Martin Posposil Headshots Josh Morrissey

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Always fun to read the frothing at the mouth mainboard hysterics :laugh:

Think 5 and a game is plenty for that hit personally but with his rep I could see another suspension. Not sure how they reviewed it after calling it 2 minutes initially? Thought it had to be called a 5 right off the bat to review it.

Feet are on the ice at the point of contact
Elbow is tucked at the point of contact

He definitely elevates when the hit happens so that might ding him but half of that is him just going over a smaller player that has a crouched posture. That crouched posture might be enough to save him from supplemental discipline due to 48.1(II), because Morrisey has to be eligible to be hit there but I can't really say if his position make head contact unavoidable exactly.

If theres anyone thats soft its Pospisil.

Refuses to answer, has his gloves glued on because everytime he fights he's waking up in the quiet room.

And Draisaitl's excuse for being a scumbag with his gloves perpetually glued on is... what exactly?
Too well paid? Afraid of breaking a nail?

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Always fun to read the frothing at the mouth mainboard hysterics :laugh:

Think 5 and a game is plenty for that hit personally but with his rep I could see another suspension. Not sure how they reviewed it after calling it 2 minutes initially? Thought it had to be called a 5 right off the bat to review it.

Feet are on the ice at the point of contact
Elbow is tucked at the point of contact

He definitely elevates when the hit happens so that might ding him but half of that is him just going over a smaller player that has a crouched posture. That crouched posture might be enough to save him from supplemental discipline, because Morrisey has to be eligible to be hit there but I can't really say if his position make head contact unavoidable exactly.

And Draisaitl's excuse for being a scumbag with his gloves perpetually glued on is... what exactly?
Too well paid? Afraid of breaking a nail?
Draisaitl is a mental midget and cries anytime something doesnt go his way, if you follow oiler GDT's ive been calling this out lots.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
That's a really awkward hit. Pospisil is definitely a borderline player, but, uh, Morrissey is in a position where it's legal to deliver a check, no? And Just kind of ragdolls himself into the worst position imaginable going into the hit.

Think the player's history is going to result in additional discipline he might otherwise not receive here.

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
Not Morrissey’s fault Posposil goes from a crouch to a straight up knee lock and drives forward catching Morrissey flush with his elbow.

Piece of shit player doing piece of shit things. Again.

It can’t be.
Crouch to knee lock? You mean hitting?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
If he wasnt Slovak I'd say he is a piece of shit. But he's Slovak so I'll be nice and say he's a piece of crap instead. My least fav Slovak in awhile. I actually don't have a second least fav Slovak.
Ruzicka?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Dude is def making a name for himself for sure. He doesn't stand up for himself though. Looks like we got another Nick Cousins in the league

Reactions: hn777

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
It's clear he jumps and chicken wings the guy. Even if you think Morrisey ducks or puts himself in a vulnerable position (which he does), your elbow doesn't flail like that after a clean hit and it's clear from the one angle he jumps into the hit.

Pospisal also doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with his recent history. He's not quite at Nick Cousins' level but he's on track to be.

Reactions: Chainshot and hn777

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
My mom says I am a genius. My genius mind is predicting a 9 game suspension (3 matches his previous suspension and then squared to 9 because he was suspended so recently, the math checks out!)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Pospisil head shots a star player? Wow, I'm very surprised.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Morrissey made himself like 6 inches smaller. In a matter of a couple years, players have completely forgotten to avoid hits like these. With the Dunn hit, he’s just lollygagging by the boards as if there should be a forcefield around him

amigo

Mar 20, 2021
uDv04d (1).gif

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It sucks because I'm happy for any Slovak making the NHL. I want them back despite them being a natural rivarly. I cheer for them a lot. Very few in the NHL and this meathead is one of them.lol

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Morrissey made himself like 6 inches smaller. In a matter of a couple years, players have completely forgotten to avoid hits like these. With the Dunn hit, he’s just lollygagging by the boards as if there should be a forcefield around him

Ya, why aren’t they anticipating blatantly illegal stuff? Come on, it was obvious he was gonna run the red light!

I like how no one ever got cheapshotted in the past, either, or rocked on a hit. Nope, never happened, not in the golden light of memory I have of that fond past.

Reactions: gprep93

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad