Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromoterDave

Apr 22, 2016
Toronto
Signing Felhaber, Hancock, Brazeau and Mattinen from the OHL, as well as drafting Austin Keating with a mid - late round pick would definitely help re stock our prospect pool

Reactions: TML1967

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
To follow up on the discussion

The regular D men
Lilly
Rosen
Loverde
Borgman
Sandin
Corrado

Liljegren

5 on 5
CF%: 56.8(2nd)
CF/60: 59.0(1st)
CF% Rel: +1.5(1st)
OZS%: 36.8 (2nd lowest)

PK
CA/60: 66.0(2nd)
CA/60 Rel: 13.8(3rd)

All situations
OZS%: 32.2 (3rd)
Sel%: 50.4(1st)

Lilly is playing really well under top pairing minutes, while playing some of the toughest minutes on the team. A nice discovery is that he has been one of Marlies better d man on the PK as well.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
To follow up on the discussion

The regular D men
Lilly
Rosen
Loverde
Borgman
Sandin
Corrado

Liljegren

5 on 5
CF%: 56.8(2nd)
CF/60: 59.0(1st)
CF% Rel: +1.5(1st)
OZS%: 36.8 (2nd lowest)

PK
CA/60: 66.0(2nd)
CA/60 Rel: 13.8(3rd)

All situations
OZS%: 32.2 (3rd)
Sel%: 50.4(1st)

Lilly is playing really well under top pairing minutes, while playing some of the toughest minutes on the team. A nice discovery is that he has been one of Marlies better d man on the PK as well.

All this Liljegren-Durzi talk is nuts

We should all be glad that LA wanted Durzi instead, how they valued Durzi over a kid playing top pair in all situations at the AHL level at 19 is beyond my comprehension but I'm glad they did

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
All this Liljegren-Durzi talk is nuts

We should all be glad that LA wanted Durzi instead, how they valued Durzi over a kid playing top pair in all situations at the AHL level at 19 is beyond my comprehension but I'm glad they did

apparently, they wanted Sandin and Durzi was 2nd choice, so think about it a little more. He plays 3rd pairing minutes at even strength on the Marlies, don't believe what you read[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Just going to toss this back in here in case it was missed.

I can't help but laugh out loud at the poster that claims he was 'right' about Liljegren because Friedman thinks Blake chose Durzi over Liljegren.

As if he had a choice.

Assuming its the same poster?
Its okay for him to be happy, he was never right on anything, and still isn't. However if "pretend" right gives him joy, then it makes his problems look even worse.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Let's play a game! Choose the player you want to move forward with!

Player 1:
  • 19 years old
  • Right hand defenceman
  • 4th season playing pro hockey (2nd in North America)
  • Playing 1D minutes with top PK and top PP duties
  • One of the youngest defenceman in the league

Player 2:
  • 20 years old
  • Right hand defenceman
  • Playing his overage season in the OHL
  • Playing at just over a point-per-game against players up to 4 years younger than him

If Rob Blake had a choice and willfully chose player 2, he needs to be fired.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
apparently, they wanted Sandin and Durzi was 2nd choice, so think about it a little more. He plays 3rd pairing minutes at even strength on the Marlies, don't believe what you read from certain posters.

Sandin has been substantially better than anybody could have expected since he was drafted, I think virtually everybody would have been asking about him, especially after his WJC performance

I'd also point out that Liljegren was eligible for the WJC this season still and he's playing top pair, all situations in arguably the 2nd best league in the world

If LA wanted Durzi I'm more than happy, I still value Liljegren much higher (I watch some Marlies games so I feel like I have a decent idea where Liljegren is at)

I don't think he's going to be an offensive driver but I can see him playing all situations and being a very strong transition/NZ defenseman, which I value with our forward group

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Sandin has been substantially better than anybody could have expected since he was drafted, I think virtually everybody would have been asking about him, especially after his WJC performance

I'd also point out that Liljegren was eligible for the WJC this season still and he's playing top pair, all situations in arguably the 2nd best league in the world

If LA wanted Durzi I'm more than happy, I still value Liljegren much higher (I watch some Marlies games so I feel like I have a decent idea where Liljegren is at)

I don't think he's going to be an offensive driver but I can see him playing all situations and being a very strong transition/NZ defenseman, which I value with our forward group

He is kind of trending towards a Gardiner type player but he is not as skilled as Jake.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
LA probably asked for Sandin, and Dubas was "good one, next"

"Okay then how about Lilly", Dubas "you will have to give us something more"

"We like Durzi". Dubas "accepted"

Friedman representation
"Kings went with Durzi instead of Lilly"

I cant really trust Friedman after the Nylander display.
Chris Johnston is the best from everybody.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He is kind of trending towards a Gardiner type player but he is not as skilled as Jake.

I can't see him being a 50 point player like Gardiner

I'm thinking 30-40 points, PK PP, being a strong transitional/neutral zone player, 20 minutes a night on the 2nd pair

Reactions: stickty111

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I can't see him being a 50 point player like Gardiner

I'm thinking 30-40 points, PK PP, being a strong transitional/neutral zone player, 20 minutes a night on the 2nd pair

I mean he will be a transitional and neutral zone player, maybe a 20 point d'man

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I mean he will be a transitional and neutral zone player, maybe a 20 point d'man

If he can move the puck up ice through the N/Z with our forward group he's going to pick up points, add in him QBing the 2nd PP unit and I think he's likely more a 30-40 point player rather than 20 points imo

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
According to Jeffler's stats, Lilly plays top pair minutes on the Marlies. He doesnt play 3rd pairing even strength. Keefe has also said he is on the top pair. Rosen and him were the pairing.

Toronto Marlies 2018-19 Midseason Review & Player Grades | Maple Leafs Hotstove
The author of this piece watches basically every game, and gave Lilly an A- so far.
"toyed with awarding Liljegren a B+, but after a shaky start, he was handling the extra responsibilities handed to him with aplomb. It’s a huge transition going from sheltered minutes to top pairing responsibilities. Alongside Calle Rosen, the pair were forming an excellent partnership prior to a high-ankle sprain injury that could not have come at a worse time for the young Swedish defenseman, denying him a trip to the World Juniors and robbing him of a full season’s development with the Maple Leafs desperately in need of help on the right side.

Another source who says Liljegren plays top pair.

He isn't on the 3rd pairing even strength. Don't believe every thing you read.

to @Maple Leafs

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
According to Jeffler's stats, Lilly plays top pair minutes on the Marlies. He doesnt play 3rd pairing even strength. Keefe has also said he is on the top pair. Rosen and him were the pairing.

Toronto Marlies 2018-19 Midseason Review & Player Grades | Maple Leafs Hotstove
The author of this piece watches basically every game, and gave Lilly an A- so far.
"toyed with awarding Liljegren a B+, but after a shaky start, he was handling the extra responsibilities handed to him with aplomb. It’s a huge transition going from sheltered minutes to top pairing responsibilities. Alongside Calle Rosen, the pair were forming an excellent partnership prior to a high-ankle sprain injury that could not have come at a worse time for the young Swedish defenseman, denying him a trip to the World Juniors and robbing him of a full season’s development with the Maple Leafs desperately in need of help on the right side.

Another source who says Liljegren plays top pair.

He isn't on the 3rd pairing even strength. Don't believe every thing you read.

to @Maple Leafs
I trust the HFboards poster rather than people that go to the games.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I can see Liljegren as being an offensive driver. Maybe not the number 1 (although that is certainly a possibility), but definitely in the number two hole that Gardiner is in right now. I think the thing to remember is that they are not letting Liljegren just run wild with his offense. They want to teach him a responsible defensive game and build up each part before letting him unleash everything. Just like they did with a bunch of forwards on the 4th line, and just like they did with Rielly his first few years in the NHL.

I think there is still some left to be desired in terms of his offensive ability, but that could be said about a lot of the offensive guys on the Marlies this year (especially when Liljegren was playing; it has been better recently).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I will be honest. I like Stotts over SDA

I am hoping for more out of him. Part of the problem, I think, is that he needs to be the 1C, but that is not going to happen with Kastelic having a great season. He's still doing well, but you'd hope for over a PPG by the end of the season for sure... Even on a mediocre Calgary squad.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Signing Felhaber, Hancock, Brazeau and Mattinen from the OHL, as well as drafting Austin Keating with a mid - late round pick would definitely help re stock our prospect pool
Mattinen and Hancock could probably be added on PTO's or on AHL contracts. Would likely start with the Growlers.

Keating isn't worth adding unless he goes undrafted and gets a PTO as well.

Felhaber and Brazeau I would absolutely be all over. Would make losing Grundstrom a lot easier.

Reactions: TML1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad