Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Made yourself seem even more clueless by calling Marner one dimensional. What dimension is that? His amazing hockey vision, great playmaking, great edge work, solid penalty killing? Clueless.

When Drai was centering his own line the Oilers stunk pal, he couldn’t drive his line so they put him back with McDavid to drive up the offense but sure I don’t watch the Oilers lol.
Obviously trying to make a point. Also he must be a super solid PK'er with :47 average SH TOI.

It's pretty clear Oilers don't have the depth to give Drai the benefit of centering his own line and we have to top load our offence. I'm sure Marner would do great with Cagguila (7 goals) and Reider (0 goals) instead of having the benefit of Tavares and co.
Our highest scoring winger Chiasson has 13 goals and second has 7 goals then the rest have 2.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Obviously trying to make a point. Also he must be a super solid PK'er with :47 average SH TOI.

It's pretty clear Oilers don't have the depth to give Drai the benefit of centering his own line and we have to top load our offence. I'm sure Marner would do great with Cagguila (7 goals) and Reider (0 goals) instead of having the benefit of Tavares and co.
Our highest scoring winger Chiasson has 13 goals and second has 7 goals then the rest have 2.
It’s tough to paint a player like Tavares in a negative light but 9 out of 10 shifts minimum it’s Marner that is carrying Tavares. This is undeniable and is clear as day even with minimal viewing.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Marner is much more impactful in pretty much every facet of the game. The kid's unreal. You can make a good argument that he's the Leaf's best offensive player.

Draisaitl is still fantastic though. I am very salty the Sabres picked Reinhart over him.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

So you expect Marner to play the whole PK? Haha. Anyways, how do you think JVR and Bozak got paid this summer? Marner drove that line last year and uplifted both those guys or is Bozak an elite centre now?

Reactions: Stamkos4life

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
So you expect Marner to play the whole PK? Haha. Anyways, how do you think JVR and Bozak got paid this summer? Marner drove that line last year and uplifted both those guys or is Bozak an elite centre now?
no but really good PK'ers average more than :47 seconds. something Marner is not

Lets hope Marner gets paid when his time comes in this offseason now ;)

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
no but really good PK'ers average more than :47 seconds. something Marner is not

Lets hope Marner gets paid when his time comes in this offseason now ;)
First point, look at marners advance stats, he's great defensively. He intercepts and interrupts the other teams offense amazingly.

Second point, salary cap jab? You think you'd be more sympathetic since your paying Lucic and drasitl almost 15 million combined and neither can drive there own line

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
It's easy to look like a "line driver" when you have John Tavares as your center. Get Tavares the puck in the right spot and he will put it away.

If Marner can carry a line with Hyman and Johnsson, then he'd be considered able to "carry his own line." Drai played with Rieder and Chiasson to start the year and was a PPG player. Everytime he's played away from McDavid, he's been good. Obviously he's gonna play better with McDavid, not his fault.

The majority of this board seems to think Marner is much more superior than Drai offensively but in the past 3 seasons w/ playoffs:
LD: 202 pts in 205 games
MM: 184 pts in in 204 games

(if you think I'm cherry-picking then just look at the last 2 seasons and it's still LD > MM production wise)

Proof is in the pudding... Drai is more productive and can effectively play center whenever needed

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
First point, look at marners advance stats, he's great defensively. He intercepts and interrupts the other teams offense amazingly.

Second point, salary cap jab? You think you'd be more sympathetic since your paying Lucic and drasitl almost 15 million combined and neither can drive there own line
the classic "look at how good our guy is" without even considering how good the other guy is. go look at Drai's FO%, his usage on the PK, his ability to play all three forward positions

not really a salary jab. Im just hoping your guy is a good as you say he is and gets paid like it

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
the classic "look at how good our guy is" without even considering how good the other guy is. go look at Drai's FO%, his usage on the PK, his ability to play all three forward positions

not really a salary jab. Im just hoping your guy is a good as you say he is and gets paid like it
No, what's classic is that you called marner one dimensional showing your lack of knowledge and been back peddling ever since.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It’s tough to paint a player like Tavares in a negative light but 9 out of 10 shifts minimum it’s Marner that is carrying Tavares. This is undeniable and is clear as day even with minimal viewing.

Totally true. Marner is so clearly better than Draisaitl it shouldn't be a poll.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Marner is the best defensive forward on Toronto so far this season, and if it wasn't for Haseklevskiy he would've had a few more points tonight.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
No, what's classic is that you called marner one dimensional showing your lack of knowledge and been back peddling ever since.
back peddling? I clearly stated in my next post I was trying to make a point. If your only argument for taking Marner over Drai is the misconception that Drai can't center his own line and only produces as a product of McDavid, then your argument is weak

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Give me Draisaitl.

Big two way C. Can produce with or without McDavid. Has one of the best backhand passes in the league and a great shot (unlike Marner's muffin).

Expect him to zip by Marner in points here rather quickly while bringing a much better 200ft all around game to the table.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
back peddling? I clearly stated in my next post I was trying to make a point. If your only argument for taking Marner over Drai is the misconception that Drai can't center his own line and only produces as a product of McDavid, then your argument is weak
I didn't make an argument for either or, was pointing out the fact that you clearly don't know enough about marner to make an unbiased opinion but that won't stop you will it. Also I'm a fan of drai. I see him as a high end complementary peace where as marner can be the guy to drive the offense.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Just as clueless as the leafs fans who think Drai is a product of McDavid. Like it's pretty obvious that you don't watch any western conference teams, let alone the Oilers

I think it's great Leafs have elite C's in Matthews and Tavares who can carry around the very average and small one dimentional winger in Marner and a money greedy swede in Nylander.
Great C depth, best in the NHL!
Yikes :slaugh:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Why are people holding it against Draisaitl for playing with McDavid when Marner plays with Tavares on a much better team?

I think it's pretty even and wouldn't hold it against anyone for picking either one. Marner does seem more explosive.

Reactions: Former Referee 68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad