Salary Cap: Marner Deal Discussion Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
good post

and to the bolded , what else can they do ? if they did already offer 11m x 8yrs they've already caved just like they did with the rest of our high priced players

and i doubt MM's camp is taking the leak about Dube exploring deals seriously since he didn't have the balls to trade Nylander and Dube leaked that he was exploring trades during that contract negotiation as well

Dube ****ed up right from the get go with our cap , he should have made JT a 9,9.5m offer and then walked away if he didn't accept instead of giving him 11m and having the kids use him as an internal comparable .

No debate from me on that one, the fact he's reportedly turning down 11M×8 is a sign of just how bad this **** has become, that's a massive overpayment as is and that's still not enough

Let him sit, I'm willing to sit him out and entire year if it comes to it

I just hope Dubas has come to that conclusion to

Reactions: Dragao6

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Lets rephrase this properly.

I would rather have nylander + kapanen + johnsson + 1rhd + free agent signings than marner.

I like depth. Especially for our defence.

Your more than welcome to show me a lineup with marner at 11 mill for next year with the cap at 82 mill.

I'd rather have Marner + Nylander + 1rhd + <1M signings/prospects than nylander + kapanen + johnsson + 1rhd + free agent signings

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Lets go through this excercise, yet again. How many U22 players have scored 94+ points in the last 25 years?

Shall we also go through how much cap space trouble we'd be in if we were to give Marner $11M+, again?

I rather we have a solid all around team than a bunch of superstars and scrubs. Depth wins championships.

How many superstars do the Blues have again?

Reactions: glue

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Was Ryan O'Rielly insensible when he wanted to sign for 10.4% of the cap after only one season > 55 pts?

I don't think Marner is being insensible. He's trying to take advantage of this opportunity to make money... like the majority of other players in the NHL.

This is a concept I've been wondering about lately. In the NBA, fans don't complain when players demand and recieve the Max contract. However, in the NHL, when players want to get compensated for what they bring to the team, people have a fit.

I think he was sensible. Comparable production to Krecji 5v5. But would need to have an example of what one thinks is a sensible 10.5% signing.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Lets rephrase this properly.

I would rather have nylander + kapanen + johnsson + 1rhd + free agent signings than marner.

I like depth. Especially for our defence.

Your more than welcome to show me a lineup with marner at 11 mill for next year with the cap at 82 mill.
and i'd rather we had a much younger Marner instead of JT in you're scenario

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Day has been ruined if this rumor is true.

Hopefully Nylander is in his front yard doing cardio still. Dude will need to step up big time next season if this gets ugly.

I'm hoping Friedman is just trolling. How does he have this information? 8 x 11, take that and run Marner, wtf.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
You think tying up HALF of our cap on 4 players is not a problem??

Like I said, how many superstars do the Blues have again? Depth wins championships.

No, I don't think it'll be a problem. First of all, it isn't half. And second of all, we can make it work.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Would anyone do Marner for Pesce and TT?

giphy.gif

Reactions: supermann_98

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Saw this online and I like it
If Marner signs an offersheet for 11.5M lets say, you take the 4 first round picks.
Then you immediately turn around and offersheet Laine for 8.5M, which would be 2 firsts, a second and a third I believe.
This leaves 3M extra cap room to sign Kapanen
So essentially your trading Marner, 2 firsts, a second, and a third
In return you get Laine, 4 first rounders, and keep Kapanen

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner won't be happy unless he's a top-3 paid player in the league :laugh:

Pure blasphemy.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Shall we also go through how much cap space trouble we'd be in if we were to give Marner $11M+, again?

I rather we have a solid all around team than a bunch of superstars and scrubs. Depth wins championships.

How many superstars do the Blues have again?
Any team with:
Matthews
Marner
Nylander
Reilly
Andersen

Can win.

Reactions: Havoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events