Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
What bugs me even more is that he is virtually talentless (relative to other NHL players) and injured an absolute stud. It's not 1985 anymore. Nobody wants plugs that hurt people in the show.

Reactions: Love

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
He didn't need to do him like this
200.gif

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Not only the take-down, but the Matheson stuck his stick in between EP's legs, had EP's legs in a vulnerable position, and used that leverage to take the legs out. Essentially a slewfoot using his stick.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
The original posters title is going to be what makes a mess of this, hit was not an issue but as someone said if we want concussions cut down, throwing someones head to the ice like that should be cracked down on no matter which player.

Kind of sad nobody on our team said a word about it after to matheson.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Makes me feel sick to the see the disorientation afterwards.
Definitely unnecessary roughing but on the available videos it doesn't look like he takes a big hit to the head.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Obviously nothing wring with the hit, but lifting a guy up along the boards for a bodyslam isn't a hockey play. Matheson knew he had #40 and got the result he was looking for. Piece of ****.

He never saw anything but numbers, and instead of slowing dow he accelerated into the contact. It was a REALLY bad hit, they don't come much worse.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Deserves a 5 game suspension, but of course the league will look the other way. They don't give a f*** about safety until a player starts embarrassing them like Wilson, then they might care.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
IDk how i feel about this, Seems like something you see multiple times a game, but at the same time that throw down to the ice was a bit much, but IDK if i would look at this and say "suspension worthy" but something about it strikes me as bad, and not just because he got concussed

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
WOW that Florida D clearly did that because he was embarrassed hahahaha, love when scrub hockey players have egos. f***ing pathetic. Hope Pettersson is ok, solid player.

Reactions: Iceman

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
IDk how i feel about this, Seems like something you see multiple times a game, but at the same time that throw down to the ice was a bit much, but IDK if i would look at this and say "suspension worthy" but something about it strikes me as bad, and not just because he got concussed
The hit was fine. The choke slam was not. Get that shit back to the WWE. If we weren't playing tonight I'd loan Zadorov to you guys to go out and crush Matheson every shift.

Reactions: Rolo

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Othinf wrong wit that hit. Its toughness vs weakness. He litterly lifted the guy wit a dam hand... sucks it happened but thats nothing dirty. Just a hockey hit

Reactions: YukonCornelius

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
It’s how he can opens him with his stick and simultaneously punches the face/grabs his neck (can’t see from the angle) then literally choke slams him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad