Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - It's finally puckdrop, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Cheeks ain't saying Marshy is going to be a top 8 player, just that he didn't like the trade. I didn't either, but I also don't think Marchment even makes our current team when healthy. I don't think anyone is losing any sleep (yet).
Thank you! And agreed with the depth we’ve acquired he likely wouldn’t see much if any time.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
People were on Veseys case over 5 games look now he’s still bad lmao

There are threads whining about literally everyone. They are not exactly the best evaluators of talent.

3 points 4 games seems to be doing something better than 6th best league in the world

Good for him. Travis Boyd had 4 points in his first 3 games. Doesn't change the fact that he is easily the worst forward the Leafs ice on any given day.

If we made judgements on players in ~10 game stretches, Simmonds and Bogosian would have been waived by now. Both sucked for the first 10 games of this season. We would have traded Nylander like 20 times over by now. Liljegren and Sandin would not get another shot. I could go on.

Marchment is not a guy who has the skill or skating ability to be in the NHL. He wouldn't even crack our lineup. Florida just lacks better options right now and he has been able to rack up some assists on some fairly basic plays. Malgin already has 192 NHL games (and 60 points) under his belt and he is 2 years younger than Marchment. Literally the only thing that Marchment has on Malgin is size.

Reactions: nuck

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
There are threads whining about literally everyone. They are not exactly the best evaluators of talent.

Good for him. Travis Boyd had 4 points in his first 3 games. Doesn't change the fact that he is easily the worst forward the Leafs ice on any given day.

If we made judgements on players in ~10 game stretches, Simmonds and Bogosian would have been waived by now. Both sucked for the first 10 games of this season. We would have traded Nylander like 20 times over by now. Liljegren and Sandin would not get another shot. I could go on.

Marchment is not a guy who has the skill or skating ability to be in the NHL. He wouldn't even crack our lineup. Florida just lacks better options right now and he has been able to rack up some assists on some fairly basic plays. Malgin already has 192 NHL games (and 60 points) under his belt and he is 2 years younger than Marchment. Literally the only thing that Marchment has on Malgin is size.
Again disagree but that’s okay! You do you I’ll do me and we’re gold

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Marchment wanted a chance at playing in the NHL and it wasn't going to happen under Babs' Leafs. Dubas might get hated for trading him but I think this was a deal more to give the player an opportunity to succeed instead of the team being selfish and hoarding players. I have no issues with it. It's not like we lost a superstar player. He's a heart and soul player and is having a fantastic season with the Cats right now. I think we should be happy for him.

He was traded when Keefe was in charge. Keefe gave him 4 games (which is 3 more games than a much better player in Korshkov received), he was clearly out of his depth in the NHL, and Dubas found an opportunity to get a guy with a lot more upside and skill in return for a guy who was likely going to be non-tendered after this year. If anything this was more about Florida giving Malgin a chance to compete elsewhere (and Malgin always dreamed of playing for the Leafs or Habs), since Quenneville doesn't like guys like him in his bottom 6 and he wasn't going to crack their top 6.

If we are really all that upset about losing Marchment, we literally have 6'6" Brazeau in the AHL we can sign at any time. He is a lot more skilled and has the same kind of issues (has size but lacks physicality, skating needs a ton of work, not great in his own end, etc.). Or we can go for a better, more well-rounded and versatile version in 6'5" Hudson Elynuik. He is actually good defensively and is a better skater, but has similar offensive upside.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
He was traded when Keefe was in charge. Keefe gave him 4 games (which is 3 more games than a much better player in Korshkov received), he was clearly out of his depth in the NHL, and Dubas found an opportunity to get a guy with a lot more upside and skill in return for a guy who was likely going to be non-tendered after this year. If anything this was more about Florida giving Malgin a chance to compete elsewhere (and Malgin always dreamed of playing for the Leafs or Habs), since Quenneville doesn't like guys like him in his bottom 6 and he wasn't going to crack their top 6.

If we are really all that upset about losing Marchment, we literally have 6'6" Brazeau in the AHL we can sign at any time. He is a lot more skilled and has the same kind of issues (has size but lacks physicality, skating needs a ton of work, not great in his own end, etc.). Or we can go for a better, more well-rounded and versatile version in 6'5" Hudson Elynuik. He is actually good defensively and is a better skater, but has similar offensive upside.
We even have the better skating, more skilled Sabourin on the Leafs.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I know this is kind of a long shot, and may not even benefit the team at all. But I read something on twitter the other day that Rodian Amirov is now leaning on coming to NA after his KHL season ends. Obviously that would mean he would have to sign an ELC. But I wonder if they would bring him over as a black ace/taxi squad guy once his playoffs are done. I remember prior to Christmas I had been reading something that he was looking to extend in UFA, so I never really thought of any other path for his development. But he would be far better suited playing a big role in NA with the Marlies next year IMO. And having him around the team during a playoff push could be really beneficial. Anyone know if this is even an option?

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I know this is kind of a long shot, and may not even benefit the team at all. But I read something on twitter the other day that Rodian Amirov is now leaning on coming to NA after his KHL season ends. Obviously that would mean he would have to sign an ELC. But I wonder if they would bring him over as a black ace/taxi squad guy once his playoffs are done. I remember prior to Christmas I had been reading something that he was looking to extend in UFA, so I never really thought of any other path for his development. But he would be far better suited playing a big role in NA with the Marlies next year IMO. And having him around the team during a playoff push could be really beneficial. Anyone know if this is even an option?
If he was willing to come over but still wasn't sure what he wanted to do next year, he could sign an ATO once his KHL season is over.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If he was willing to come over but still wasn't sure what he wanted to do next year, he could sign an ATO once his KHL season is over.
This is correct.
Likely, he signs an ELC that starts in 2021-2022 NHL season, and signs an ATO for the remainder of the 2021 season for the Marlies playoff run (if they have one). I dont know if an ATO would work for the playoffs.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
This is correct.
Likely, he signs an ELC that starts in 2021-2022 NHL season, and signs an ATO for the remainder of the 2021 season for the Marlies playoff run (if they have one). I dont know if an ATO would work for the playoffs.

Would he not want to burn a year off his ELC though?

We may sign him to an ELC and then get him to take over for Robertson, who will likely head back to the OHL at the same time as Amirov is done in the KHL.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
You’re being a little ignorant but that’s okay normally I like your posts. Malgin didn’t bring an ounce of skill for his tiny stature. We had more of the same in Petan who is better. If Malgin proves me wrong that’s great but Marchment is proving to be more than you’re making him out to be and if you can’t see it. I’ll take the W
Hes not being ignorant. 3 points in 4 games from a potential 4th liner means nothing. Thats all Marchment will ever be.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Would he not want to burn a year off his ELC though?

We may sign him to an ELC and then get him to take over for Robertson, who will likely head back to the OHL at the same time as Amirov is done in the KHL.

If he's in the AHL his ELC slides this season either way, no?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Okay pal. You have no clue lol

Have you heard of a thing called sample size?

Before he signed his extension Engvall looked like he had some offensive value

Turns out over a small sample you can get some unusual results and I'm willing to bet Marchment is nothing more than a fringe 4th liner

Because that's what he is, and I'm someone who thinks Malgin is a plug with zero redeeming qualities

That trade was a **** sandwich for a different type of **** sandwich

Reactions: Prominence

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Have you heard of a thing called sample size?

Before he signed his extension Engvall looked like he had some offensive value

Turns out over a small sample you can get some unusual results and I'm willing to bet Marchment is nothing more than a fringe 4th liner

Because that's what he is, and I'm someone who thinks Malgin is a plug with zero redeeming qualities

That trade was a **** sandwich for a different type of **** sandwich
Buddy I had an entire discussion if you don’t think I mentioned I understand sample size then I’m not going to re iterate. I understand both sides of the argument. I just have my preference as do many on my side and malgins side. People seem so hurt we prefer Marchment.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Buddy I had an entire discussion if you don’t think I mentioned I understand sample size then I’m not going to re iterate. I understand both sides of the argument. I just have my preference as do many on my side and malgins side. People seem so hurt we prefer Marchment.

Great for you, you prefer your **** sandwich made a different way
I hope you enjoy it :laugh:

They both suck by the way

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Great for you, you prefer your **** sandwich made a different way
I hope you enjoy it :laugh:
We both do I guess enjoy yours.
That’s a fair point for some I choose to have hope for my dude others their dude. Or neither for others lmao!

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
No one is hurt that you prefer him. Its the fact that you think he's anything more than a 4th liner. He's currently being gifted ice time that he shouldn't be getting. Have you seen Florida's bottom 6?

And if he somehow does continue to develop into an actual 3rd liner or miraculously, more than that, I don't think anyone will care. I'll be happy for him. Leafs have an embarrassment of riches so I wouldn't care if he succeeds on another team.

Leivo went and started out well on the Canucks, where is he now? I could give you more examples if I thought about it harder. Leipsic? Theres loads of other examples around the league too.

Lastly, no one was being ignorant but with you coming in here acting like your opinion deserves more validation and that its correct shows how ignorant and arrogant you're being, not us.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
No one is hurt that you prefer him. Its the fact that you think he's anything more than a 4th liner. He's currently being gifted ice time that he shouldn't be getting. Have you seen Florida's bottom 6?

And if he somehow does continue to develop into an actual 3rd liner or miraculously, more than that, I don't think anyone will care. I'll be happy for him. Leafs have an embarrassment of riches so I wouldn't care if he succeeds on another team.

Leivo went and started out well on the Canucks, where is he now? I could give you more examples if I thought about it harder. Leipsic? Theres loads of other examples around the league too.

Lastly, no one was being ignorant but with you coming in here acting like your opinion deserves more validation and that its correct shows how ignorant and arrogant you're being, not us.
You speaking in definitives is all I need to know about your hockey knowledge enjoy always being “right” man.

Grow up a little. I never started any argument with anyone. I just stated I didn’t like it. Not allowed I guess. :laugh:.You feel so offended apparently. It’s okay I’m more open to talking with people and hearing them. You can think you’re right which is fine. I don’t hate ya for it. Lastly Florida is a quality team watch some hockey you’ll see.

Last edited:

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
You speaking in definitives is all I need to know about your hockey knowledge enjoy always being “right” man.

Grow up a little. I never started any argument with anyone. I just stated I didn’t like it. Not allowed I guess. :laugh:.You feel so offended apparently. It’s okay I’m more open to talking with people and hearing them. You can think you’re right which is fine. I don’t hate ya for it. Lastly Florida is a quality team watch some hockey you’ll see.
I'm not speaking in definitives either. If you want to accuse me of that, the same can be said of you. I took offense to you stating that the guy was being ignorant when no one's opinion here is more valid than anyone else's.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Don’t listen to any of these guys, I didn’t like the Malgin trade either. I also don’t have an insightful reason based on the players. It just happened while I was in a bad mood, so I don’t care for it much. We can agree to disagree but if you don’t agree you’re clueless it’s just my opinion man.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
If the trade we are upset about is Marchment for Malgin, I think we are doing pretty good lmao

I'd argue the opposite..if we are arguing about this it's probably an issue lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad