Mats Zuccarello

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupersonicMonkey*

He was good last night.

He hasn't forgotten how to pla6, just off to a slow start this season.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Its getting hilarious how "bad luck" he's having rigth now though.

Zucc-Brass-Nash played so well that AV acclaimed them "best line in a long time". -> Play another good game, get injured -> St Louis decides to catch fire and takes the slot -> has to play with Hayes, who, while being a great prospect, cant win a faceoff for the life of him and Zucc is not a great puck retriever.. except for that one he stole from Datsyuk, that was pretty sexy.

I'm willing to bet a lot of ponies that production will go up when Stepan returns

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Its getting hilarious how "bad luck" he's having rigth now though.

Zucc-Brass-Nash played so well that AV acclaimed them "best line in a long time". -> Play another good game, get injured -> St Louis decides to catch fire and takes the slot -> has to play with Hayes, who, while being a great prospect, cant win a faceoff for the life of him and Zucc is not a great puck retriever.. except for that one he stole from Datsyuk, that was pretty sexy.

I'm willing to bet a lot of ponies that production will go up when Stepan returns

really? Aside from maybe Hagelin & Kreider i'd say he's the best on the team...and he might be better than both those guys. He's a tremendous board player for a guy his size, and is really great at stripping the puck off of guys when they turn to face the boards. Id say thats one of his strongest aspects. His weakest is probably his decision making when it comes to shooting vs passing. he overpasses WAY too much...he's an incredible passer for sure..but if youre not taking shots, you remove yourself as a threat to shoot, teams start picking up on your trends, and it hurts your game.

shoot the damn puck Zucc.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Last year it took him a while to start shooting more, he'll prob get back into the habit soon enough

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Congrats with 100th point in NHL. Only 12 to go to be the most scoring norwegian.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Congrats with 100th point in NHL. Only 12 to go to be the most scoring norwegian.

That was a nice wrist shot last night. Right over the goalies shoulder from around 45 feet out.

Zooks had a lot of good puck luck last season. This season he has had a lot of bad puck luck but these things even out over time. Despite the horribly bad luck to start the season plus the injuries he is still on pace for around 19 goals-25 assists-44 points if he played 82 games. 6 points in his last 6 games is bringing him back up near respectable Zooks levels.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He needs to be re-signed and quickly. He drives whatever line he is on,

Glen, pay him his money and keep him around.

doesnt it have to be after Jan 1st or something?

im not sure why that is stuck in my head, i could be wrong, but i thought he couldnt sign till after the new year.

it wouldnt surprise me at all if they have a contract all done, just waiting to be signed.

Vickers8

Wish most of these guys had his tenacity, barked at Cindy all game and not afraid to back it up...1st one to bodycheck Malkin after he got out of the box

anofsti

May 14, 2011
I dunno. I'm kinda disappointed in how he has played lately. Sure he's good defensively, and breaks up a lot of plays before they happen. But his passing this year hasn't been what it used to be. Might be that the other teams are paying more attention than they used to - but I can't remember a single highlight reel pass from him this year.

It feels like he's done so much to improve on every other part of his game than the one thing that sets him apart.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Zuccs has been finding his game. Things have not fully come together for the team itself, as it's been a bit of a challenge with all the moving pieces and injuries so far.
He's one of my favourite Rangers and he is, and will continue to play a key role. And for those who say he does not have a good shot, I do not agree, and have not since he became a Ranger. I just wish he used it more thus displaying the fact that he can unleash a wicked wrister.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
I dunno. I'm kinda disappointed in how he has played lately. Sure he's good defensively, and breaks up a lot of plays before they happen. But his passing this year hasn't been what it used to be. Might be that the other teams are paying more attention than they used to - but I can't remember a single highlight reel pass from him this year.

It feels like he's done so much to improve on every other part of his game than the one thing that sets him apart.

The other night when he threw it right onto Dan Boyle's stick and Boyle had shortside wide open but fanned on it since it was his first game back?

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The other night when he threw it right onto Dan Boyle's stick and Boyle had shortside wide open but fanned on it since it was his first game back?

Set up Girardi's goal pretty well also.

Setup Stepan with a very nice look last night but Stepan did not get all of it on his shot with a lot of open net.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Last year every little thing he did well was noticed since it was new, this year every little thing he does is expected, and it will take something actually spectacular to get everyone fawning again.

its been a trend that it takes him a few games to warm up, 7points in 8 games is a pretty solid way to get going

anofsti

May 14, 2011
He's still a good passer, don't get me wrong. But he haven't been an exceptional passer so far this year.

And his defensive play-reading is very very good, but he seems a bit rusty with his vision in the offensive zone.

You see the same trend in his possession stats too. His corsi for and against /60 is a bit lower than previous years. Still early in the season. But if you compare it to his 2012/13 season, the difference is pretty significant.

Dagh

Dec 10, 2007
How's he doing lately? I don't get to follow the games, so I only notice his absence on the score sheet. Is he as invisible as that?

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
How's he doing lately? I don't get to follow the games, so I only notice his absence on the score sheet. Is he as invisible as that?

IMO doing ok, but not even close to last year so far. Needs to step it up to get that long term contract he is waiting for.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad