a beating last game, but this injury emergence seems a bit sudden.

Rangers are in desperate need of defensive help at the moment.
Could there be a trade looming?

Don't see why there would be. Stepan is due back any game and Boyle should be back shortly thereafter. And unless there has been new information Klein is not expected to miss a great deal of time, no?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
11 games in and zuke has been injured and on the sidelines for 2 of them..

How long before he's labeled injury prone ?

Should he change his style or should we "protect" him better out there ?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

He should stop being unlucky. Its a massive contact sport, going without injuries is so hilariously rare its not even worth debating.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010

Nah he is fine just gotta deal with the bumps and bruises, if Fleury could survive being the pest he was in the era he played in then I am sure Zooks can survive too. If he reverts back to a pure finesse game like we saw when he first entered the league he will not be very effective and will be more prone to get hit very hard dipsy doodling around.

One of the most important things I learned playing hockey, which I will teach my kids, is if somebody is coming to hit you then you initiate contact first and deliver a solid check. Hard to get wrecked if you are throwing your weight around as well. Zooks does what he needs to do to survive, he gets gritty and physical because if he didn't he would be in a hospital bed. He doesn't need extra protection, injuries are unavoidable sometimes in a fast contact sport.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I wonder if he has been 100% at all in any games this year. Maybe he needs this break to get back into shape. I also am surprised that he completed the game against Jets with a pulled groin. Everybody that has experience pulled muscles, and especially pulled groin, KNOWs what is going on. You could see that he early in the game struggled to get of the ice several times, and also was grabbing/feeling his groin. First rule in the book when you get these injuries is to stop playing, and get ice and compression as fast as possible.

On the other hand, it can´t be too serious when he actually is able to continue playing the rest of the game.

Anyone know if he has a history with this injury?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I wonder if he has been 100% at all in any games this year. Maybe he needs this break to get back into shape. I also am surprised that he completed the game against Jets with a pulled groin. Everybody that has experience pulled muscles, and especially pulled groin, KNOWs what is going on. You could see that he early in the game struggled to get of the ice several times, and also was grabbing/feeling his groin. First rule in the book when you get these injuries is to stop playing, and get ice and compression as fast as possible.

On the other hand, it can´t be too serious when he actually is able to continue playing the rest of the game.

Anyone know if he has a history with this injury?

Muscle injuries will typically be at their worst 48 hours after the incident, so, while he absolutely should have left the game when he felt that stabbing pain, it was likely pretty unbearable the other day compared to the jets game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad