Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm on the Justin Brazeau train... We are weak at forward depth, and he'd bring much needed size into this organization.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I'm on the Justin Brazeau train... We are weak at forward depth, and he'd bring much needed size into this organization.
Can he skate? If not, they won't be looking at him. But 6'6" is 6'6".

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Sounds like Marc-Andre Bergeron 2.0 - good guy to run a PP.

Maybe on the upside we'll get really lucky and he can be Ellis lite.

Looked really good on the weekend. Seen him several times in person this year. His skating always stands out. Should be someone to watch with Marlies next year.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
that being said, our prospect rankings are pretty simple.

1. very good prospect
2. very good prospect
3. a maybe prospect (bracco)
4-100. crapshoot

Wonder what Robbie Earl is up to these days?

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

1. very good prospect
2. very good prospect
4-100. crapshoot

I'd think that Moore at this point is also a maybe prospect.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd think that Moore at this point is also a maybe prospect.

yeah, I could see calling Moore/Rosen as prospects still, though personally I make a habit of making 22yrs old my cutoff, and even that's old for a prospect.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
With mid-season rankings dropping, anyone what to take a shot a prospect pyramid based on the below

Plus Tier- next to no doubt top line F, top pair D, decent elite/ franchise potential (rarely filled)
Tier1- next to no doubt top 6F/4D, decent bet to be a top liner/top pair, slim elite potential
Tier2- next to no doubt nhl player, decent bet for top 6/4, slim top line/pair
Tier3- A.either good bet to make it in a more limited role or B. clear top 6/4 potential but boom bust
Tier4- Projects with good feeling
Tier5- The rest

My take

Plus Tier -none
Tier 1- None
Tier 2- Liljgren and Sandin
Tier 3 A: Rosen/ Moore/ Brooks Tier 3 B. Bracco/ Hollowell/ Korshkov /Woll /Scott
Tier 4: McGregor/ Holmberg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

1. very good prospect
2. very good prospect
4-100. crapshoot

I have Bracco and Woll as a very good prospects as well. Just my opinion. Woll is about as good of a goalie prospect you can have IMO. He's got good numbers, looks good in the net, has the size of a modern NHL goalie. I would include Scott, and I've been high on Scott since before we drafted him, but I want to see the entire season before I upgrade his status.

Otherwise yeah, pretty much.

I think we have good depth in what I like to call "Role player prospects". Which are guys like Moore, Marchment, Borgman, Rosen, etc Then we have some pretty good lottery cards. SDA, Timashov, Gordeev, Engvall, Kral, Korshkov, Hollowell, Stotts etc. who may not make it, may make it as a role player, or could become key guys.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think our top 3 prospects are Sandin and the 2 goalies, the rest are B and C level guys

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I think our top 3 prospects are Sandin and the 2 goalies, the rest are B and C level guys

Liljegren and Bracco would beg to differ. They are both better than our goalie prospects. Then you probably get our goalie prospects, but the thing about our prospects is that while their NHL upside may not be immense, most of them are progressing well enough to reach their NHL upside, which still makes them decently valuable... especially to a cap team like the Leafs.

Most other teams can't claim that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if we could convince Joseph Duszak to leave University a year early with a pro deal. Kid has 70 points in his last 64 NCAA games, as a right-handed d-man over the past two seasons. Had 21 in 29 games as a rookie as well.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Liljegren is better than Sandin currently and they are comparable in terms of value.

Sandin had a hot start with the Marlies before getting hurt and had a good showing at the world juniors, but had Liljegren gone, he would have been on the top pair with Brannstrom, and he was playing the top pair for the Marlies when he got hurt. Sandin was on the third pairing. If Sandin pushes his way up the lineup during the year, then we can compare them directly, but Liljegren is ahead at this point.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Just going to rank some guys to compare to wheelers:

1. Liljegren
  2. Sandin
  3. Bracco
  4. Woll
  5. Scott
  6. SDA
  7. Korshkov
  8. Hollowell
  9. Lindgren
  10. Stotts
  11. Rasanen
  12. Holmberg
  13. Engvall
  14. Timashov
  15. Carcone

That’d be my top 15.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I wonder if we could convince Joseph Duszak to leave University a year early with a pro deal. Kid has 70 points in his last 64 NCAA games, as a right-handed d-man over the past two seasons. Had 21 in 29 games as a rookie as well.

The main concerns are his size and the level of competition. His division has arguably the weakest teams in D1 hockey. There are not too many drafted players in the division, and few can even make it to become consistent AHLers, never mind NHLers.

Add in that the Marlies should already have 3 or 4 (if they like Corrado enough to bring him back as a depth RD) RD on their depth chart next year anyways, and he may just end up in the ECHL. I'd definitely give him a chance on an AHL deal, but I doubt he leaves early for that.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Still think Bracco will have a positive impact on this team when he joins.

If he's used correctly, I think he can be a bit of a game breaker.
I agree. I believe he will really shine playing with superior talent around him. He and Matthews looked great together during pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad