Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Personally, for example, LA is looking for a prospect + a 1st for Muzzin. Martinez would probably be even lower of a price. I can see Timashov possibly being good enough to be the prospect, or perhaps being one of two decent prospects used in that sort of deal.

Nothing amazing, but enough to get a deal done.

We are going to have ample guys to push expensive guys out. Marchment, Engvall, Moore, Brooks, Bracco, Korshkov, Grundstrom, etc. There will be more coming up as well... Those are just the ones who are close.
If Timashov does have that kind of value I have no issue including him in a deal for something we need, I don't know how he'll be viewed but great if that's the case

I think you're right on us having enough winger prospects in the system for Timashov not to be necessary but we'd also feel pretty dumb if we dealt him and he turned out and our processession of ELC wingers ends up not netting what we think it will. I guess you have to take some risks at some point though

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Engvall Mueller Bracco
Grundstrom Jooris Gagner
Marchment Brooks Moore
Timashov Greening Gagne

Rosen LoVerde
Borgman Corrado
LeBlanc Subban

Hutchinson

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

he has one hell of a shot when he wants to use it. he's the highest upside forward we have not on the Leafs

Oh I agree. It’s funny that even as recently as November there were people here saying he was a nothing prospect.

I had Bracco ranked top 15 in his draft year. I love the kid. His vision is incredibly

Reactions: stickty111

member 147413

With Kappy emerging, Bracco producing as well as he is and Moore showing promise, I think we should be moving on from both Nylander and Brown.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
With Kappy emerging, Bracco producing as well as he is and Moore showing promise, I think we should be moving on from both Nylander and Brown.

Brown I can agree with but Nylander is a different story

He's been bad since he resigned but he had 2 60 point seasons on his ECL, he's the type of player you trade at 22 years old and kick yourself over for the next decade

He's a genuine game breaking talent and those don't just grow on trees

Madic

May 21, 2008

he has one hell of a shot when he wants to use it. he's the highest upside forward we have not on the Leafs

That clip is of a deflection off the Checkers d-man. Good goal and all that jazz, but the Marlies twitter's hyperbole is hilarious...I guess they can't write "standard wrist shot luckily deflects in"?

Meant mildly for genuine discussion, but I don't think I've ever seen a "hell of a shot" from Bracco and I doubt he ever develops one. It's a muffin. Which is fine, he's getting better with it. His talents lie in possession/setup anyway.

Reactions: Uncle

member 147413

Brown I can agree with but Nylander is a different story

He's been bad since he resigned but he had 2 60 point seasons on his ECL, he's the type of player you trade at 22 years old and kick yourself over for the next decade

He's a genuine game breaking talent and those don't just grow on trees

Bracco is completely unproven beyond the AHL.

Let's give him a chance to prove he can play in the NHL before we ship off any NHLer.

I should clarify. I do agree Nylander has great potential and is a game breaking talent. As such, I would only move him for a comparable dman (of which there aren’t many available).

I also agree that Nylander wouldn’t be shipped off until Bracco were more proven.

Hell, I’d rather have Nylander down the middle and hope Bracco finds chemistry with Matthews.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I should clarify. I do agree Nylander has great potential and is a game breaking talent. As such, I would only move him for a comparable dman (of which there aren’t many available).

I also agree that Nylander wouldn’t be shipped off until Bracco were more proven.

Hell, I’d rather have Nylander down the middle and hope Bracco finds chemistry with Matthews.

I'm not wedded to any player, I'm up for trading anybody if it makes us better but a Nylander trade is fraught with risk

I don't envy anybody taking on that type of trade with the risks involved

I like Bracco but I do wonder if he's going to be traded eventually, the kids ultra skilled but we do have a lot of similar types of players on the Leafs already

It's hard to see a spot for him to graduate into

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Same, exactly what the Leafs need too.
Moore has been great and the Leafs obviously have him as the next call-up guy, but Marchment has to be in the conversation as who's next after Moore
that read to create a breakaway for himself reminded me of Marner. he's a smart player, and brings some nice size and toughness. I think him and Moore should both be on the 4th line by the time the playoffs start

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I know its extremely early and its difficult to predict goalies, but I really wish the Leafs had taken Carter Hart over Korshkov though. :( Whether he becomes a good/great goalie in the future or he flames out, I'd 100% rather take a chance on him than Korshkov who seems pretty unlikely to ever play for the Leafs and even if he does it will probably be something like the role Gauthier has which is pretty damn crap for a pretty high pick.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I know its extremely early and its difficult to predict goalies, but I really wish the Leafs had taken Carter Hart over Korshkov though. :( Whether he becomes a good/great goalie in the future or he flames out, I'd 100% rather take a chance on him than Korshkov who seems pretty unlikely to ever play for the Leafs and even if he does it will probably be something like the role Gauthier has which is pretty damn crap for a pretty high pick.
That Korshkov pick never seemed to make any sense

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Engvall has 3 goals in his last 4 games. Getting a bit more opportunity in the top-six.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad