Matheson punches Pettersson in the head from behind, body slams him to the ice. Pettersson concussed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
The hit was fine, the extra shove to Pettersson's head causing it to hit the ice hard is what I had an issue with. The ref was right there and didn't even give a 2 minute penalty for roughing.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
WTF was that? The board IMO was fine and at worst a 2 min boarding call but what is up with the WWE takedown?

Was Matheson just pissed he was getting embarrassed by a teenager?

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
IDk how i feel about this, Seems like something you see multiple times a game, but at the same time that throw down to the ice was a bit much, but IDK if i would look at this and say "suspension worthy" but something about it strikes me as bad, and not just because he got concussed

Tbh, that's the part that you don't see multiple times a game, especially after you've also tied up/lifted the guy's legs so his head has nowhere to go but against the ice. Poor baby had a frustrating night and decided to scramble a young stud.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
its just sad poor kid. I hate it when skilled players get injured; I enjoy hockey because of skilled players making skilled plays not because of so called "tough guys"

Matheson should be ashmaed of that takedown attempt on a kid

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Othinf wrong wit that hit. Its toughness vs weakness. He litterly lifted the guy wit a dam hand... sucks it happened but thats nothing dirty. Just a hockey hit
Lol you even admit he lifts him with his hand and choke slams him down, not really a hockey play

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
IDk how i feel about this, Seems like something you see multiple times a game, but at the same time that throw down to the ice was a bit much, but IDK if i would look at this and say "suspension worthy" but something about it strikes me as bad, and not just because he got concussed
You definitely see this multiple times a game. That's why I don't think this is in any way a suspension, because it's not an unusual play just a terrible result due to the strength difference and the way he landed in this case.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Didn't look that bad. Hopefully he's ok and comes right back. Unfortunate but not dirty
Unfortunate? Unfortunate is something that happens accidentally. That body slam was completely uncalled for, and something he should be made to pay for, one way or another.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
You definitely see this multiple times a game. That's why I don't think this is in any way a suspension, because it's not an unusual play just a terrible result due to the strength difference and the way he landed in this case.
Choke-slaming players to the ice doesn't happen multiple times a game.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lol you even admit he lifts him with his hand and choke slams him down, not really a hockey play
Hmmm thats a perfectly hockey play. Ive seen this done so many times with no calls. Now because he did it to a tiny dude and he got hurt it aint his fault. Thsts a hockey play. Now the canuck fans will just go blind and call it dirty lol

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
That sucks, and so unnecessary. The hit itself/rubbing him out was fine, but the intentional slam towards the ice was brutal.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Can we go a year where an incredible rookie doesn't get demolished?

EP
Boeser
Laine
McDavid

I should mention I'm not equating... Clean hits on some,EP was garbage hit.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The WWE takedown was over the top. The pin up against the boards, while aggressive, didn't look too much from behind (borderline at best).

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
The headline and OP made me expect a lot worse. Clean hit, perhaps an unecessary ragdolling but that's a non event 99/100. Just bad luck. Send Gudbranson after Matheson then if you feel unjustly treated.

Edit: To bad for Pettersson thou. I hope it's nothing.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Choke-slaming players to the ice doesn't happen multiple times a game.
It's not a choke slam, his hand was in his chest he wasn't gripping his throat. It happens all the time like this when a guy has someone pinned against the boards, the result usually doesn't happen like this though, that's the difference. It's a 2 minute roughing penalty, which NHL refs almost never call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad