Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 4

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The upcoming Marvel series are what you’re referring to, right? Those will be released on Disney+ right away on a weekly basis.

From looking at that site I'm currently watching Agent Carter and I'm going to watch both seasons. Looks like the next shows are Daredevil, agents of the shield, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The defenders, The Punisher, The Inhumans, and Cloak & Dagger.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
And if you're referring to the old series's, I don't know if there are plans to move them to Disney + at all.

Yeah, that's more what I was talking about, thank you. Are these necessary for the storyline of the universe? Like I said, I've never really been interested so all I've really seen are Ant Man and I watched Captain America the first Avenger yesterday.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
From looking at that site I'm currently watching Agent Carter and I'm going to watch both seasons. Looks like the next shows are Daredevil, agents of the shield, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The defenders, The Punisher, The Inhumans, and Cloak & Dagger.

Ah... those shows. I’m actually not sure if Disney+ will be getting those. Agents of Shield may come to it eventually. But I’m not sure on other ones. I know for sure some of them won’t make it, such as Daredevil, because the material is too violent for Disney+.

Reactions: Tryblot

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Yeah, that's more what I was talking about, thank you. Are these necessary for the storyline of the universe? Like I said, I've never really been interested so all I've really seen are Ant Man and I watched Captain America the first Avenger yesterday.
No, not really. There's a few mentions here and there in the earlier seasons, but they're pretty much standalone stories.

Reactions: Tryblot

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

None of the existing shows are necessary for the movie universe.

But, the shows that will be produced on Disney+ in the future will tie into that all.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Ah... those shows. I’m actually not sure if Disney+ will be getting those. Agents of Shield may come to it eventually. But I’m not sure on other ones. I know for sure some of them won’t make it, such as Daredevil, because the material is too violent for Disney+.

No, not really. There's a few mentions here and there in the earlier seasons, but they're pretty much standalone stories.

Okay, thanks again for the heads up. Very much appreciated.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I think it was shown on the list when the Dutch had it for beta testing.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017

None of the existing shows are necessary for the movie universe.

But, the shows that will be produced on Disney+ in the future will tie into that all.

Not only are they unnecessary, are they even part of the MCU? I know the Netflix shows refered to the Avengers a few times, but never the other way around, and as Cap said, the tones don't match at all.

(still, watch the Netflix shows, some of them are way more interesting than the MCU :) )

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Not only are they unnecessary, are they even part of the MCU? I know the Netflix shows refered to the Avengers a few times, but never the other way around, and as Cap said, the tones don't match at all.

(still, watch the Netflix shows, some of them are way more interesting than the MCU :) )

They haven't really specified whether or not they are. I don't think Feige really believed so.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018

They had plans of involving the Netflix characters in Infinity War/Endgame movies at one point, but it never happened, likely because Netflix pulled the plug on them

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
AoS will be on Disney+ when its tv run is over just like Agent Carter and the Inhuman already are. The Hulu show Runeways might make it due to Disney having a controlling interest in Hulu then again it makes little sense moving it from one streaming service to another. Legion was on FOX so I guess it is now owned by Disney but think it's too mature for Disney+.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Mark Ruffalo during a recent interview

Well, Kevin Feige just asked me last week if I had any more ideas or stories for the Hulk. And I said, ‘Yeah, I think there’s still some stories to tell.’ And he said, ‘Well, why don’t you come in and tell me about them and we’ll see if we can find a place for you in the Marvel universe? Hulk vs. Wolverine. I’d like to see that.

As much as I would love a Hulk v Wolverine, especially Hugh Jackman, the time might have passed or at least using the comics or animated movie version. In those cases it was a full destructo Hulk that Wolverine was hunting down for the Canadian government. Now that he is Professor Hulk, I don't think that story would work.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Mark Ruffalo during a recent interview

As much as I would love a Hulk v Wolverine, especially Hugh Jackman, the time might have passed or at least using the comics or animated movie version. In those cases it was a full destructo Hulk that Wolverine was hunting down for the Canadian government. Now that he is Professor Hulk, I don't think that story would work.

They could easily have it that him using the glove and snap caused unforeseen issues and the hulk started taking over again and going. Savage

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I'm sure they could work in a storyline that has those two battling it out. Not sure they will, but I do believe they could figure something out.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
A Marvel / DC Crossover teased in Doomsday Clock #12.

Maybe Disney purchases DC?

"Secret Crisis" which will see Superman fight Thor and The Hulk sacrifice himself to protect the Man of Steel from some mysterious invaders. In other words, it looks like a Marvel vs. DC crossover could be in the works for a decade from now!

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #12 Changes The DC Universe, Teases A Marvel Crossover, And Drops A Shocking Ending

2pdPP2Ch_o.png

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Anyone have any thoughts on a MCU movie watch order? Do you go in the actual movie release date order or chronological based on when the movies are set?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad