Confirmed with Link: Matheson Receives Two Game Suspension

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
For those saying Pettersson is ruined now and will never be the same... holy drama. He's out two games, maybe more, but when he gets back, I have zero doubts he'll continue the way he left off. Concussions are a concern, yes, but I think we're putting too much doubt on Pettersson here, a kid who quite consistently defies expectations every step of the way. Mind you, I'm no doctor, but it's not like you are either.

Here's hoping Matheson gets a game or two. I was telling the wife, this is what it's like being a Canucks fan. You can never have nice things.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
7-10 days out. So frustrating. A suspension, if it even happens, does absolutely nothing. Playing for two points is so stupid this year especially. Protect and support your young players at all costs.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
This must be a joke?
Pettersson is/was the clear Calder favourite through the preseason and first five regular season games, in addition to being the heavy favourite for the upcoming season all summer long. No one here is saying he was a lock to win it, but he is/was a very safe bet. This injury puts a pretty serious dent in those chances.

EP40 has 8 points in 5 games while routinely undressing forwards and D.

What does KY have?

Crawl back to whatever hole you came out of you ignorant worm.
I think the poster was just pointing out that the original poster routinely shits on the canucks, hence is more likely to be an Oiler fan

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Agreed I just don't like the make up and character of this team. We loved the 2011 team, I hate to say it because it's a cliche, but this team has no heart and fighting spirit.

Fortunately they traded for Guddy, and got 3 heart and soul players in free agency this year.

Those players sure taught Florida a lesson. They won't be pulling a stunt like that again.

Just sad.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I dont think this should be a suspension

Fine yes.
I still think some canuck players should also be fined for not even a tap on the pants to say WTF was that to matheson.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Yeah Winnipeg is pretty tight knit.

This is what I'm talking about! All the Canucks defenders after the Pettersson incident need to take a good hard look at this and re-evaluate. It's not just about what Matheson did, which was uncalled for but not egregious or anything. It's about the team's response, or lack thereof.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
"Hearing Mike Matheson did reach out to Elias Pettersson
before his hearing with the NHL this morning"

Yeah Matheson sure reached out to Pettersson on game night.;)

**** Matheson.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
what a f***ing joke f*** f*** f***

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Am I the only one who is more angry at the team than Matheson? I'm not saying Matheson did nothing wrong there, but players do a lot more egregious things. I would have honestly taken a team response over any kind of league response at all.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Such an interesting topic.

Hits to the head of players carrying a puck trying to score goals and make plays??

Think about it... honestly what stops a team from doing what Zadorov did 4-5 times a game. I mean it looked pretty clean to the upper torso No?

Soccer.........nope that's a red card
basketball......nope thats a flagrant foul
football......the only player (QB) who gets tagged while looking to make plays gets protected
baseball, tennis, golf.....lol

What is the answer? You can't legally attck a guy by fighting him? I hear fans saying they hate that a mele breaks out after every big hit and they should ban fighting in hockey, but what deterrent is there if you have a guy built like Zadorov and he loves to do what he did to Scheifele to everyones best players and the Pouliots Goldobins Erikssons and Stechers are on the ice when it happens.

IMO....what the Jets did has to happen repeatedly and guys like Matheson and Zadorov or whoever have to be made to pay the price. It's the only way to have any control over it. Matheson has to answer the bell in January and the Canucks have to atone for it. Thoughts??

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Yeah Winnipeg is pretty tight knit.

that's the difference between a team where they are building something and everyone feels a part of it, vs a team where the young players are the future and everyone is just hanging on to his career and trying to squeak out a few extra years and hopefully one more contract before being replaced.

even trouba, a player who we've wondered whether he was all in or has one foot out the door for years, gives enough of a crap to stand up for his dude. because, character aside, on winnipeg they need scheifele. in vancouver, you're just worried that pettersson, boeser, and down the line hughes is going to push the expensive/unmovable mid-tier players down the lineup and take away your icetime.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
This must be a joke?
Pettersson is/was the clear Calder favourite through the preseason and first five regular season games, in addition to being the heavy favourite for the upcoming season all summer long. No one here is saying he was a lock to win it, but he is/was a very safe bet. This injury puts a pretty serious dent in those chances.

If you disagree with my take on Pettersson, that's fine, but using a mediocre player like Yamamoto to try and make your point is quite sad. Yamamoto isn't anywhere near Pettersson's level.
I did not quote you. I believe I quoted Johnny Canucker who always seems to slag our prospects.

So if it appears to you that I did, then pass it off to the occasional weirdness of the internet. Because I agree with ( you about Yamamoto, which is why I used him for my hyperbolic example.

And for the record, at this point IMO, Elias is so clearly superior to every other rookie, it is not in question.

Reactions: pgj98m3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad