Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Those shows were more gritty, for sure. Less childish. Sure. That doesn’t make them better.

Cox plays the role well. A lot of people wanted him back. Yeah, I’m sure there are other people that could play the role, but I think he’s a good keep.

Well, it makes it better for me, an adult spectator who doesn't enjoy My Little Pony, and prefers more nuanced stuff (not saying the series are all that great, but I appreciated that the Purple Man wasn't, indeed, purple - and a little more complex than just "I have a dream of cleansing the universe"). As for Cox, I totally agree, but I think that it just makes things a little weird if he is back but his whole backstory ain't canon.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well, it makes it better for me, an adult spectator who doesn't enjoy My Little Pony, and prefers more nuanced stuff (not saying the series are all that great, but I appreciated that the Purple Man wasn't, indeed, purple - and a little more complex than just "I have a dream of cleansing the universe"). As for Cox, I totally agree, but I think that it just makes things a little weird if he is back but his whole backstory ain't canon.

Right. Forgot you can’t talk about Marvel without being a condescending ass. That’s my bad. I always forgot people aren’t allowed to enjoy more “adult spectator” material and less “adult spectator” material at the same time.

Also, My Little Pony is fantastic! Maybe you should try lightening up every once in a while and letting that child side out. It sure makes life a little less miserable.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Having such a strong opinion about comic book movies and TV shows is very childish.

Especially if that opinion is "I am a mature adult who likes nuanced stuff like Daredevil and Iron Fist".

:laugh:

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
While having a such strong opinion on a sports team is very adult :sarcasm:

Sport is very important.

ESPN_barack_obama_ncaa_bracket_jc_150318_31x13_992.jpg

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Having such a strong opinion about comic book movies and TV shows is very childish.

Especially if that opinion is "I am a mature adult who likes nuanced stuff like Daredevil and Iron Fist".

:laugh:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the MCU (apart from the Thor stuff), I just think the Netflix series proposed more nuance, especially in the good/bad dichotomy, the characters were by far more interesting than their MCU cousins - tortured souls for most, both heroes and villains. Me picking on Captain is just a force of habit.

Reactions: Pilky01

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I gave up even trying to watch the shows after The Defenders. :oops:

Iron Fist season 2 was so much better than the first season, it wasn't as rushed as the first so the fight scenes were much better. Luke Cage second season was sloooower than the first but did some great character development. JJ season 3 was told in really interesting ways and Trish was the star of the season with the way her character developed.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
My problem is The Defenders is how rushed it was. While 8 episodes it still felt rushed IMO.

Agreed. It was pretty bad, and not even just because of Iron Fist (I kind of dismiss everything related to the Iron Fist - even his showing up in Luke Cage was toxic).

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Disney has listed some release dates going into 2023

Marvel is now scheduled to release 12 films between 2021 to 2023 on top of the Disney+ series. I'm guessing something of that maybe be things like Deadpool, which may not be part of the cinematic universe, but hard to tell.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Disney has listed some release dates going into 2023

Marvel is now scheduled to release 12 films between 2021 to 2023 on top of the Disney+ series. I'm guessing something of that maybe be things like Deadpool, which may not be part of the cinematic universe, but hard to tell.

Deadpool will 100% be part of the MCU going forward.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I don't want to read anything in this thread so maybe it's been answered already but I am completely new to this universe. I have never been interested in watching anything marvel before but decided that I would start from the beginning and watch the whole story. I looked at a list online that starts with a chronological list that includes TV shows and seems pretty in depth.

Anyways, I thought by ordering Disney+ I'd be able to watch it all because I would assume everything would have been moved over to this streaming platform but when looking through it seemed like I couldn't find half the stuff that was on my list. Does Disney+ plan on adding everything eventually or should I just cancel my subscription and try and stream it by other means online?

Just thought I'd edit with the list I found, this is the site I got it from;

How to watch every Marvel Cinematic Universe film in the right order

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't want to read anything in this thread so maybe it's been answered already but I am completely new to this universe. I have never been interested in watching anything marvel before but decided that I would start from the beginning and watch the whole story. I looked at a list online that starts with a chronological list that includes TV shows and seems pretty in depth.

Anyways, I thought by ordering Disney+ I'd be able to watch it all because I would assume everything would have been moved over to this streaming platform but when looking through it seemed like I couldn't find half the stuff that was on my list. Does Disney+ plan on adding everything eventually or should I just cancel my subscription and try and stream it by other means online?

Depends. What are you looking for that they didn’t have?

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Depends. What are you looking for that they didn’t have?

I edited my post with the list, but I noticed almost every show isn't on there. Unless I'm missing something and don't quite know how to use the site as I literally just signed up to it half hour ago.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I edited my post with the list, but I noticed almost every show isn't on there. Unless I'm missing something and don't quite know how to use the site as I literally just signed up to it half hour ago.
Some MCU movies have their streaming rights still owned by other services. Once those rights expire, they'll move over to Disney +. I believe that Ant Man and the Wasp, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok & Black Panther are the only ones still on Netflix, I could be wrong though.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

So, it looks like Disney+ has 16 of the 23 movies so far. The ones it doesn't have include:
  • Incredible Hulk - Probably due to the Hulk being owned by Universal
  • Black Panther - Has to satisfy the Netflix contract first, so will be on Disney+ on March 4, 2020
  • Spider-Man Homecoming - Sony property
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp - Netflix; on Disney+ on July 29, 2020
  • Thor Ragnarok - Netflix; on Disney+ on December 5, 2019
  • Infinity War - Netflix; on Disney+ on June 25, 2020
  • Far From Home - Sony property
So the Hulk movie (you're not missing much anyway) and the 2 Spider-Man movies probably won't make it to Disney+, but the others will be there eventually.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Some MCU movies have their streaming rights still owned by other services. Once those rights expire, they'll move over to Disney +. I believe that Ant Man and the Wasp, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Thor: Ragnarok & Black Panther are the only ones still on Netflix, I could be wrong though.

So, it looks like Disney+ has 16 of the 23 movies so far. The ones it doesn't have include:
  • Incredible Hulk - Probably due to the Hulk being owned by Universal
  • Black Panther - Has to satisfy the Netflix contract first, so will be on Disney+ on March 4, 2020
  • Spider-Man Homecoming - Sony property
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp - Netflix; on Disney+ on July 29, 2020
  • Thor Ragnarok - Netflix; on Disney+ on December 5, 2019
  • Infinity War - Netflix; on Disney+ on June 25, 2020
  • Far From Home - Sony property
So the Hulk movie (you're not missing much anyway) and the 2 Spider-Man movies probably won't make it to Disney+, but the others will be there eventually.

Thanks for the heads up. I assume this is the with the series' as well?

Reactions: Oilpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad