Movies: Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
When should we expect a reveal trailer for Captain Marvel to hit the public?
I'd expect a teaser about 6 months out, with a full trailer maybe 4 months out then the 2nd "final" trailer a couple months out. I can't remember the release date but I'm pretty sure it's 2019 so it could still be a ways away.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
When should we expect a reveal trailer for Captain Marvel to hit the public?

You'd think Infinity War would've been a good film to release the teaser trailer

Show the audience Captain Marvel's symbol in the trailer, only to show it again during the end credit scene

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some good answers here, which actually comes to my next question. As someone who doesn't know a lot about Hollywood...how good of an actress if Brie Larson? I ask because reading a bit deeper Captain Marvel might become the most badass character since the big four (Iron Man, Thor, America, and Spiderman).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Some good answers here, which actually comes to my next question. As someone who doesn't know a lot about Hollywood...how good of an actress if Brie Larson? I ask because reading a bit deeper Captain Marvel might become the most badass character since the big four (Iron Man, Thor, America, and Spiderman).

I've only seen her in The United States Of Tara show but she was nominated for an Oscar last year so she can definitely act.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
You'd think Infinity War would've been a good film to release the teaser trailer

Show the audience Captain Marvel's symbol in the trailer, only to show it again during the end credit scene
It's still filming so not sure they would have anything worth showing yet. Heck a "spy" camera video was just released by someone from set showing a young Fury and Captain Marvel, in her green outfit, arguing on Earth.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the MCU/The original Iron Man being released.

That’s awesome.

Iron Man was always my favorite comic book hero and I could not believe they were making it and was even more shocked that it was pretty much perfect IMO.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So it's been confirmed that Friday's episode of agents of shield will feel the effects of infinity war.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They should've waited a few more weeks IMO. People that haven't seen IW are going to be like wtf?

Well they made the first reference last Friday. This is part of the reason they have slowly moved away from specific references as it has become harder and harder to make it work with film and tv schedules being so different.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Found an awesome Guardian of the Galaxy video (+ Captain's cameo)

Other "Marvel" videos of this youtuber are also not bad.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Today marks the 10th anniversary of the MCU/The original Iron Man being released.

There is literally no other actor in Hollywood who could have played Stark, and thats been repeated tons of times by Favreau. Not only has he killed the role, I also liked how it brought him back to the big leagues after he finally got sober & cleaned his act up.

Reactions: Baby Punisher
Sep 19, 2008
Never seen any of the Galaxy of the Guardians movies until a few days ago. Actually a pretty good series.

Love Yondu lol

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Time to admit I was wrong. While I hold the Batman trilogy, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman and BVS in high esteem... the Marvel Cinematic Universe absolutely blows DC out of the water.

Took a while but I guess between the Holland Spidey, Deadpool, Logan, Infinity War, the Netflix shows etc I had to admit it to myself.

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Deadpool isn't MCU though. And the Netflix shows are barely MCU.

BvS is a crime against humanity and I can not accept that anybody genuinely likes it and that they aren't just saying they like it because of some weird personal hang-ups, like they've become too personally invested in these characters and so refuse to acknowledge the movie for what it is.

Which is weird because Batman die-hard can always hang their hat on the Nolan trilogy, and especially The Dark Knight...so why defend such an aggressively horrible movie?

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Deadpool isn't MCU though. And the Netflix shows are barely MCU.

BvS is a crime against humanity and I can not accept that anybody genuinely likes it and that they aren't just saying they like it because of some weird personal hang-ups, like they've become too personally invested in these characters and so refuse to acknowledge the movie for what it is.

Which is weird because Batman die-hard can always hang their hat on the Nolan trilogy, and especially The Dark Knight...so why defend such an aggressively horrible movie?

Because I’m easy to please, and that movie was good enough for me. I’d prefer to stay that way, because I’d rather not get super upset about movies.... well, like this. Haha.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
DC just hasn't figured out how to do villains well. Its no surprise that their best movies were the ones with the best performances of the bad guys (Joker, Bane, Ares was at least passable). I can't even tell you the names of the bad guys from BvS or Justice League, they were just so forgettable. No character development for the Baddies, they pretty much only show up for the final CGI-fest.

Note: this is from the viewpoint of someone who hasn't read a comic in their lives, and didn't watch any DC cartoons growing up.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Maybe they should have let Ronan destroy Xandar and Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy 1. The whole universe would have at least made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad