Martin Posposil Headshots Josh Morrissey

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
What stuff? Are you telling saying he shouldve made the hit without tucking in the elbow? Hows that leaving hes feet? Morrissey head was literally at elbow level, where was no way to hit him there without head contact. So are you saying players are low levels cant be hit?
No, the league says you can’t hit players in the head with your elbow.

This isn’t the first time Mr. “I can’t fight because my brains are scrambled eggs” has pulled this garbage, either.

Regardless, he’s likely done for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Now watch the hit without the Flame Fan goggles

I'm an Avs fan and I also don't see an elbow being thrown there. His elbow looks like it's tucked against his side when contact is made.

I also don't see him leaving his feet as much as turning almost a 180 at the last second and standing up to put his left shoulder in Morrissey, after skating in from Morrissey's left.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Someone explain this to me. Eblow tucked in until contact, didnt really leave hes feet until after contact. So what about this hit thats so egregious? Are you just not allowed to hit players when their head is low now?
Nothing really. A lot of fans have a hard time examining bad hits because the game is played so fast that it's hard to tell what went wrong for the hit to turn out bad. Very very very few players in hockey in the past few decades want to hit someone with an illegal hit, and I would say there are probably no players in the league today that want to do that.

To me this hit looks like he had him lined up on an open ice hit and Morrissey tries to duck the hit at the last second, pulling back and dropping his head lower in the process. If Morrissey braces instead then he's right squarely through the chest. I think Posposil might've been a little high leading into this hit, I would like to see him get a little lower if he wants to make a big fast open ice hit like that.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
No, the league says you can’t hit players in the head with your elbow.

This isn’t the first time Mr. “I can’t fight because my brains are scrambled eggs” has pulled this garbage, either.

Regardless, he’s likely done for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it.
So Morrissey cant be hit there then, because the dudes head is literally elbow level, there no way to hit him unless its a major then.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
So Morrissey cant be hit there then, because the dudes head is literally elbow level, there no way to hit him unless its a major then.
Dude, not only does he have him at elbow level, the elbow clearly follows through on Morrissey’s head with the elbow as he is leaving his feet.

It’s pretty clear this is a major penalty. If he keeps his arm tucked in throughout the hit, maybe there’s a benefit of the doubt here. That doesn’t happen.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Someone explain this to me. Eblow tucked in until contact, didnt really leave hes feet until after contact. So what about this hit thats so egregious? Are you just not allowed to hit players when their head is low now?
If that's how you're seeing this play, you might want to acknowledge that you might have a bit of a bias. We all do, we're all better when we can recognize it.

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
What stuff? Are you telling saying he shouldve made the hit without tucking in the elbow? Hows that leaving hes feet? Morrissey head was literally at elbow level, where was no way to hit him there without head contact. So are you saying players are low levels cant be hit?
If the principal point of contact is going to be the opponents head, then that player isn't eligible to be hit like that. The fact that this guy has made a habit throughout the season of accidentally on purpose hitting guys directly in the head he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt anymore.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Dude, not only does he have him at elbow level, the elbow clearly follows through on Morrissey’s head with the elbow as he is leaving his feet.

It’s pretty clear this is a major penalty. If he keeps his arm tucked in throughout the hit, maybe there’s a benefit of the doubt here. That doesn’t happen.
Im genuinely curious how you see all that when i literally sent you a screenshot where hes elbow was tucked and feet on the ice. Elbow comes out after the hits, this happens in literally every hit. I agree its a penalty, but not a major.
Screenshot_20240404_201640.jpg

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Lowry just headshotted too. Rough game.
Pospisil would've served his punishment tonight with the misconduct, but since he's a super repeat offender, and plays for the Flames, I can see 3+ games.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016
Im genuinely curious how you see all that when i literally sent you a screenshot where hes elbow was tucked and feet on the ice. Elbow comes out after the hits, this happens in literally every hit. I agree its a penalty, but not a major.
View attachment 846345
You seem to be missing the point of what everyone (including the referees apparently) are saying on this one.

PRINCIPLE POINT OF CONTACT is his opponents head. That is a major all night long. Especially in a two goal game with less than a minute left.

There is being a homer and we all do that sometimes, and then there is willfully ignoring what people are saying to you.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
You seem to be missing the point of what everyone (including the referees apparently) are saying on this one.

PRINCIPLE POINT OF CONTACT is his opponents head. That is a major all night long. Especially in a two goal game with less than a minute left.

There is being a homer and we all do that sometimes, and then there is willfully ignoring what people are saying to you.
Uhhh its a one goal game in the second period.... And the time remaining should have no affect on the outcome of any penalties. Im pretty sure all elbowing penalties are head contact..... I agree its head contact with an elbow, but its not a major to me, I dont agree that Morrissey cant be hit there.

Im not even saying this to be a homer because i could care less about how the flames perform for the rest of the year. Im literally just stating an opinion on the hit, because ive seen Gaudreau get caught high before apparently that was hes just low, still allowed to be hit.

Pospisil deserved to get suspended for the dunn hit, and he needs to learn not to do that shit. I dont want him to stop trying open ice hit tho

Reactions: Neil Racki

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB

Not Posposil fault Morrissey dtopped his head

• Haha
Reactions: MardyBum

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
This site is so hilarious with posters referring to the picture in post 23 before contact was made while totally ignoring the elbow position in the picture in post 16. If he kept his elbow down through contact, how can it be near his shoulder level just after contact?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad