Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVPMatthews

Feb 11, 2021
I wonder if push came to shove and we had to trade away one of our B level prospects who it would be

Niemela, Hirvonen, Kokkonen, Hallander .

Just like when we traded away other B prospects like Durzi for the Muzzin trade

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
It's pretty exciting that Robertson is only 2 points behind the AHL leader, and that Lilly is on a 62pts/82 pace right now.

Less exciting that Mac Hollowell has 0 points in 9gp :( I expected him to take a step towards being a fringe NHLer this season. I really liked his game with the Soo, always stood out to me when they were in town.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I wonder if push came to shove and we had to trade away one of our B level prospects who it would be

That would probably depend more on what the other team wanted.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's pretty exciting that Robertson is only 2 points behind the AHL leader, and that Lilly is on a 62pts/82 pace right now.

Less exciting that Mac Hollowell has 0 points in 9gp :( I expected him to take a step towards being a fringe NHLer this season. I really liked his game with the Soo, always stood out to me when they were in town.

That's quite the list of rookie scorers in the AHL right now.

Seth Jarvis (half of Leafs nation groans at his mention, and their correct desire to want to draft him) 11 points in nine games AHL SCORING LEADER
Nathan Todd (Who the f is this guy?) 25 year old ECHL vet, undrafted from Kemptville ON... 10 points in 9 games. Nathan Todd at eliteprospects.com
Zegras 9 points in eight games
Drysdale 9 points in eight games.
Roberston 9 points in nine games.

20th in rookie scoring, Byfield, one goal, five assists in ten games. Top two NHL draft picks in 2020 not having a great start to their pro careers. Stutzle doing quite well though.

Roberston in great company.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's quite the list of rookie scorers in the AHL right now.

Seth Jarvis (half of Leafs nation groans at his mention, and their correct desire to want to draft him) 11 points in nine games AHL SCORING LEADER
Nathan Todd (Who the f is this guy?) 25 year old ECHL vet, undrafted from Kemptville ON... 10 points in 9 games. Nathan Todd at eliteprospects.com
Zegras 9 points in eight games
Drysdale 9 points in eight games.
Roberston 9 points in nine games.

20th in rookie scoring, Byfield, one goal, five assists in ten games. Top two NHL draft picks in 2020 not having a great start to their pro careers. Stutzle doing quite well though.

Roberston in great company.

I am so glad Ottawa didn't draft Drysdale. That kid looks like a young Neidermayer during his Kamloops days.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007

My guess as well as preference would be Kokkonen or Hirvonen. Kokkonen seems to have a good floor but not sure about the upside. I feel like that would hurt his value in a trade offer. And nothing against Hirvonen, I just feel he would be the most expendable when you have other prospects such as Robertson, Amirov and Miettinen.

I'm also curious as to how the negotiations went with LA. Like I wonder if Dubas would have preferred to give up Korshkov over Grundstrom (likely) and if so, would he have had to upgrade Durzi to Liljegren.

So choosing giving up Liljegren + Korshkov or Durzi + Grundstrom.

And I wonder if that type of choice could come up this year.

For example Sandin + Abruzzese or Kral + Amirov

Just a thought.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
My guess as well as preference would be Kokkonen or Hirvonen. Kokkonen seems to have a good floor but not sure about the upside. I feel like that would hurt his value in a trade offer. And nothing against Hirvonen, I just feel he would be the most expendable when you have other prospects such as Robertson, Amirov and Miettinen.

I'm also curious as to how the negotiations went with LA. Like I wonder if Dubas would have preferred to give up Korshkov over Grundstrom (likely) and if so, would he have had to upgrade Durzi to Liljegren.

So choosing giving up Liljegren + Korshkov or Durzi + Grundstrom.

And I wonder if that type of choice could come up this year.

For example Sandin + Abruzzese or Kral + Amirov

Just a thought.
Its an interesting take. I totally agree, I think when we are talking about trading away a B level prospect it would not be a Neimela. Very hard to believe they would get rid of him after his showing at the WJC. I think if we were to have to include a good B level prospect it would be Abruzzese, Kokonen, Hirvonen, Hallander. Of course those are not overly sexy prospects, but they are still very intriguing names. Similar in value to what Durzi and Grundstrom were at the time of their departures.

I personally think our main piece in the deal should be our 1st rounder(s). The big 4 prospects (Sandin, Lilly, Robby, and Rodian) are untouchable for me, and I would even include Topi in that group as well. I am usually not a fan of getting rid of first round picks, but we have drafted so well outside of the 1st round in recent years, that it has afforded us the ability to expend some draft capital IMO. That combined with the fact that we are more than likely drafting late in the 1st, I value our top 5 prospects far more than that unknown pick personally.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Its an interesting take. I totally agree, I think when we are talking about trading away a B level prospect it would not be a Neimela. Very hard to believe they would get rid of him after his showing at the WJC. I think if we were to have to include a good B level prospect it would be Abruzzese, Kokonen, Hirvonen, Hallander. Of course those are not overly sexy prospects, but they are still very intriguing names. Similar in value to what Durzi and Grundstrom were at the time of their departures.

I personally think our main piece in the deal should be our 1st rounder(s). The big 4 prospects (Sandin, Lilly, Robby, and Rodian) are untouchable for me, and I would even include Topi in that group as well. I am usually not a fan of getting rid of first round picks, but we have drafted so well outside of the 1st round in recent years, that it has afforded us the ability to expend some draft capital IMO. That combined with the fact that we are more than likely drafting late in the 1st, I value our top 5 prospects far more than that unknown pick personally.

I agree with giving up a 2021 1st over those 4 propects. And even though it would be his 3rd 1st traded in 3 years, Dubas has made up for it. Robertson is essentially a 2019 1st rounder and he got a 1st back in the Kap trade.

I also have my personal concerns with trading Topi and Hallander. Niemela is a mix of WJC recency bias (guilty as charged) and the pain of always searching for a good RHD prospect lately. Hallander, if he can lock in that two-way 3LC role for a long time, would alleviate the talk/need for one each year.

But I also know you have to give to get. I also may not be giving Hirvonen, Abramov and Kokkonen enough credit as I gush over Niemela and Hallander, but those 2 plus the 4 you mentioned are the 6 I hope to retain.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
I'm not speaking in definitives either. If you want to accuse me of that, the same can be said of you. I took offense to you stating that the guy was being ignorant when no one's opinion here is more valid than anyone else's.
I have not spoken in definitive but if you chose to see it that way I can’t open your eyes for you. Have a good one mate

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

The young guys for me. Niemela with his WJC performance in comparison to Kokkonen's and then the age factor. Hirvonen I like the way he plays, I feel he is well rounded and he translates better to a top-9 vs. bottom-6 role for Hallander. They may not be as polished defensively and Hirvonen for instance lacks size, but I'd bet on them and be more willing to move the other two.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Some people might remember I did this 2 years ago, and I was going to do it again last year before Covid happened. Let’s start it again.
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs. I will add the other leagues when their playoffs start.
Updated March 3rd

Games today

Game 1: Bars Kazan wins 2-1 in OT
Bars Kazan leads 1-0
Game 1: Tractor wins 3-1
Tractor leads 1-0

KHL

1st Round: Bars Kazan(1) vs Nizhny(8)
Bars Kazan leads 1-0
SDA (Nizhny)
Series:
GP 1 Goals Assists Points SOG TOI 13:22
Playoffs:
GP 1 Goals Assists Points SOG TOI 13:22
Regular season:
GP 17 Goals 2 Assists 4 Points 6 SOG 29 TOI 14:34
1st Round: Salavat(4) vs Tractor(5)
Tractor leads 1-0
Rodion Amirov (Salavat)
Series:
GP 1 Goals Assists Points SOG 2 TOI 13:29
Playoffs:
GP 1 Goals Assists Points SOG 2 TOI 13:29
Regular season:
GP 39 Goals 9 Assists 4 Points 13 SOG 73 TOI 13:54
VHL
1st Round: Dinamo(7) vs Bars(10)
Dinamo leads 3-2
Artur (Bars)
Series:
GP 2 SV% .887 GAA 3.50 SO
Playoffs:
GP 2 SV% .887 GAA 3.50 SO
Regular season:
GP 14 SV% .927 GAA 1.90 SO 1

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I am so glad Ottawa didn't draft Drysdale. That kid looks like a young Neidermayer during his Kamloops days.
Agreed with everything, to me it was obvious they overthunk the 5th pick after hitting a home run on the 3rd. Drysdale was always the vastly more skilled player, but Sanderson’s bloodlines and “intangibles” won out, thankfully for us. One of the best skating defenseman out there recently along with makar, Hughes and Heiskenen and like them always head up, looking to make a creative play to generate offense

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Changes: McMann in for McKenna up front. McCourt in for Duszak on defence.
D'Agostini starts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad