Martin Posposil Headshots Josh Morrissey

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
That’s sort of like the Kronwall. In a position to deliver a clean check to the body, but chooses instead to rise into the hit with his feet leaving the ice at the moment of contact to ensure that it ends up unnecessarily high and dangerous.
This is what a lot of people seem to glaze over. He lines it up nicely but then launches his trajectory upward into the hit, which invariably will cause quite a lot of violent head contact.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Posp clearly wasn't thinking straight....he should have saved the suspension for the Oiler game! :sarcasm:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I don't understand why this BS needs to be a part of an otherwise effective player's game.

Also not sure this kind of behaviour is so wise if he does have a history of concussions.... somebody will catch him one day

Reactions: gprep93

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Seemed to be lined up to get him in the head the whole way. If the league is really trying to get rid of fighting, DoPS might want to step up their game. If not, more of this:

He's skating in from Morrissey's left. If he was trying to line up a head shot, why not put his right shoulder into Morrissey's chin? The fact that he turns and throws this hit with his left shoulder, with the left elbow tucked, seems to suggest that he's at least trying to throw a clean hit here, even if the outcome was a slightly off balance Morrissey running face first into his tucked elbow.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Even on full speed and zoomed out, I can clearly see an exaggerated upward launch to the hit.

Maybe he didn't flat out jump into it ala raffi torres but if anything he's on the tips of his toes at contact and extends his upper body as much as he can, as well.
Hitting guys high is legal if you don't pick the head. He was definitely hitting to hurt but again that's not against the rules.

Reactions: RooBicks

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
People don't understand what an elbow is.

This is what an elbow looks like people. Loosen your clutch on those pearls.

Kind of like saying people don't know what a slash is and posting McSorley on Brashear lol

You can gripe about pearl clutching but it's really just old man yells at cloud at this point. The game has changed

Reactions: wraithsonwings

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Pretty late in the day. Feels like if they were going to suspend him that the hearing would've been announced. Morrissey not getting hurt might've been the deciding factor.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Was at the game over close to the penalty box . Lowry skated over by the penalty box pointed at Posposil and said you and me are going to go .

He was actually lucky he got tossed from the game cause it would not have ended well . It would have ended in Lowry getting a 5 min major and the Jets shorthanded plus maybe a suspension but he would have proven a point .

I actually don't mind Poposil game most of the time he just has to clean up his stupidness .

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Kind of like saying people don't know what a slash is and posting McSorley on Brashear lol

You can gripe about pearl clutching but it's really just old man yells at cloud at this point. The game has changed

Not even close. One is what hanging an elbow actually is. Malone's elbow, Messier, Bure on Churla are elbows.

This isn't an elbow. Cry about whatever illegal things you want, but make sure its actually what you think it is first.

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020

Left his feet and used his elbow. Since it's barely been a month since he picked up 3 for running Dunn from behind, I would imagine he's going to be hearing from the DOPS dopes again.

Not gonna lie - I imagine he'll get suspended, but that's a pretty dope reaction hit. Mind you, DOPS hasn't said anything yet I think... And I'm fine with that.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Pretty late in the day. Feels like if they were going to suspend him that the hearing would've been announced. Morrissey not getting hurt might've been the deciding factor.
That's because the appropriate punishment for this hit was handled during the game. Even then it was overdone.

If people are expecting a suspension for this they'll be disappointed.

Reactions: HitterD

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
This turd is not learning anything from league discipline, and is going to continue to hit to injure.
He won't figure it out until he gets his head pounded in, whether he wants to fight or not.

Reactions: gprep93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad