Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects- Early Off Season time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Hopefully he gets more ice time that Kizimov. Maybe being a center (and more talented in general) will help his case. Torpedo is a middling team so there should be opportunities, especially when they need to play their best guys every night (one would hope SDA is one of those guys), but who knows if they prefer to play some of their own young guys over him.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Are Woll and Scott of the experience level that a sudden rise to starter status could be plausible? Could they compete if forced by injuries, or is it just too premature for either? I’m just envisioning a St. Louis situation happens and one steps up. Who is a better bet?

Last edited:

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Are Woll and Scott of the experience level that a sudden rise to starter status could be plausible? Could they compete if forced by injuries, or is it just too premature for either? Please show your work.

goalies are voodoo you really dont know what you have till you let them play in the nhl some just take the riegns and go others fumble and have t o get another chance later down the road. long story short we wont know till we allow them in to a few games to see

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hopefully he gets more ice time that Kizimov. Maybe being a center (and more talented in general) will help his case. Torpedo is a middling team so there should be opportunities, especially when they need to play their best guys every night (one would hope SDA is one of those guys), but who knows if they prefer to play some of their own young guys over him.

It wouldn't shock me, if he was loaned for the full season to them, if he's going to get playing time. It would be a good step up for him, and playing the whole year, is better than the question mark that is the AHL right now.

Also note... coolest jersey's around...

tn17__19588.1548847246.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It wouldn't shock me, if he was loaned for the full season to them, if he's going to get playing time. It would be a good step up for him, and playing the whole year, is better than the question mark that is the AHL right now.

Also note... coolest jersey's around...

tn17__19588.1548847246.jpg

Damn, I want one of those
That's a sweet jersey

Reactions: Fogelhund

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Are Woll and Scott of the experience level that a sudden rise to starter status could be plausible? Could they compete if forced by injuries, or is it just too premature for either? I’m just envisioning a St. Louis situation happens and one steps up. Who is a better bet?
Woll is closer in terms or age, maturity, experience and the fact that he actually played this year but neither is anywhere close to making any sort of impact in the NHL.

Scott has only played at the Junior level thus far and has missed an entire year to injruy. Groin and hip problems for a goalie are huge and after his recovery he has to begin to get his strength, mobility and flexibility back. Not to mention getting timing back on shots, dekes etc. All this while having to adjust to a new level where it will be faster and men shoot harder. Woll has only played 1 year in the AHL and was wildly inconsistent. Neither are close to being ready. I would say Woll is probably 2 years away and Scott at least 3.

Binnington had played 5 years in the AHL before he had got a shot.

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad