Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects- Early Off Season time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I like how you are quick to assign blame here. They need a team willing to give up roster spots for part time players who can leave at any point, and somehow that is a fail on Toronto's GM?

A dozen other GMs found spots in Europe for their top prospects this year. Dubas wasn’t able to, and now they will go 10 months+ without a single game played, bottom line. With so much uncertainty looming over the AHL season from the start, I would have even been ok with loaning them to Sweden until March. Not like they’ll miss much of the upcoming season in North America.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
A dozen other GMs found spots in Europe for their top prospects this year. Dubas wasn’t able to, and now they will go 10 months+ without a single game played, bottom line. With so much uncertainty looming over the AHL season from the start, I would have even been ok with loaning them to Sweden until March. Not like they’ll miss much of the upcoming season in North America.
Are you okay with Marincin playing 25-30 games again next year? because that's what you're asking for if you loaned Liljegren/Sandin to Sweden for the year.

Aside from that I think they're much better off working with out training and development staff, getting in some NHL games and playing AHL hockey over Sweden where we wouldn't control their development/role/ice time at all.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
See I think your missing some key points here. Maybe SHL don't want to open up roster spots for part timers? Also if you lose Sandin and Lilly until March, you're relying on Marincin again for depth as the other user mentioned. Probably not a good idea in a very important season for the team.

Reactions: hockeynorth

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
11th with Sandin excluded is extremely good, although I am not sure about some of his rankings
Yeah if I were to to do a full breakdown of every team, I would have the Leafs near 11th so in the top 15 range.
The rankings are a bit strange.

Miettinen as the 4th ranked prospect is interesting. The article about this kid on the Athletic got my ears perked up and excited to see his progress in the next few years as he's definitely got a nose for the net
He would have been a fine pick in the 3rd round, so getting him lower was good value. His NCAA progress will be interesting.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Are you okay with Marincin playing 25-30 games again next year? because that's what you're asking for if you loaned Liljegren/Sandin to Sweden for the year.

Aside from that I think they're much better off working with out training and development staff, getting in some NHL games and playing AHL hockey over Sweden where we wouldn't control their development/role/ice time at all.

Agree to disagree. Working with the development staff is fine and all, but most players will tell you there is just no substitute for playing real games. And now both these guys will be out for a minimum of 10 months as a result of decisions made by the current regime. Marincin is easily replaced via minor trade and wouldn’t be first man up either way.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
They found places for the prospects that they were willing to send to Europe. They didn't send the players that they didn't want to risk losing until March or even April.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
They found places for the prospects that they were willing to send to Europe. They didn't send the players that they didn't want to risk losing until March or even April.

Such as Arizona sending 5th overall Barret Hayton, who played in the NHL playoffs and is a higher regarded prospect than anyone in the Leafs pipeline.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Such as Arizona sending 5th overall Barret Hayton, who played in the NHL playoffs and is a higher regarded prospect than anyone in the Leafs pipeline.
I sure would hope a 5th overall pick is higher regarded than anyone in the Leafs pipeline, as we haven't picked in that range for a while. I'd rather have Robertson though

Reactions: pacman25

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
A former 5th overall pick just just a few years ago?

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.jpg

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Could be possible that Arizona does not see a spot for him in the NHL this year.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Prospect of the week #2
This week it goes to Filip Halander. He had 2 assists in 2 games this week.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Updated October 25th

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 4 Goals: 2 Assists: 6 Points: 8 SOG: 8 DS: 3 Rating: +5 ESP: 8 PPP: 0 SHP: 0 FO%: 58.8 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

William Villeneuve QMJHL SJ
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 13 DS: 2 Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: 1 SHP: POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 10 Rating: -5 ESP: PPP: CF%: 45.5 TOI: 21:14 POW: POM:

Axel Rindell Liga Jukurit
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 12 Rating: -7 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: 42.5 TOI: 21:23 POW: POM:

Rino Hirvonen Liga Assat
Games: 9 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 18 Rating: -2 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 46.9 TOI: 15:49 FO%: 55 POW: POM:

Eemeli Rasanen Liga HPK
Games: 3 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 36 NA TOI: 14:33 POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen Nourten SM Liga Karpat U20
Games: 16 Goals: 3 Assists: 7 Points: 10 SOG: Rating: +8 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Topi Niemela SM Liga Karpat U20
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 10 Goals: 4 Assists: 1 Points: 5 SOG: 12 Rating: +2 ESP: 3 PPP: 2 CF%: 53.49 TOI: 16:26 POW: 1 POM:

Filip Hallander SHL Lulea
Games: 9 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 25 Rating: +1 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: 56.58 TOI: 15.35 POW: 1 POM:

Rodion Amirov KHL Salavat
Games: 15 Goals: 3 Assists: 3 Points: 6 SOG: 25 Rating: -2 ESP: 2 PPP: 4 CF%: TOI: 15:53 POW: POM:

Yegor Korshkov KHL Lokomotiv
Games: 17 Goals: 6 Assists: 6 Points: 12 SOG: 40 Rating: +3 ESP: 9 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: 15:44 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov KHL Nizhiny
Games: 4 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: Rating: +1 ESP: 0 PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 7:03 POW: POM:

Artur Akhtyamov KHL Bars Kazan
Games: 3 GAA: 2.90 SV%: .904 SO: POW: POM:
VHL Bars
Games: 4 GAA: 0.98 SV%: .957 SO: 1 POW: POM:
MHL Bars
Games: 3 GAA: 1.67 SV%: .926 SO: POW: 1 POM:

Vladislav Kara KHL Severstal
Games: 13 Goals: Assists: 2 Points: 2 SOG: 27 Rating: -3 ESP: 1 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 13:36 POW: POM:

Filip Kral Chance Liga Prerov
Games: 7 Goals: 2 Assists: 8 Points: 10 SOG: 22 Rating: +4 ESP: 5 PPP: 4 SHP: 1 CF%: 56.11 TOI: 25:35 POW: POM:

Dmitri Ovchinnikov MHL Sibiriskie
Games: 9 Goals: 6 Assists: 6 Points: 12 SOG: 29 Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: 25:25 POW: POM:

This is only including the guys who have started so far.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Updated October 25th

Mikhail Abramov QMJHL VIC
Games: 4 Goals: 2 Assists: 6 Points: 8 SOG: 8 DS: 3 Rating: +5 ESP: 8 PPP: 0 SHP: 0 FO%: 58.8 CF%: NA TOI: NA POW: POM:

William Villeneuve QMJHL SJ
Games: 6 Goals: Assists: 1 Points: 1 SOG: 13 DS: 2 Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: 1 SHP: POW: POM:

Mikko Kokkonen Liga Jukurit
Games: 8 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: 10 Rating: -5 ESP: PPP: CF%: 45.5 TOI: 21:14 POW: POM:

Axel Rindell Liga Jukurit
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 12 Rating: -7 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: 42.5 TOI: 21:23 POW: POM:

Rino Hirvonen Liga Assat
Games: 9 Goals: 1 Assists: 2 Points: 3 SOG: 18 Rating: -2 ESP: 3 PPP: CF%: 46.9 TOI: 15:49 FO%: 55 POW: POM:

Eemeli Rasanen Liga HPK
Games: 3 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG:
Rating: -1 ESP: PPP: CF%: 36 NA TOI: 14:33 POW: POM:

Kalle Loponen Nourten SM Liga Karpat U20
Games: 16 Goals: 3 Assists: 7 Points: 10 SOG: Rating: +8 ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Topi Niemela SM Liga Karpat U20
Games: 6 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: NA TOI: NA

Pontus Holmberg SHL Vaxjo
Games: 10 Goals: 4 Assists: 1 Points: 5 SOG: 12 Rating: +2 ESP: 3 PPP: 2 CF%: 53.49 TOI: 16:26 POW: 1 POM:

Filip Hallander SHL Lulea
Games: 9 Goals: 1 Assists: 3 Points: 4 SOG: 25 Rating: +1 ESP: 2 PPP: 2 CF%: 56.58 TOI: 15.35 POW: 1 POM:

Rodion Amirov KHL Salavat
Games: 15 Goals: 3 Assists: 3 Points: 6 SOG: 25 Rating: -2 ESP: 2 PPP: 4 CF%: TOI: 15:53 POW: POM:

Yegor Korshkov KHL Lokomotiv
Games: 17 Goals: 6 Assists: 6 Points: 12 SOG: 40 Rating: +3 ESP: 9 PPP: 3 CF%: NA TOI: 15:44 POW: POM:

Semyon Kizimov KHL Nizhiny
Games: 4 Goals: Assists: Points: SOG: Rating: +1 ESP: 0 PPP: CF%: NA TOI: 7:03 POW: POM:

Artur Akhtyamov KHL Bars Kazan
Games: 3 GAA: 2.90 SV%: .904 SO: POW: POM:
VHL Bars
Games: 4 GAA: 0.98 SV%: .957 SO: 1 POW: POM:
MHL Bars
Games: 3 GAA: 1.67 SV%: .926 SO: POW: 1 POM:

Vladislav Kara KHL Severstal
Games: 13 Goals: Assists: 2 Points: 2 SOG: 27 Rating: -3 ESP: 1 PPP: 1 CF%: TOI: 13:36 POW: POM:

Filip Kral Chance Liga Prerov
Games: 7 Goals: 2 Assists: 8 Points: 10 SOG: 22 Rating: +4 ESP: 5 PPP: 4 SHP: 1 CF%: 56.11 TOI: 25:35 POW: POM:

Dmitri Ovchinnikov MHL Sibiriskie
Games: 9 Goals: 6 Assists: 6 Points: 12 SOG: 29 Rating: even ESP: PPP: CF%: TOI: 25:25 POW: POM:

This is only including the guys who have started so far.

interesting zeroing in on Rindell and Kokkonen, similar TOI yet Rindell producing quite a bit more. Anyone know any context around their usage and performance?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Could be possible that Arizona does not see a spot for him in the NHL this year.

Could be. Could also be that they value playing games in a pro league more than they value time with skills coaches.

My guess is that is why they’re sending a better, more NHL ready prospect than Sandin overseas despite having an inferior roster than the Leafs.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Korshkov all of the sudden decided to be good.
He's always been very good. IMO. People have to remember that this guy started off on fire in his D+2 season (20/21 year old season) in the KHL and then broke his foot (IIRC) and missed the whole season practically. His speed still isn't what it was before but I think missing that crucial development time definitely affected him. And even with all of that, he still impressed all of us last year going into the season. Nik Petan barely beat him out on the main roster mostly because he was out of options and us sending him down wasn't really an option since he'd get snagged on the waiver wire.

I think Korshkov has a future in the NHL probably in the bottom 6 role. I think we really need to help him develop a defensive game and see if we can turn him into a PK piece. If he can do that, he has enough offensive abilities to become a consistent contributing bottom 6er and become a full time NHLer.

Reactions: aingefan and weems

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
I'm hearing that European clubs are becoming reluctant to accept any more NHL-signed players if those players intend to leave once training camps open in North America.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
interesting zeroing in on Rindell and Kokkonen, similar TOI yet Rindell producing quite a bit more. Anyone know any context around their usage and performance?
I mean they are the top 2 defensemen on the team in ice time, but remember that Kokkonen is a year younger than Rindell.

Rindell get's the majority of offensive opportunity but at some point Kokkonen has to start making an impact on the offensive side of the puck again. He put up 19 points in 56 games as a 17 year old which is fantastic for a player that age but since then has been a black hole offensively.

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad