Marner or Laine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Marner is without a doubt the better player right now. Laine is very overrated because of goals. He needs to become a more complete player to be considered as great as some people think he is.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
We shouldn't make these exact same vs threads every week, it's still Marner with Laine the potential to tie the game.

Marner isn't as depended as Laine on having the right linemates to be effective today.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Leafs fans with the Laine obsession.

I'd take Kapanen over Laine. Just because the jersey looks so much nicer and the Toronto air has that exclusive rarity that breeds greatly gifted hockey players.

Reactions: stepdad gaary

PegCityJets9

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
twitter.com
As a Jets fan I wouldn't make the deal. Neither team would even think for a second about making this deal.

The fact of the matter is Marner doesn't make the Jets a better team. Marner is a playmaker first while Laine is a goal scorer first. The Jets have a lot of playmakers so it makes zero sense to trade away a goal scorer for another playmaker.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Surprised to See that Laine is not in the top 50 for NHL scoring.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
lmao i'm laughing so hard now because all the leafs fan say now is players can "drive their own line" because they heard like kyprios or someone say it probably so now its literally in every thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Leafs dont make the trade as they have 3 goal scoring centers - the play making winger is more valuable. Laine scores more individual goals yes, but marner sets his linemates up for tap ins every game.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Laine will always have the better shot, that's about it.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Marner is one of the most (if not the most) creative playmakers in the league right now. This guy gets the puck and makes plays that few players can make. Choosing from these two players, for the Leafs, Marner is the player that is a better fit for Toronto. He's quick, plays both ends of the ice at an elite level and most importantly Marner creates more goals on his own than any player I've ever seen in a Leafs jersey.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
No, it's "taking a lot of nice passes from someone else and tapping them in". :)

sucks you had to pay 11 million to get tavares if all he needs to do is tap-ins. should have gotten mike zigomanis or something because he's much better than tavares at faceoffs and with a player like marner on his line, there to drive it for him, he would obviously be doing just as well.

Reactions: Mony Vibescu

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
lmao i'm laughing so hard now because all the leafs fan say now is players can "drive their own line" because they heard like kyprios or someone say it probably so now its literally in every thread.

The difference is the Calder winner (AM34)from pattys draft year can play with anyone and make the line better. What we've seen with the runner up (patty) is he is heavily dependent on the power play and requires specific linemates for production. It's not a big deal that hes not on Matthews level but you pouting about it wont help your cause.

Last edited by a moderator:

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
The difference is the Calder winner (AM34)from pattys draft year can play with anyone and make the line better. What we've seen with the runner up (patty) is he is heavily dependent on the power play and requires specific linemates for production. It's not a big deal that hes not on Matthews level but you pouting about it wont help your cause.

what are you talking about...? did you quote the wrong post

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Marner needs elite C Tavares to go ppg. He does not drive shit, he feeds off of great players like everyone else, good or bad.

I wanna see Patty play with an elite playmaker 5v5 like we are seeing Marner play with an elite scorer. Ya'll lying to yourselves.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
We shouldn't make these exact same vs threads every week, it's still Marner with Laine the potential to tie the game.

Marner isn't as depended as Laine on having the right linemates to be effective today.
Having Tavares is such a bad thing.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Marner needs elite C Tavares to go ppg. He does not drive ****, he feeds off of great players like everyone else, good or bad.

I wanna see Patty play with an elite playmaker 5v5 like we are seeing Marner play with an elite scorer. Ya'll lying to yourselves.

He played at a 90+ point pace with Kadri last year as well, do you consider Kadri elite?

Marner has always had the elite pedigree.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
He played at a 90+ point pace with Kadri last year as well, do you consider Kadri elite?

Marner has always had the elite pedigree.
Marner has elite pedigree because he is an elite player. Just like Laine is.

I wonder if Marner appreciates having a great finisher on his line, unlike 90% of this board.

Reactions: Psych0dad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad