Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects- Early Off Season time

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I read the article, it was amazing actually. I don't love many or get excited by most but that one was great. Abruzzese sounds like a player man.
Kloke said he heard from a few people that Abruzzeze might look to turn pro in 2021. It depends on how the 20/21 season goes.

To the article, Dubas has certainly valued IQ in his drafts, and Abruzzese is a good example.

Reactions: kb and hockeynorth

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario

Won't be signed to an ELC or AHL deal by TOR, but is still seeking out pro offers.

No word on Stotts yet.

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
Summary:
- Abruzzesse likes video, even video of himself practicing
- Focuses on his on-ice vision a lot
- Asks for a lot of feedback. Reminiscient of connor brown, hyman as marlies
- Ryan hardy is a big fan of him (Good ushl gm)
- his assistant coach is jim torterella (john’s brother), should mean nick should be able to handle pressure
- very instinctual, described as someone who can process the game quicker and better than most
- singled out for best thinker at ushl and collegiate
- quote by ryan hardy “Hi.s hocke.y IQ i.s o.n pa.r wit.h som.e o.f t.he be.st N?H.L playe.rs”

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Liljegren is one of the best defencemen in the AHL. This only proves that.

Liljegren is the Kapanen to Sandin/Robertson's Nylander/Marner. He simply can't be as good of prospect player as he looks because the Leafs simply can't be that flush with talent.

The guy is tracking every bit as well as the Morrissey/Theodore/Sanheim group that came up in the years before him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Jake Bean is actually a year older than Liljegren, and Liljegren had similar ES production. Bean was just better on the PP.

Bean still had the upperhand in ES.... 0.457 PPG vs. .0425 for Liljegren.

Bean is a fine prospect, more in the tradition of offensive defenseman. I think Liljegren is going to prove to be a two way guy, and in time, a fine defensive player, capable of time on the PK. He will put up ok points, but I don't think that's going to be his game. That Liljegren will be a good two way D, and is still putting up decent offensive numbers is the bonus to me.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bean still had the upperhand in ES.... 0.457 PPG vs. .0425 for Liljegren.

Bean is a fine prospect, more in the tradition of offensive defenseman. I think Liljegren is going to prove to be a two way guy, and in time, a fine defensive player, capable of time on the PK. He will put up ok points, but I don't think that's going to be his game. That Liljegren will be a good two way D, and is still putting up decent offensive numbers is the bonus to me.

He racked up a lot of secondary assists in that though. Liljegren was actually a little bit better when it came to primary points at ES, and remember that Bean was used as their primary offensive guy most of the year. Sandin was given more of the offensive opportunities/top PP minutes for the Marlies.

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
He racked up a lot of secondary assists in that though. Liljegren was actually a little bit better when it came to primary points at ES, and remember that Bean was used as their primary offensive guy most of the year. Sandin was given more of the offensive opportunities/top PP minutes for the Marlies.

I appreciate that. I'm just saying, that I think Liljegren is going to have a much more rounded game, be a good defensive guy, and that this offense, whatever it translates to in the NHL will be a bonus. If he actually ends up being as good as a Bean/Sandin offensively, and he continues to show growth in his defensive game, he could be top pairing... He still makes mistakes, but if he cleans that up, his positioning, and poise in the back end, results in a very high ceiling.

Reactions: kb and stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I appreciate that. I'm just saying, that I think Liljegren is going to have a much more rounded game, be a good defensive guy, and that this offense, whatever it translates to in the NHL will be a bonus. If he actually ends up being as good as a Bean/Sandin offensively, and he continues to show growth in his defensive game, he could be top pairing... He still makes mistakes, but if he cleans that up, his positioning, and poise in the back end, results in a very high ceiling.
I see him being a top 4 two way defenceman who can play both special teams. Keefe said the same thing before the stoppage.
He said Lilly takes time to get comfortable, but once he is, he is a really good player.

Reactions: kb

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The Islanders just signed Felix Bibeau, Cole Coskey, and Blade Jenkins to ELC's, so there are another three worse prospects than Stotts who just received ELC's.

Not saying other team's choices should impact the Leafs, but when multiple teams are signing inferior prospects to ELC's, that should say something about the quality of the prospect. However there are rumours they may extend the prospect signing deadline from June 1st to a later date.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The Islanders just signed Felix Bibeau, Cole Coskey, and Blade Jenkins to ELC's, so there are another three worse prospects than Stotts who just received ELC's.

Not saying other team's choices should impact the Leafs, but when multiple teams are signing inferior prospects to ELC's, that should say something about the quality of the prospect. However there are rumours they may extend the prospect signing deadline from June 1st to a later date.
Coskey sounds so familiar. Did we have him at dev. camp one year?

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
“The hockey man no longer works for the Maple Leafs, he who is currently working on a book whose first chapter will be devoted to the failures of the [Montreal Canadiens] in terms of development. Failures that discourage him.”

That’s going to be fun. And he goes on to s*** on poehling. It’s going to hurt a bit to lose jack han and then we used to have justin bourne. I’m definitely going to read his book.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Yea Laval has been a huge problem for the Habs that they don't seem too intent on correcting. I can't wait until they waste another 13 picks this year.

On the other side of the picture we had 14 regulars/ semi-regulars this year that were either drafted by us or played on the Marlies for an extended period of time.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Riley Stotts' rights expire tomorrow at 5.

Haven't heard the slightest thing about the direction they are learning here.

I hope he is retained, but I'm surprised it's going down to the wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad