Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Made yourself seem even more clueless by calling Marner one dimensional. What dimension is that? His amazing hockey vision, great playmaking, great edge work, solid penalty killing? Clueless.

When Drai was centering his own line the Oilers stunk pal, he couldn’t drive his line so they put him back with McDavid to drive up the offense but sure I don’t watch the Oilers lol.

break the walls down

this guy just got humbled

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
ppg+ last year with kadri. now show a stat where draisaitl has done anything away from mcdavid
It's almost like Marner has better linemates than Draisaitl when draisaitl is away from mcdavid, and its not even close actually.

But I forgot, Draisaitl is the only player in the league penalized for playing with good players

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
But.... Marner is a great defensive player....

Drai doesn’t bring a much better 200ft all around game

Some people are just ignorant about Marner's defensive game, unfortunately.

Group-10-1-1024x576.png

Mitch Marner: As good without the puck as he is with it - The Point

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Some people are just ignorant about Marner's defensive game, unfortunately.

Group-10-1-1024x576.png

Mitch Marner: As good without the puck as he is with it - The Point

I posted this in another thread about a week ago as well

Marner is incredible at stick checking and take aways, among the league leaders. I know it sounds like a trival stat and varies from arena to arena, but the fact is it is generally a stat dominated by the best defensive forwards. Also Marner has more than double the next highest on the team so it isnt like the Toronto stat guy is over-estimating. Looking at the league leaders right now: Barkov, Stone, McDavid, Monahan, Marner, Larkin, O'Rielly.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
break the walls down

this guy just got humbled
Breaks the wall down? :laugh:

Do you guys know who Draisaitl played with when he Centered his own line?

Do you think Marner would be a PPG player if he was playing with Ennis & Leivo this year?

McDavid and Crosby are the only players in the league where they can make 4th liners/AHL players look like actual legit top line wingers.

That's the thing Leafs fans don't take into consideration, because well it doesn't fit their agenda.

Drai played with absolute bums when he centered the 2nd line.

You yourself stated Tavares is a top 8 centre in the league. Kapanen is a top line Winger. Nylander is a top line winger. Matthews is close to McDavid level. Kadri is a #1 Centre.
Rielly is an elite #1 d man.

Where are all these superstars that Drai is surrounded by on the Oilers, aside from Connor? RNH?

Again, you go from one thread where you are shoving one thing down everyones throats. You then go to the next thread and state Marner shouldn't be discredited for all the talent he plays with but Drai should be?

The contradiction is unbelievable, and quite comical.

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Drai here, center over winger. Also a big body not a cream puff that shies away from physical play.

PS. Let me know when Marner actually drives his own line like he supposedly does.LOL

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I think OP's question is very interesting and I would've been interested in a legit debate about this because both players are very close, but instead it always ends up with fans from both teams taking pot shots at each other and both being convinced that their guy is better even though they probably doesn't watch the other much at all.

I've watched and been in love with both these guys since their junior days and they're both amazing players. It's really too close to call for me at this point in time.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Hilarious. Marner winger blahahahah. Draisaitl is a McPoint moocher blahahahah.

I take Draisaitl because he is a big center. Can't go wrong with Marner either.

They are about equal.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
If Drai put up points on his own line at that kind of clip, I would give the man his due but it just doesn’t happen
I think it's great how Leafs only have 4 forward lines but somehow Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, Kapanen all put up points on their own and with no help from the other what so ever. must be something in the water there

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I think it's great how Leafs only have 4 forward lines but somehow Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Kadri, Marleau, Kapanen all put up points on their own and with no help from the other what so ever. must be something in the water there

I don’t see anyone making claims in here that any one of those players is a line driver besides Matthews and Marner. Realistically, do you actually think that Connor McDavid would have worse production playing with Marner over Drai? With Marner’s playmaking abilities, McDavid would have 25 to 30 goals easy. Tavares is having his best season in a while and looks like a good best for 40 goals this year just imagine McDavid.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I don’t see anyone making claims in here that any one of those players is a line driver besides Matthews and Marner. Realistically, do you actually think that Connor McDavid would have worse production playing with Marner over Drai? With Marner’s playmaking abilities, McDavid would have 25 to 30 goals easy. Tavares is having his best season in a while and looks like a good best for 40 goals this year just imagine McDavid.
you realize same can be said the other way?
I said this before but no one cared to respond, probably because they know the answer. How would Marner look with Cagguila and Reider? or ANY Oilers winger for that matter.
If you put Marner on McDavids wing, he would automatically become a product of McDavid, which is what Leafs fans falsely claim what Drai is

Also how would Drai look with Tavares or Nylander or Kap? Put Drai in the Marner's position and even you know that his production would be equal or greater

Mar 26, 2010
Does Marner do that?

I must have missed when he was putting up points with 4th liners/AHL players.
Marner has only played with JT for 30 games.

And Drai does not play with AHL players. He has played 4 years with McDavid.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
More important in this discussion than who the linemates are, is who is the most influential with those linemates.

Marner could play with Mario Lemieux for example, and it if it was Marner who was creating the most offense and scoring chances, it wouldn’t take anything away from Marner.

Never mind a line, even if you include Matthews, Marner runs the PP. Everything goes through him. He is the one who is given the puck to hold and distribute at his choosing to open lanes and find players in prime scoring chances. He is the architect.

I refuse to believe anyone could sit down with me (a non leaf fan, who is constantly accused of being a leaf hater here) and watch two straight leaf games and disagree or not clearly see it.

Mar 26, 2010
And this right here folks is more evidence that Hollywood has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Thanks bud, you make it easy
Lol. He has had the supporting cast of McDavid. That is a fact.

I know exactly what I am talking about.

The only easy thing here is Marner > Draisaitl

Reactions: thunder16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad