Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Hollowell 3A +4
I'm probably in the minority, but I thought the Hollowell and Durzi picks were great from day 1. Yes, I know that, given their age, such dominant performances are to be expected, but I still think their performances are noteworthy. Especially since they show strength on both sides of the ice.

Reactions: Lauro

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
They are both playing overage years. They are supposed to be dominating. What bothers me about the durzi pick is that we could have used a 2017 7th rounder on him.

Reactions: Duffman955

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They are both playing overage years. They are supposed to be dominating. What bothers me about the durzi pick is that we could have used a 2017 7th rounder on him.

We could have also used a 7th round pick in 2018 on Leason as well. Sometimes a prospect is injured or teams don't see enough (due to playing time, injury, bad showings etc) in their draft year and then explode the following year (or 2).

I would have much preferred Calen Addison or Filip Hollander but I've seen enough of Durzi, looking past the stats line, that I see plenty of AHL/NHL qualities to his game. I've read from a few different sources that Durzi would have easily gone top 70, so the Leafs didn't really reach all that much with the pick.

We'll see in a few years how it turns out. Much like another high picked overager (Korshkov), the main problem with Durzi is staying healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafChief

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We could have also used a 7th round pick in 2018 on Leason as well. Sometimes a prospect is injured or teams don't see enough (due to playing time, injury, bad showings etc) in their draft year and then explode the following year (or 2).

I would have much preferred Calen Addison or Filip Hollander but I've seen enough of Durzi, looking past the stats line, that I see plenty of AHL/NHL qualities to his game. I've read from a few different sources that Durzi would have easily gone top 70, so the Leafs didn't really reach all that much with the pick.

We'll see in a few years how it turns out. Much like another high picked overager (Korshkov), the main problem with Durzi is staying healthy.
I remember seeing somewhere Dubas wanted to sign Durzi in developmental camp last year, but there was either no room, or Lou wouldnt let him.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
Grundstrom Jooris Gagner
Marchment Brooks Moore
Timashov Greening Gagne

Rosen LoVerde
Borgman Corrado
Jardine Oleksy

Kaskisuo

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Thats just a good body check. Shame he had to fight after that. Marchment didn't even look like he was really trying to play the body based on his positioning... Necas literally just cut towards the body instead of the stick lol.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

I remember reading somewhere that Dubas wanted to sign him as a FA in training camp, but the management team disagreed.

While it sucks that we wasted a high pick when it wasnt necessary in hindsight, I dont think Philly cares all that much that they did the same with Gostisbehere.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The prospects are really starting to heat up. Engvall and Bracco in particular. Marchment, Brooks and Moore has been a dominant line too.

I'd love to see the Leafs give a game or two to Marchment and sit out Lindholm.
Marchment plays the style the Leafs so desperately need right now.

I'd like to see Brown moved out for a D (Gudas?!) and the Leafs run a fourth line of Moore - Lindholm - Marchment into the playoffs.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Marchment plays the style the Leafs so desperately need right now.

I'd like to see Brown moved out for a D (Gudas?!) and the Leafs run a fourth line of Moore - Lindholm - Marchment into the playoffs.

Even Gauthier hasn't played bad

Moore - Gauthier - Marchment

Looks like a Babcock type of 4th line.

Can they all play on the PK?

Reactions: LeafChief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad