Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
i've come to realize that Dubas is perfect so this couldn't be his hire even though he's connected to Dube's boi Clark
It might be his hire. I think Dubas is far from perfect too, so we are in disagreement.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Or he was able to be one of the more successful developmental coaches in the USHL when he took over.

His resume, while brief, is still impressive nonetheless.

Not everything has to be nepotism...

This isn't what nepotism is. That involves family relatives. This is something else and let me be clear I think there's nothing wrong with it. But let's face it, the theoretical best person for the job is statistically unlikely to be someone who is a friendly acquaintance or friend. However hiring from that close circle is extremely wise IMO and those who don't, do so at their own peril.

I'll be more overt in my suggestion here. Wes Clark's desision in hiring/recommending Moore seems highly questionable at this point. Dubas has no direct connection to Moore other than hiring Clark.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
When is Casey Dornbach a free agent? Does he have to go the full 4 years? He's the 3rd wheel on the Drury/Abruzzese line at 22 years old, on the smaller side but has made some crazy skilled plays in the limited action I have seen him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Oh well the Marlies sucked and were going to be done anyways. Should be a very different looking team next year.
True. Also Moore could use this long off season to rethink his coaching. I don't think he gets fired.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He should have Barron beat. He's a year younger and put up 12 more points in just 2 more games.

Not sure about the goaltender but Abruzzese also plays on a much worse team. Clarkson is the 7th ranked team and Cornell is 1st overall in the NCAA.

The goaltender is a 95', so he is much older. Barron is only half a year older.

Also, being top ranked in the NCAA does not mean much, because I can tell you right now that a lot of those top ranked teams probably will not end up winning against the powerhouses that are ranked lower. It is just the powerhouses have to go up against eachother more often.

Cornell/Clarkson are 1 and 2 in the ECAC, while Harvard is 5th. What is interesting though is that both of those teams have very little in terms of NHL potential talent, while Harvard has a bunch. I guess having an average goalie makes you an average team regardless of what else is in front of him, because that is really the only area those two teams have Harvard beat.

What I find really interesting is that Matt Galajda was not considered. He was the best Ivey-League player of the year (over Abruzzese and Barron) yet is not in the running over those two for the best in the Conference? If he was not small, he would probably garner a significant amount of NHL interest this year. Probably will regardless.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Abruzzese on the all rookie team. When your nominated for player of the year as a rookie, you are making this team.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
If the AHL remains uncanceled, could that be a potential short-term hub for our inactive Euros? Even though Rasanen wasn't a regular on Jokerit, they've now pulled themselves from the KHL playoffs so there's zero chance he's getting anymore KHL games this year. Could Ras be brought in on a loan for the last stretch of the Marlies season? Assuming other European teams follow suit.

The sooner we can get Rasanen and Greenway in the AHL the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad