Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Korshkov scored the OT winner for Lokomotiv on a net front clean-up play. Up to 22 points in 32 games in the KHL.

2 more points than Barabanov last season in 11 less games.
To add: 82% of Korshkov's production comes at even strength. He only has 4 points on the PP (assists) and all 11 of his goals are scored 5on5.

Pretty interesting how closely he compares to some of the best undrafted, free wallet FA's to come out of Russia in a long time.

Age 24-25:
  • Panarin (.96PPG) - NHL
  • Barabanov (.79PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.72PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.70PPG) - KHL

Age 23-24:
  • Panarin (1.14PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.70PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.57PPG) - AHL, NHL debut
  • Barabanov (.47PPG) - KHL

[22-23: injured & only played 19 GP)

Age 21-22:
  • Korshkov (.50PPG) - KHL
  • Barabanov (.42PPG) - KHL
  • Panarin (.42PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.35PPG) - KHL

Age 20-21:
  • Panarin (.62PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.53PPG) - KHL
  • Barabanov (.40PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.33PPG) - VHL

He's all but guaranteed to be an NHL regular.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I'd like to talk about Kral.

He's playing against men for the first time since he was 17 years old, playing significant minutes (18:54) with insane zone starts (35.2%) and he's putting up a respectable rel.CF% (-3.4%) on a horrible team in the league that by NHLe standards is top-5 (similar to Liiga) in the world. Not to mention he has a respectable NHLe with his production being slightly more impressive than Kosters and slightly behind Niemela.

For reference his team is last in the league in CF%, last in GF, T-2nd last in GA. This teams an absolute pile of dogshit and he's not only getting crushed in how they're using him, but he's holding his head relatively close to water, increasing his rel.CF% all three times I've updated my lists while his zone starts continue to get harder.

Yeah I got slightly concerned, but after looking at it yesterday, his rel.CF% improved while his zone stats got ridiculously harder. The team is downright garbage as well. You compare his situation to Rasanen, and there is big difference. Kral is still managing to stay relatively level while Rasanen is just bad.

Reactions: Morgs

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I think he has a future in the NHL. He seems to pick up his game when he doesn't play with junior players.

He's leading our entire prospect pool in NHLe while just turning 20 two months ago in the second best league in the world. He was good last year, he's been great this year. Moving up my prospect list really quickly.
Thanks I’ve never actually seen him play just a few highlights and stats sorry if this is a dumb question but what’s NHLe stand for? I’ve seen it before but was never really sure what it meant lol

Reactions: Mad hatter

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Thanks I’ve never actually seen him play just a few highlights and stats sorry if this is a dumb question but what’s NHLe stand for? I’ve seen it before but was never really sure what it meant lol

He's a fun player to watch. Eyes on the back of his head type passer. His issue in junior seems to be that nobody can handle his passes, but whenever he plays with top-level players (Robertson/KHL) he seems to really stand out.

No worries. It stands for NHL equivalency. Its what a players production would be in the NHL based on an 82 game schedule.

Its a formula that takes the players PPG and equates it based on the league they play in regards to the difficulty into how they'd do in the NHL.

Here are the top-6 leagues in the world outside of the NHL based on their mean NHL equivalency:

1. KHL - .617
2. SHL - .489
3. AHL - .412
4. CZE - .397
5. NLA - .375
6. Liiga - .362

Here's a write up on it if you want to learn more: https://cj-turtoro.shinyapps.io/NNHLe-writeup/

If youd like to see the Leafs prospects NHLe this season (in order) I have them listed at the top of page 42.

Reactions: peconcan

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Is Kokkonen or Niemela better

Edit: actually could someone compare the two:

I have them ranked almost identically. I think I have Kokkonen ranked #7 and Niemela ranked #8 in our prospect pool.

Kokkonen is playing bigger minutes, and his zone starts are like 20% tougher than Niemela, with his rel.CF% through the roof on a terrible team. He's a #1 defenseman at 19 thats crushing it in arguably a top-5 league outside the NHL. Dont let his offensive numbers fool you, he does things right even in the offensive zone; his team just sucks.

Niemela to me is a modern day NHL defenseman in every sense. Fantastic at stopping guys at the blue line, great neutral zone player, isnt afraid to play the body. He hasnt proved near as much as Kokkonen, but he is a year younger and Kokko was trash in his D+1. He's playing easy minutes on a good team in Liiga and absolutely crushing them to the point it's clear he can (and should) be playing higher in the lineup.

They should be the 2nd and 3rd best defenseman on team Finland after Heinola.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
After going scoreless yesterday, ovechkinov has a goal and an apple in the first period. He has completed 2 out of 3 cross-seam passes in the high danger scoring area.

He also pks now.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
After going scoreless yesterday, ovechkinov has a goal and an apple in the first period. He has completed 2 out of 3 cross-seam passes in the high danger scoring area.

He also pks now.
He made up for yesterday's scoreless game in the 1st:laugh:
Pretty sure he has been pking for some time though.

Reactions: Prominence

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I think he’s a much better prospect than dzerkials (who was also a ppg player in the mhl in his draft year). Smarter and more versatile.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Mike koster plays later today. No lacombe, faber or johnson as they are at wjc camp while michigan is missing beecher, bordeleau, brisson and cam york.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
SDA still out today. Hopefully the injury isn't long term. He was doing so well you don't want it to be halted. I don't think it's serious because in his interview, he sounded pretty cheerful and happy so we'll see.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
To add: 82% of Korshkov's production comes at even strength. He only has 4 points on the PP (assists) and all 11 of his goals are scored 5on5.

Pretty interesting how closely he compares to some of the best undrafted, free wallet FA's to come out of Russia in a long time.

Age 24-25:
  • Panarin (.96PPG) - NHL
  • Barabanov (.79PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.72PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.70PPG) - KHL

Age 23-24:
  • Panarin (1.14PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.70PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.57PPG) - AHL, NHL debut
  • Barabanov (.47PPG) - KHL

[22-23: injured & only played 19 GP)

Age 21-22:
  • Korshkov (.50PPG) - KHL
  • Barabanov (.42PPG) - KHL
  • Panarin (.42PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.35PPG) - KHL

Age 20-21:
  • Panarin (.62PPG) - KHL
  • Korshkov (.53PPG) - KHL
  • Barabanov (.40PPG) - KHL
  • Mikheyev (.33PPG) - VHL

He's all but guaranteed to be an NHL regular.

Surprised he doesn’t have pp goals, I thought he was supposed to be a great pp net front presence ala Smyth, JVR, Simmonds etc.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
18 goals in an 82 game season. Still very good for a guy we expect on the 4th line in a year, but let's not get casuals thinking he can score 30.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008

Love that he's cutting in, using his skill, reach and speed.

I was down on him as a prospect, and don't really see much upside out of him because he's already 24.

BUT

If he had no affiliation with us as a team and was a UFA KHL player by the end of this year, I think NHL teams would be knocking.

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Love that he's cutting in, using his skill, reach and speed.

I was down on him as a prospect, and don't really see much upside out of him because he's already 24.

BUT

If he had no affiliation with us as a team and was a UFA KHL player by the end of this year, I think NHL teams would be knocking.

They'd be knocking but I don't think any of them would be keen on trading 31st overall for 1-2 years of his rights before UFA. As a free wallet, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad