Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
The hit wasnt so bad. The slamming his head into the ice, that was the bad part.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
That's not even a bad hit, Matheson just rag dolled him.

Definitely a concussion, brutal watching his head bounce off the ice like that.

It was his follow through throwing him headfirst into the ice that was way out of line

amit916

Oct 5, 2010
Eh, the hit was perfectly routine. He didn't drive his head into the boards like OP is stating. The follow through probably deserved a roughing penalty but eh... that kind seemingly happens but it sucks that it resulted in an injury.

Though I get it, the bright spot of your year might be injured...

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Matheson just finished his check, throwing him down was in motion of the play maybe that's a roughing call.
Unfortunate that EP hit his head on the ice. I really wish he is okay but that play looked fine to me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Should of been a roughing penalty, but nothing as bad as OP makes it seem.

That said, hope EP is alright.

Reactions: Sasso09

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
wtf was that crap and right in front of the ref. How is nothing called there, roughing minimum.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Hope it's not serious but it certainly did not look good.

Don't think that's suspension worthy but should've been a roughing penalty likely.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Really not that bad unless I missed it and he didn't have the puck at all. Either way that's a minor penalty in my opinion. Hate to see the result of it though, never like seeing stuff like that especially with such an exciting player to watch.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see Petterson's head hit the glass there, might have hit the ice after but it's hard for me to tell. Definitely looked out of it afterwards.

Hope he's okay.

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
The first nudge was questionable, the hit was fine, slamming him to the ground is unnecessary and garbage.

Idk what the f*** Matheson has been doing this far this season, he was solid in the past two but he hasn't been able to pull it together this season.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I hope Vancouver overpaid all those third/fourth liners to do something when the kids get attacked.

Pathetic hit.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Wasn't really a hit from behind . The extra shove to the face and throw down after the hit was uncalled for though. Should've gotten a roughing call.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Agree, clean hit but the throw down was dirty. Matheson had some intent there after being burned numerous times by EP. The fact that the Canucks haven't picked up their physicality is embarrassing.
Seriously though Pettersson is the most exciting player the Canucks have had since Bure. He puts Nuck fans in their seats, specially with this weak roster.
I really hope EP is ok.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The initial hit wasn’t bad but then the slam. Maybe his head hit the ice? He looked dazed. Hope he’s ok.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
That is not right. EP is good for the game. Would have been a sweet hit, crunched to the boards. Why he felt the need to snorlax the lad, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad