Marner or Draisaitl

Better player

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Lol. He has had the supporting cast of McDavid. That is a fact.

I know exactly what I am talking about.

The only easy thing here is Marner > Draisaitl
Dude, I don't understand how on earth you expect people to take you seriously on here. Drai has spent time centering the 2nd line, where he was playing between 4th liners/AHL quality players. You of course wouldn't know that

You would literally say Kapanen>Drai if there was a poll.

You claim Matthews is on the same tier as McDavid.
You state Tavares is a top 7-8 Centre in the league.
You state Rielly is an elite #1 D-man.
You state Marner is 10X the player Drai is.
You state Kadri is a #1 Centre.
You state Kapanen is a 1st line winger.
You state Nylander is an elite top line winger.

You then go on to say we should discredit Drai due to his supporting cast, discrediting Marner is foolish though because in your words he's "the best playmaker in the game"

Can you contradict yourself and be biased any more than you are ?

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Marner has only played with JT for 30 games.

And Drai does not play with AHL players. He has played 4 years with McDavid.
Year 1: Rookie who was buried on the third line with no support. Also gets sent down
Year 2: Still technically a rookie where he starts in the A, then plays with Taylor Hall all season
Year 3: Starts off as a C, the chemistry with McDavid is discovered and became NHL's top scoring DUO
Year 4: Stapled with McDavid due to terrible roster and coaching
Year 5: ??

[Mod]
remember that time Marner outscored Drai? oh wait.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mar 26, 2010
Dude, I don't understand how on earth you expect people to take you seriously on here. Drai has spent time centering the 2nd line, where he was playing between 4th liners/AHL quality players. You of course wouldn't know that

You state Rielly is an elite #1 D-man. You state Marner is 10X the player Drai is.

You then go on to say we should discredit Drai due to his supporting cast, discrediting Marner is foolish though because in your words he's "the best playmaker in the game"

I don’t care what all the Leaf haters think on here. Apparently you have me confused with somebody who gives a f***. I am going to support Toronto no matter what you say.

1. So now Tavares is not a top 7-8 C in the NHL? That is funny, last year before he was traded to the Leafs he was ranked #4 in the NHL. Now that he is a Leaf on pace for a 50-60 goal season... he is not a #8 C in the league. Hilarious.

2. Rielly is a #1 D man. He ranked the #4 in the NHL!

Link from NHL.com
Fantasy defenseman top 50 rankings for 2018-19

3. I never said that Kadri is a #1 on every team. He is coming off back to back 32 goal seasons, but has had a tough start this season. I said he would be a #1 on a couple of the weaker teams.

4. Kapanen is a top 6 F. All day long. That kid is money!

5. Nylander is an elite winger who also plays C. He has played 4 games this year and you are pissing on him. Wow.

6. Finally... Marner is better than Drai. Also Matthews is a hell of a player!

You just hate the Leafs and everything about them.

Reactions: thunder16

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Draisaitl showed his potential that postseason. His size is something tocover, like Rantanen. That combination of speed and power... dominant.

Unfortunately it's a tough comparison because Edmonton is simply terrible whereas Toronto is a deadly offensive force.

Simply terrible yet we are 1-1 against Boston this year and just passed you in the standings. Well played sir!

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
you realize same can be said the other way?
I said this before but no one cared to respond, probably because they know the answer. How would Marner look with Cagguila and Reider? or ANY Oilers winger for that matter.
If you put Marner on McDavids wing, he would automatically become a product of McDavid, which is what Leafs fans falsely claim what Drai is

Also how would Drai look with Tavares or Nylander or Kap? Put Drai in the Marner's position and even you know that his production would be equal or greater

So now all of a sudden Kapanen is a top notch player, HF folks change their mind like crazy. I already told you, Marner carried Bozak and JVR to fat pay cheques. Draisatl hasn’t proven that at all for anything but minor spells

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Agree here. Marner is the conductor.
I didn't vote can't I like both players and can't decide tie for me
LikelyMiniatureFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
So now all of a sudden Kapanen is a top notch player, HF folks change their mind like crazy. I already told you, Marner carried Bozak and JVR to fat pay cheques. Draisatl hasn’t proven that at all for anything but minor spells
He carried JVR to a paycheck? When, since 2013 when be put up 30 goals? I mean he put up 136 goals from 2013 to 2018, I don't think Marner carried him anywhere.

I also don't think a guy who's career high is 69 points is changing a whole lot of career's. Not as of now anyways.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
He carried JVR to a paycheck? When, since 2013 when be put up 30 goals? I mean he put up 136 goals from 2013 to 2018, I don't think Marner carried him anywhere..

His goal production rate with Marner versus the years you quoted went up 26%. For reference sake, that would be the equivalent difference of Draisatl having a career high of 97 instead of 77.

I also don't think a guy who's career high is 69 points is changing a whole lot of career's. Not as of now anyways.

By the same age Draisatl had a career high of 51.....so 35% difference? Basically Marner needs 36 PTS in his next 50 GP to match what Drasaitl did at the same age (which to date is Draisatl's career high). Barring injury, should be a cake walk (his pace has him on track to better it by 36%). Would actually be kind of odd if he "bettered" him two years in a row by age by almost the exact same percent (35 and 36).

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Oilers sit at 9th overall and have gone 8-1-1 in their last 10. They took Winnipeg to OT with 4 defensemen. Right now three of their top 5 defensemen are on the IR.

That is a tiny sample size. Edmonton just is not good. No debate.

It works in Draisaitl's favor this poll.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I voted marner,but it really is like deciding which of your favorite dessert to have . Seriously ,both are excellent players. These 'divide and conquer ' threads are a amusing at best. However, i would like to see what McDavid and Marner could do together,perhaps on a Team Canada one day!

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I'd wager that 80%+ of the Leafs fanbase disagrees with you there.

I don't think Marner is being carried by JT. I also don't think Drai is carries by McDavid.

It's just absolutely ridiculous to suggest only Drai benefits from the current situation he is in.
He's not. A good 2nd line center for sure but definitely not a 1st.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

You state Rielly is an elite #1 D-man.
You state Marner is 10X the player Drai is.

Could you supply us with proof of these statements?

1) is tavares not a top 10 center anymore? He was voted top4 a couple of months ago

2) You joking about rielly being an elite #1 makes you look extremely silly

3) nylander isnt an elite top line winger? Lol

Just stop Kid. Its sad

Edit: also rich of you to accuse someone of homer voting. You would vote for the oil over the leaf even if it was rielly vs nurse lol

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I voted marner,but it really is like deciding which of your favorite dessert to have . Seriously ,both are excellent players. These 'divide and conquer ' threads are a amusing at best. However, i would like to see what McDavid and Marner could do together,perhaps on a Team Canada one day!

Agreed. Both are very good. I might give Draisatl an edge in that he's shown what he can do over 82 but when I look at comparisons by age, I'd lean to Marner. Either way, 100% happy to have Marner. I said several times before the season started I expect him to lead the team in scoring more often than either Tavares or Matthews while simultaneously not necessarily being their best overall player, so nice problem to have. Throw in that he is historically a beast in playoffs plus a puck hound and consider me sold.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Could you supply us with proof of these statements?

1) is tavares not a top 10 center anymore? He was voted top4 a couple of months ago

2) You joking about rielly being an elite #1 makes you look extremely silly

3) nylander isnt an elite top line winger? Lol

Just stop Kid. Its sad

Edit: also rich of you to accuse someone of homer voting. You would vote for the oil over the leaf even if it was rielly vs nurse lol
You missed the point of his post. He was saying how you guys state that Toronto has a wealth of talent, then state that Draisaitl has a better supporting cast.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That is a tiny sample size. Edmonton just is not good. No debate.

It works in Draisaitl's favor this poll.

The 9th overall is based on the entire season, not just the last 10 games.

They had 104 points with a very similar core. Last year they played most of the season with their top three defensemen injured and terrible goaltending. This year they started out with terrible goaltending and a coach who simply refused to make any adjustments. A new coach and playing the right goalie have made a huge difference and the team is playing much more like they did in 2016-2017.

No one is planning the parade but ignoring the reality of where they are does not make your point correct. At this point they are an average team that can be better than that if they are healthy.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
I don’t care what all the Leaf haters think on here. Apparently you have me confused with somebody who gives a ****. I am going to support Toronto no matter what you say.

1. So now Tavares is not a top 7-8 C in the NHL? That is funny, last year before he was traded to the Leafs he was ranked #4 in the NHL. Now that he is a Leaf on pace for a 50-60 goal season... he is not a #8 C in the league. Hilarious.

2. Rielly is a #1 D man. He ranked the #4 in the NHL!

Link from NHL.com
Fantasy defenseman top 50 rankings for 2018-19

3. I never said that Kadri is a #1 on every team. He is coming off back to back 32 goal seasons, but has had a tough start this season. I said he would be a #1 on a couple of the weaker teams.

4. Kapanen is a top 6 F. All day long. That kid is money!

5. Nylander is an elite winger who also plays C. He has played 4 games this year and you are pissing on him. Wow.

6. Finally... Marner is better than Drai. Also Matthews is a hell of a player!

You just hate the Leafs and everything about them.

Umm, I think you proved @ManitobaKid point. You can’t point to Drai’s point total and talent and contribute it to Mcdavid, when you don’t do the same to Marner since he plays with some damn good players.

Now i gotta wash my mouth out for defending an Oilers fan...

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Marner better than Drai defensively is a good one.

Zoomed by Marner in points as well like he was standing still.

Both are great players but there's a lot of hyperbole when it comes to Marner and a lot of discounting Draisaitl due to the fact that he plays with McDavid a good chunk. Anybody that watches the team, not just the highlights, realizes that they both feed off of each other and make each other better.

Reactions: Connor McConnor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad